Chapter 49

Haunted Fate

"What did you mean by criminal ?" repeated Taemin, following him again to the camp.

"Exactly what it means. Look, his magic scars have the imprint of Adonis. As a master sorcerer he's who must punish the surnatural who deserves it, and according to their actions. What this Eunwoo had seemed very violent and serious. "

"Have you seen this kind of thing before?"

Nikolai hesitated "Rarely. Even serial killers are not entitled to this kind of mark."

Taemin from there fell silence. Was the man dangerous?

I'm there in exchange for the life of my soul mate he said.

"Maybe he covered someone." Taemin offered softly.

"Whether he tried to cover someone up or not, Adonis would have known. This man has been deprived of his right to transform himself."

"Transform ?"

"He was a Shifter. These scars limit his ability to change into animal form and this is, for life. And that kills him from the inside little by little. This is the worst thing that can be inflicted on someone. Just as painful as if you had your skin torn off. "

Taemin winced arriving at the camp.

"Ah there you are" said Fate as Taemin lay down on the ground "when do we start walking tomorrow ?"

"Very early in the morning, one of us is on guard duty tonight." replied Nikolai.

"Well, I dedicate myself. I have no more body so I'm not sleepy anymore." replied Fate aloof.

Nikolai gulped nodding and moved away from the camp a little before lying down. Fate watched him go silent.

"What's the problem ?"

"He feels guilty for what happened to you." replied Taemin gently. The wolf lay down beside him as if to keep him warm.

Fate shook his head "He couldn't forbid entry to the spirits, your house is squarely built under a cemetery. And above all who coudn't have known that the Shaman could dematerialize ."

"That's not common ?"

Fate shook his head "Pure black magic." he shivered "his fingers were rotten. Berk." he stuck out his tongue as if disgusted, touching his throat.

Taemin looked at the wolf who was staring at him and smiled "We will find a solution, you will come back among us."

Fate's shoulders slumped "I don't want a sacrifice, my life is no better than someone else's."

"Fate.."

The latter shook his head as if to close the discussion.

ᚪᛤᛄᛩᛊ

Taemin's house

It was 39 ° C in the house, Jaeshin blushing was sitting on the sofa watching an uninteresting documentary sandwiched between two shirtless men.

"You have decided to squat until Taemin and Nikolai return I agree, but can't you guys put something on ?!"

Kai and Key stared at him, Jaeshin had his legs fold over on himself as if he was afraid of touching the two men by accident.

Not responding, Key looked at Kai "Are you going to leave your wife?"

Kai glanced at him sideways.

"You spent the night with Taemin. You wouldn't risk losing your family if you didn't take it seriously, right Alpha?"

Ignis, who was also shirtless and sitting on the carpet reading a magic book, looked at Kai waiting for the answer. An answer that didn't come since they heard the entrance gate open with a loud noise.

Feeling the person coming with immense anger, Key stood up abruptly.

"Enemy." he said simply before lifting Jaeshin with his left arm and baby Sehun with his right arm. He stepped back to the back of the room.

Ignis stood up quickly as Kai headed for the entrance. The unknow man barely had time to turn the doorknob before Kai opened it wide, squeezed the stranger's throat and threw him inside the house. The stranger landed against the living room table which shattered under his weight. The Alpha took care to lock the door of the entry while Ignis walked towards the stranger calmly ready to kill.

"Taemin is going to murder us !" squeaked Jaeshin, seeing the table in pieces.

The stranger suddenly changed into a wolf and showed the canines to Ignis about to pounce on him. Kai frowned.

"A wolf ?" asked Key confused, he looked at Kai "Is it yours?"

Kai looked confused as Ignis held the wolf shutting his muzzle with his hand.

"Can't you even recognize your own Alpha?"  Kai growled "get your bearings Ben if you don't want me to rip your throat !"

The wolf stopped growling looking at Kai in surprise, as if he had just recognized him.

"Ben ?" said Jaeshin.

The latter turned to him and Key put Jaeshin back on the ground.

"Ben, is that you?" he said again hesitantly.

Ben's ears drooped and he let out a plaintive whine. Jaeshin's lips trembled, visibly restraining himself from crying.

"Come back human moron and try to convince me to forgive you !"+++

It was barely 7am and it was already 41 ° in the Jungle. Nikolai withstanding the heat very badly, struggled to follow the path with Taemin and Fate a little further ahead.

Fate wasnt feeling the heat, humming softly.

"So what did I miss in 24 hours ?" he asked not really curious.

"You would be surprised." said Taemin, slightly breathless.

"Go ahead. Surprise me."

"Nikolai has finally agreed to forgive Key."

Fate turned toward the man quickly,making his blond hair fly "It's not too early !"

Nikolai rolled his eyes.

"So Key has to spend the night in your house ?" Fate asked Taemin.

"No, they went to Key's house."

"Since Mister had already taken the guest bedroom." muttered Nikolai.

"Excuse me for being dead, sir. Anything else?"

Nikolai laughed darkly looking at Taemin and the latter blushed. Fate having noticed the exchange "What, what is it ? What did I miss this time ?"

"Alpha." just said Nikolai.

"Well ?"

"With Taemin."

"About ?"

"In the bed."

Fate froze, one leg raised, it took exactly 7 seconds to react "The Alpha with Taemin in the bed ? What ?"

Taemin groaned in embarrassment deciding to walk without them. "Can we forget that please."

Fate was so shocked that Nikolai laughed.

"But ... wait, wait, wait. Minute butterfly, reassure me I have only been dead for less than 24 hours, right ? Nikolai has not yet given birth at least ?!"

Taemin and Nikolai looked at him eloquently.

"..You are not going to tell me that you gave birth."

"It was the only way to let me go, Key takes care of Sehun." replied Nikolai as if to justify himself walking.

Fate hurried to catch up with them "Tell me it's not true, you can do that ?! You could repopulate the earth very quickly like that !"

"There is only you to think of making me a reproductive machine. And no, I would not do it again."

"Why ?" Taemin asked.

"It's unnatural. It went well, but who knows next time."

"He's already planning a second baby." muttered falsely shocked Fate.

"It was a simple guess !" replied Nikolai blushing.

"If you say so. Basically I'm dead and the two of you decided to be frivolous."

Silence.

"Uh ... saying it like that .." Taemin was embarrassed.

"My death has made you realize something... Nikolai it's not funny !"

Nikolai couldn't restrain his shoulders from shaking "Sorry."

"God. Please, let's close the subject and go to this damn castle." said Taemin finally seeing the latter "wait but it's huge!"

"What did you think it was, an inn?" Fate shook his head when he saw all the floors "damn it."

"Might as well look for an ox in the middle of a pine field," muttered Nikolai.

"You might as well look for a needle in a haystack" rectified Taemin absently "Where could he hide these pages from the books?"

"His apartments, his workplace, in a sort of treasure room .." replied Nikolai.

"Okay, let's split up" decided Fate "I'm going to see his place of work, Taemin in his apartments and Nikolai the treasure room, okay?"

The wolf growled.

"You ... I don't know. Look good."

"He will come with me." said Taemin placing his hand on the wolf's head.

"Okay, so remember what the man said to Taemin; don't trust anyone and avoid this saying .. creation of the Shaman. It doesn't inspire confidence, but the advantage when you are dead is that you're not afraid to die. "

Taemin took a deep breath "Okay, let's go."

ᚪᛤᛄᛩᛊ

From the top of one of the castle towers, the man who was with the Shaman watched them come forward with a malicious smile.

He put his hand against the window and said in a low voice, "Let the party begin."