Chapter 38

Haunted Fate

Taemin and Kai went to see Nikolai in a corner of the room with a glass of water.

"Here, drink it." Taemin encouraged him.

Nikolai took it without comment.

"A lot of things happened at the same time." began Taemin "Fate discovered he has a soulmate, the fact that you are considered a legend.. and Key..where I'm going to install this one."

"No need to think about it, he will not come with us." said Nikolai.

"But you heard the sovereign .."

"Look like he's trying to force me into this" he grunted looking at the floor "I don't feel really well."

"In any case you are not the only one to be in thisstate, Fate has to be pretty shocked too."

Searching around them, they saw Fate backed against a wall trying to seduce an Ignis stoic "And then this summer when all this will be behind us, you and I could go somewhere.."

"FATE."

"What ?" Asked Fate annoyed turning to Nikolai.

"Come here, Ignis too." Nikolai ordered trying to keep his cool. When Fate came Nikolai gave him a stern look.

"Your soul mate is there, somewhere, refusing to get show himself. And you, you're flirting with my book ? How many times should I tell you that Ignis has no mind !"

"And why doesn't that famous soulmate come to see me, maybe he already has someone !"

"I admit I did not think about it." Taemin mumbled. When he saw one of the guests with horns passing near him, he pressed himself against Kai. The latter put an arm around his shoulders to bring him closer.

All of a sudden, Taemin went embarrassed.
"Uh .." at that moment his stomach gurgled loudly making him blush.

Kai broke away and left without a word.

..?

Nikolai and Fate continued their discussion ignoring them. "Maybe he saw you with Ignis and decided to hide himself, who knows if he's still in the room,find him or  we're going to lose our opportunity to talk about those missing pages in your diary !"

"All right, I'm going ..!" Suddenly he leaned over to Nikolai "I forgot to ask you, did you see Ignis get dressed? Well, I mean .. did he put on the string?"

Nikolai shot him a black look.

"Ok, I understand, I'm goingto look for my soulmate!" growled Fate leaving.

Taemin watched him go "Can'tyou try to cast a spell to find the soul mate like you did for me in the gay club?"

"To seek him i have to know who it is." Nikolai answered. "But surely Ignis can do it, Ignis go find Sungjong's soulmate."

Ignis did not move.

Nikolai repeated "Ignis go look for his soulmate!"

Still no reaction.

"Maybe he can't." Taemin asked.

"He did things a lot more incredible than that in the past believe me, Ignis by the powers that are conferred on me I order you to find his soulmate!"

Ignis turned away and left in the crowd.

"Do you think he'll find it?" Taemin asked.

"Time will tell, there is definitely nothing going well tonight, and Fate doesn't look so happy to have a soul mate."

"It must be weird to be old like the world and suddenly know we have someone destined for us."

Nikolai sighed, "We should search with him, I'll take a look at the garden behind the castle."

Taemin nodded, "Fine ..." he froze when Kai came back with plate full of cakes stretched out toward him.

Taemin looked at the tray, Kai, then Nikolai as if to ask what was going on.

Nikolai lifted his hands to heaven as he went to the garden "I don't know what's wrong with him, I'm not a canine educator!"

ᚪᛤᛄᛩᛊ

In one corner of the room, the Seer went to see a man hidden by the darkness and bowed.

"Our Lord was surprised to see you tonight, especially since Fate still has not met you ... at least as he should. My ruler wanted to keep your identity secret, so this evening he gives you a choice: to announce your link to Fate or to continue playing this role of book without conscience. "

"Especially since you are not one !" say a man joining them, his face half covered by a scarf.

Ignis glanced at him.

"Sovereign !" exclaimed the Seer "I said I was going to talk to him why are you here, if the others see you talking to Ignis .."

The ruler pointed to his scarf "I'm wearing a disguise, I'm not an idiot."

"And your clothes ?"

Silence.

"It's been a while since I ask myself the question Seer but are you really blind?" asked the sovereign, narrowing his eyes.

"Did you make your choice Ignis?" asked the Seer ignoring the ruler "Soon you will be forced to reveal your true identity to the surnatural world, and a lot of people around you could feel betrayed."

Ignis remained head down, jaw clenched.

"Think well." said the Seer before moving away to the garden.

"Are you leaving like this?" the sovereign was indignant. He turned to Ignis "By the way, I tell you even if it's classified top secret because you're from his family, but he's back."

Ignis looked at him, demonstrating surprise for once.

"You look a lot like him with this hair and tattoos, why do you not wear your own ?"

The Sovereign touched Ignis's arm and the man changed abruptly. His hair , eyes and tattoos turned scarlet red covering every inch of her skin to the nape of his neck.

"You are much more beautiful like that." chuckled the sovereign before leaving him alone.

Ignis realized that his glass of champagne was shaking in his hand and tried to keep calm. Everything was fine, very fine.

He will protect Nikolai and his child by playing a weak creature. He will kill Zitao and the Shaman. Then finally..

Finally he will be able to face Fate as is soulmate

What he did not expect at that moment was that he met Sungjong's gaze among the crowd.