Sana Annoying Tzuyu for Twenty Minutes

*SEMI PERM-HIATUS* Paper Planes and Rubber Band Balls

A/N - This was a prompt by Lifewithoutmichaeng

 

ALSO I NEVER SAID ANYONE WOULD DIE CHILL YOUR GRILL YALL DON’T KNOW WHAT’S GOING DOWN SO RELAX

 

Also my friend just posted an English cover of ‘BDZ’ he’s awesome (genuinely the cover is AMAZING) and a really good friend of mine so if you have a spare minute please check it out: BDZ Cover

 

Sana Annoying Tzuyu for 20 minutes

 

Tzuyu was sorry for everything she had ever done.

 

Everyone she had killed, everyone she had wronged, everyone she thought was wearing something unflattering she was sorry for all of it. Because right now karma was coming round and biting her in the arse….HARD. She had been on her way to Momo’s dorm for a date, Jihyo was planning to meet them there in half an hour to drive them to the restaurant. It was going to be their first date in town and they were all excited to be out publicly for the first time. Tzuyu had walked into the dorms using a key card she had swiped from a security guard the last time she’d been there and walked to the elevator. She got in an hit the button for the right floor.

 

“HOLD IT!” A voice squeaked,

 

Tzuyu reached out and hit the button, keeping the doors open. A train-wreck in pink appeared, Sana bustled in clutching three overstuffed shopping back. Her hair was wild and she was covered in leaves and sticks, if Tzuyu didn’t know Sana was completely whipped for Mina she’d have suspected she was romping in the leaves with one of her old one night stands. A more likely explanation was that Sana had tripped over a small dog and was sent crashing into a nearby bush.

 

Tzuyu hoped the small dog was okay.

 

“Tzuyu!” Sana panted out, catching her breath, “You here for Momo?”

 

“Yup.” Tzuyu replied spamming the button to close the doors,

 

“Aw she said she was suuper excited about your date,” Sana began babbling, “Mina was jealous that I don’t gush about her like that, not that she’d know anyway because I would never do it in front of her blah blah blah….”

Why wont the damn doors close!?

 

“Blah blah, blah blah blah!”

 

Tzuyu sighed in relief when the doors finally shut and they began to ascend. Then Tzuyu realised her situation had only gotten was. Now that Sana’s rambling was in an enclosed space it had gotten harder for Tzuyu to stop herself punching the older girl in the mouth. But she didn’t because then Momo would be sad and if Momo was sad, Jihyo would scold and that would lead to Tzuyu being cut off from….bonding activities with her girlfriends. She took a deep breath, just a few seconds and she’ll be walking down a nice, long, spacious hallway. But fate had always hated Tzuyu….so when the lift shuddered and stopped suddenly all she could do was swear at the top of her lungs before spamming the little bell.

 

“Hello?”

 

“The ing lift is stuck!”

 

“Watch your language.”

 

Sorry,” Tzuyu snapped, “The ing lift is jammed.”

 

A long sigh on the other end before, “I’ll call maintenance.”

 

Tzuyu groaned…

 

The lights went out.

 

More Chinese swear words.

 

“Relax TzuTzu.”

 

“Don’t call me that.”

 

“Aww!” Sana squealed tapping her nose, “Don’t be so miserable.”

 

“You don’t make it easy for me.”

 

“C’mon TzuTzu--”

 

“What did I say would happen if you kept calling me that?”

 

“I wasn’t listening but I assume it was something violent and bloody.”

 

“Good guess.”

 

Silence for a moment. Tzuyu basked in the lapse of conversation, happy for the break. Only good things never last forever and soon Sana was being her annoying self again. To her credit she wasn’t talking - oh no…she was humming. Tzuyu didn’t know what song it was, nor did she wish to find out - she was too busy once again trying not to hit Sana. She managed to keep her breathing steady for a few moments but then the irritating tune went one note to far and Tzuyu snapped.

 

“Would you please STOP!?”

 

“Stop what?”

 

“Noise. Noise making, the making of sounds via your vocal chords with the sole aim to annoy the crap out of me.”

 

“Okay, okay,” Sana soothed, “Calm down. Is it the humming that made you Mrs Grump-Grumpison? Then I’ll stop humming, what can we do instead? Charades? Eye spy?”

 

“The quiet game.”

 

“OH I’M SOOO GOOD AT THAT! This one time back in Japan my---”

 

“LET’S START!”

 

Sana closed and once more both girls enjoyed the awkwardness. It was almost relaxing and Tzuyu rested her back on the elevator wall and let out a long breath. She wasn’t good with closed spaces but nobody had to know that. She kept her eyes closed, unaware of Sana watching her in the dark - wheels turning in her head. Sana wasn’t stupid, she could see the younger girl was in distress and having gotten to know Tzuyu (as well as the hundreds of times Momo had talked about her) Sana was aware that Tzuyu didn’t always know how to process her emotions properly. Then a phone went off, it was Sana’s - she looked at Tzuyu to ask whether or not she was allowed to talk now. They must be in front of another floor, otherwise the elevator would have no mobile signal. Tzuyu nodded.

 

“Hello?”

 

“Sana!” Mina’s worried voice came through, “The lift is stuck, so you’ll have to take the stairs.”

 

“A bit late,” Sana confessed, “Tzuyu and I are stuck inside it.”

 

“Tzuyu?” Another voice, Momo, called from behind,

 

Mina took over again, “Are you alright?”

 

“Oh we’re fine,” Sana lied, “Tzuyu loves having me around dontcha TzuTzu?”

 

“Drop dead.”

 

“See!”

 

“Well the maintenance guys are here so you should be out soon, call me if you get scared okay?”

 

“Okay,” Sana smiled, her usually high piercing voice dropping quieter, “I love you.”

 

“I love you too.”

 

“Awww you guys are so cu--”

 

Mina hung up before Momo could finish. Sana chuckled at the duo and Tzuyu cracked a grin at her girlfriend’s antics. She wished Jihyo were here, Jihyo would know what to do - or if Momo was trapped with her Tzuyu could at least have cuddles. They’d be out soon, she’d be okay….she hoped she’d be okay. With a groan Tzuyu slid down the side so that she was sitting. She’d become suddenly aware of how enclosed the space was, reminded her of the small shed they’d shut her in when she was kidnapped.

 

“Did you know lions are scared of their pray?”

 

“Huh?”

 

“Like when they attack elephants and stuff, they’re scared because it’s like dangerous and they could get stomped on or something. Their instinct is the only thing that makes them willing to be brave”

 

“Neat fact.”

 

“I know right, big brave lions are really just pussycats!”

 

“Weren’t we playing the quiet game?”

 

“How do lifts go up?”

 

“A rope.”

 

“Pfft that can’t be it.”

 

“I’m not an electrician.”

 

“I think it floats.”

 

“Perhaps.”

 

“Like magic, Mina said that only Christmas magic is real but I don’t know if I believe her.”

 

“Mmhmm.”

 

“What do you think?”

 

“Santa’s real, Tooth Fairy’s real and Jack Frost is ing the Easter Bunny.”

 

“Woah,” Sana breathed, “Rise of the Guardians should not be a kids film.”

 

When Tzuyu didn’t reply Sana studied her a moment, she looked so small and was breathing funny.

 

“Hey…Tzuyu?”

 

“What!?” Tzuyu snapped, really not in the mood,

 

“Are you okay?”

 

Tzuyu looked up, “I’ll feel better when we’re outside.”

 

“Are you scared?” Sana asked sitting down next to her,

 

Well squatting….she knows what people have done in this lift.

 

“I’m claustrophobic.”

 

“What’s Santa Claus got to with being stuck in a lift?”

 

“He hates small spaces.”

 

Sana laughed softly, “I was kidding. I know I’m not your favourite person in the world Tzuyu so if you want me to get Jihyo or Momo on the phone--”

 

“No!”

 

“Why?”

 

“Th-They don’t know…”

 

Sana felt her protectiveness for Momo come out, “Is there a lot you don’t tell them? Ignoring the gang stuff.”

 

“Just this I promise.”

 

“So you don’t keep anything else?”

 

“No.”

 

“Why wont you tell them what you’re scared of?”

 

Tzuyu groaned, “Because….Because I’m the brave one. I’m the protector.”

 

“You don’t always have to be the protector.”

 

“Yes I do.”

 

“No you don’t.”

 

“Yes I do.” Tzuyu repeated with more anger, “If I can’t protect them what can I offer?”

 

A pause.

 

“You’re a good listener.” Sana said,

 

“I’m really not.”

 

“I know you like to be short with me and want me to leave 90% of the time, but you still listen to what I have to say and respond - even if you are making fun of me. Actually, when you respond it reminds me that I’m being silly and my problem isn’t as big as I made it out to be. It’s why I go to you! I appreciate that, it helps.”

 

Tzuyu studied her a moment, “Please, don’t tell Momo about…y’know.”

 

“I wont, but I hope you do.” Sana sighed, “They want to protect you sometimes too.”

 

“I know, I just don’t want to be weak.”

 

“Even Lions are scared of elephants.” Sana reminded her wistfully,

 

As Tzuyu turned over what the hell that meant, as if by magic the lights flicked on and the doors opened.

 

“We’re free!” Sana squealed running towards where a visibly distressed Mina was,

 

Tzuyu followed her and walked to Momo, happy to be out. Still very confused over what had happened over the past 20 minutes…

 

When did she class Minatozaki as her friend?

A/N - Again please go and support my friend Alex the cover is actually so good: CLICK HERE