Chapter 16

Haunted Fate

The room was clouded. Litterally.

Taemin was coughing while thinking about what could have happened for them to be all in the ground and the room reversed like a earthquake passed by.

Minutes ago, when Jaeshin was ready for the spell to be human, Nikolai suddently explained to Taemin that he wasn't going to do the ritual, but Taemin himself.

Of course having no controls over his powers because they were asleep for 2 century was a good explanation, but Taemin couldn't shake off the feelings that Nikolai was actually curious about Taemin's abilities and found out a good way of trying them.

Taemin just had to say απόδοση and let Nikolai help him channel his magic.

That's when it happened.

It was not even an explosion because there was no sound. Nikolai and him just went projeted backward. Luckily he landed on the laundry basket but Nikolai ?

He coughed some more before looking around him "Nikolai ?" God he was suddently feeling so tired.
He could hear a hysterique laugh but it wasn't his ancestor. It was Jaeshin.

He went up and tried to see through the haze "Nikolai answer me !"
"Here." he heard a voice said before coughing his lungs.

Taemin realised he was under the bookshelf.

He immediatly rushed ahead to help him "Oh my God Nikolai !" he lifted the furniture enough to get Nikolai free from beneath.

He inspected him for serious injury, but all he could see was dust "How are you feelings ?"
"Huh." Was all Nikolai replied while being still on his back looking at the ceiling. "I think i hit my head pretty badly."
Taemin had difficulty to take a breath and asked hesitantly "Badly..badly ?"

"Yeah." he looked at Taemin and whispered "I see Fates smiling at me from the ceiling."
A shiver ran down Taemin "Ok..ok. Should.." after a moment he nodded to himself like he decided something "We are going to the hospital. Let me take my keys and.."

Nikolai stopped him from getting up by grabbing his right arm.
"We have the wolves here remember ? what are we going to tell ? that we summoned a ghost, and it's because of that that i'm bleeding ?"

God he was bleeding " I don't care about it, if it's bad i take you to the hospital !"
"Im Nikola Deucius.."

Taemin sat again rolling his eyes "Yeah i know you are going to say that it takes more than a contusion to kill you."
"Yeah."

Silence.

"Taemin. My right hand is still under that bookshelf."

Taemin still out of breath his lips while looking at the hand in question "Right. I..the problem is that..i don't have strength. I'm on the verge au sleeping here on the floor."

Nikolai nodded looking at nothing "I know. Magic take a lot of energy, i'm still impressed at how we did things okay."
"Okay ?" he pointed the circle of candles turned into dark traces "you call this okay ?!"

"Don't.." Nikolai stopped what he was going to say and looked at Jaeshin "is he alright ?"
Taemin looked over his shoulder at Jaeshin still laughing madly.

"You're sure you said the magic word right...right ?"
Taemin after hearing the question looked at Nikolai stunned "How should i know, you are the sorcerer ! i would have said socks in your language that i wouldn't understand !"

Nikolai just sighed then called Jaeshin "Hey."

Jaeshin looked at him still smiling. Taemin and Nikolai gulped.
"Look i'm human ! can't you understand what it means ?" when they didnt respond he exclaimed "It mean i can meet my mate !"

Then he opened the door and rushed toward the stairs.
Nikolai and Taemin looked at the door still in a weird trance.

Nikolai who had raised his head to see Jaeshin go let it fall whining "I don't want to go." he sighed " i'm tired hell i stay here."

Taemin just answered with "Me too."

Not even 10 seconds passed before Taemin said again "Oh hell, that smile was scary." in the silence of the room.

Then without warning Nikolai with a surprising strengh got up sending books flying " that idiot is going to meet the wolf !"

After a moment Taemin got up also, a little swaying on his feet and prepared himself for the worst.  ++

Taemin went down the stairs, being careful of not falling. His legs were like cotton, at the verge of bending. He was in a worste state that he was when he had settled here days ago. He couldn't wait for the day to end and go to sleep. Even if it was morning right now.

He found Nikolai still at the end of the stairs.

"What is it ?" he asked perplexed at why he didn't join the others.

Nikolai turned toward him with a sardonic smile. Taemin tilted his head even more confused.
"Look in front of you."

Taemindid and bit his lips at the scene.

Jaeshin was in the living room his hand raised like to show he wasn't a danger, while Ben -the wolf- was growling.
"H...hey." said Jaeshin hesitantly going slowly backward. 

Apparently he didnt think his mate would react like that at their first meeting.

"Why is he growling at Jaeshin ? shouldn't he be happy ?" Whispered Taemin. Seeing Nikolai's shoulders shaking from laughter he asked "What ?"

"He came running toward the living room hands raised toward the wolf, litterally a madman. Of course the wolf is scared, i'm pretty sure he didn't even recognize Jaeshin as his mate already. The others wolves at just perplexed."

"Aoutch." Poor Jaeshin.
"Yeah." Nikolai's voice was wavering like he couldn't stop his smile.

"What again ?"
Nikolai didn't answer just pointed Jaeshin "Look what he's wearing."

Taemin did and felt his eyes going huge.

Jaeshin was wearing breeches, a long jacket, and a white shirt.
The blue jacket was very fitted at the top, and at the bottom, was flared out of the body. The sleeves were adjusted and decorated with stripes. He had under the breeches tight just above the knees, silk stockings. 

He was dressed like Louis XIV era.

Taemin choked on his saliva making Nikolai lean his head back howling in laughter. He quickly recovered covering his mouth, but the Alpha noticed them near the stairs snickering.

Kai thought theses two looked like siblings and...a little scary but he didn't say it out loud and instead arched an eyebrow "Would you please come here and..introduce us ?"
Nikolai and Taemin went head bend, not hurrying.

"We should have prepared some clothes." whispered Taemin.
"Yeah still, this is so funny." Nikolai still had a little laughter in the voice.
"Right. But still, he's not dressed as worst as we meet in the garden for the first time." 

Nikolai turned toward him "What do you mean ?"

Taemin gulped and tried to say the most diplomatic tone possible " You were wearing a dress."

Silence.

"How in the hell, it was a toge !"
Taemin shrugged looking away "..It was still a dress."

Then surprising everyone Nikolai blushed.

"Thoses Fairies dressed me, i had no choice !"

"Guys."
Nikolai and Taemin turned toward Jaeshin who looked like a deer in front of car headlights.
"Come here please."  ++

The silence in the house was heavy.

They were all seating in the living room with Coffee and Cookies, not knowing were to begin. The only one who didn't mind the awkward situation was Nikolai blowing his nose because of his allergy to wolves and the Sheriff eating the biscuits.

When he meet Taemin's gaze, the Sheriff smiled broadly still munching. "They are delicious."

Taemin put a smile on his face "The neighbor did them this morning."

He meet accidentaly Kai questioning gaze and gulped. He looked sideways at Jaeshin -who was seated between him and Nikolai- trying to tame his long blond hair under the wolf Ben's gaze and took a breath.

"Hrem." Taemin looked at everyone smiling, even at Ben "This is..my nephew. Jaeshin Murakami. He came here last night."

"Hello." Jaeshin squeaked still looking at Ben. Ben growled briefly.

"Last night ?" asked Kai.

Taemin smiled trying to not show how much he though the Alpha was hot "That's right."

"While you were at the club ?"

Silence.

Nikolai stopped blowing his nose and exchanged a glance with Taemin. Taemin put a hand behind his neck embarrassed "Aah...that's right.."

"We went there to celebrate his coming." Nikolai intervened innocently "I suppose someone had seen us yesterday ?"

"No. you were caught on video's footage."

Nikolai turned to Taemin with such a questionning gaze that Taemin had to bite the inside of his cheeks to no laugh. He didn't know what was a video's footage.

"I explain later." he just said before turning to Kai "I suppose that you all didn't came here to talk about our visit to the club right ?"

"In fact yes. I wanted to talk about the fact that a succumbus chased you two, that your.. friend went inside a wall" Nikolai beside Taemin stilled "..and that you've been cornered by a Fae, but that can wait." he pointed the wolf "This is Ben one my Beta. Hours ago he had..an encounter with someone. A man, actually the same that saved you from the succumbus, a tall blond remember ?"

Taemin probed his memory and yeah, he remembered the handsome man who saved his life, but because he couldn't see colors and so couldn't know if he was blond, he just nodded.

"So," continued Kai "Ben and him crossed each other in the city and things didn't go well. In the end Ben was lucky because even if he was far way more strong than my Beta, he let him live and simply cursed him to be a wolf for two month."

Taemin gasped.

"Wait what ?" asked Nikolai as lost.

"Great."

They all looked at Jaeshin who pouted arms crossed. "Marvelous. Absolutely wonderful."

There was a moment of Silence where everyone and even the wolf looked at each other.

Nikolai sighed "So what ? you want us to give him his human appearance ?"

Kai just nodded, eyes pleading "Please. You are the only sorcerer that we know."

"And that would accept to help." added one of the Betas who Taemin recognized as Liam, one of the wolves who was at the museum the other night.

"Why should i help ?" Nikolai crossed his arms "You were nothing but hostile to us, like we are the plague, just what do we have in exchange for helping you huh ?"

"Because if you don't, i strangle you ?" proposed Jaeshin. Of course Nikolai ignored him.

Kai tilted his head, making his bang hide his eyes "And what do you want."

Taemin refrained himself to answer You.

Seriously what was wrong with him ?

Nikolai looked at the ceiling thoughtful "Hm let's see..a box full of chocolates ? no wait a big cake..no no wait i know a fountain of chocolate ! i've seen some in that thing called a comp.."

"Nikolai can't help you." sighed Taemin.

They all looked at him.

"Why not ?" Asked Simon another Beta.

"Because Nikolai's magic is.."

The look Nikolai gave him made him pause "Erm.. i mean his magic is..sleeping for the moment."

"Asleep ?"

"Yeah he..let's say he let it rest because thanks to that they will be more strong once they return, you know like vacation !"

"If you dont want to help just say so, we will leave." Said the Alpha, his jaw tight.

Taemin bit his lips and saw Kai look at them. Oh God he suddently feel like it was suffocating here.

Nikolai say "I really can't help. My magic is unsteady right now, i.can't.help. At least not until a fews days."

Jaeshin sputtered "B..but..." he looked at Taemin with hope, gripping his left arm "You have magic too, you can help ! please !"

They all looked expectantly at Taemin.

"...Did you at least see his state ? did you see the dark circles aroung his eyes !?" answered Nikolai "No, he can't help he already did too much today."

"Then tomorrow ?" asked Kai, when Taemin looked at him he said again "please."

Taemin gulped. What wouldn't he do for that please "Its not like i don't want to help it's just.. magic it's new for me, what if i make things worst ?"

"Yeah" agreed Nikolai smirking, then he extended his arms toward Ben and moved his fingers comically  "can you imagine trying to make him human and instead do bulubulubulub.." Ben right pawn sparkled "AAH !" Nikolai recoiled agaisn't Jaeshin in fear, his eyes still looking on the wolf who yipped. All the persons in the living room went backward instantly.

"What did you do to him !" roared Jaeshin shaking Nikolai with both arms.

"Nothing absolutely nothing !" he said still being shaken "I just moved my fingers and though..oh." he smiled and looked at the wolf pawn. "Isn't it cute ?"

Everyone and the wolf looked at the bracelet with pearls dangling. Ben growled and and shook his paw frantically.

"Let me help you." said Jaeshin going slowly toward him. Liam and Simon beside them laughed madly. If Taemin didn't knew they were wolves he would have though they were Hyenas Shifters hearing the way they laugh.

Ben growled at them but that only made it worse. Jaeshin recoiled but Ben followed him and handed him his paw to take off the bracelet. The Alpha looked at them and just sighed before picking up his cell phone when it rang "Allo ?"

All was definitely going crazy. Taemin turned toward Nikolai  who was weirdly silent and face completely white looking at the wolf's paw.

"Oh why did i think of this bracelet ?" he looked at Taemin still open-mouthed "God, did i take the bracelet from him and he know somehow ? was he wearing it and saw it disappear ? Holy i'm done for." he passed a hand on his face and looked at the ceiling "Completely done for."