Special 2: The Proposal

Melting
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It has been about a year and a half since Mina and Chaeyoung graduated university. Since then, Mina and Chaeyoung have found themselves jobs. Mina has since found her job has since made a name for herself as a famous ballet dancer, famous for her amazing visuals and even more amazing dance skills, dancing at some of the most prestigious arts events. As expected from the person who graduated first in class at the top arts university in Korea. She was also a dance instructor along with Momo and Sana, they teach at the same academy that Jihyo and Suzy work at. Chaeyoung has become a famous artist that has had her paintings displayed at some of the worlds most famous museums and art events as well, though it was pretty easy seeing as she is the daughter of Korea's richest couple. 

The 2 of them have also always had to perform and had their art displayed at the same events. Thus, the 2 have always been seen together at events and have been named the "Artistic Power Couple" by multiple magazines and news outlets. They've even gone viral online when a picture of Mina pinning Chaeyoung to the wall at one of these events was posted online.

Over the past year, Mina has since made more than enough money for her big proposal plan. Being the newest and hottest dancer in the industry, Mina has since become a millionaire and as such, her plan to propose to Chaeyoung has shifted from propising to her by the cliff to something much bigger. But she would need to get some help from Mr and Mrs. Son.

"So, what do need Mina?" Mrs. Son ask

"Well Mrs. Son... I mean Mom and Dad... I want to propose to Chaeyoung soon and I need you to help me out" Mina said

"Well, what is it?" Mr. Son asked

"Well, I want to build a house at a cliff that is very special to Chaeyoung and I. I want to propose after the house is completed and I have more than enough money to buy the cliff, but I won't have enough for the construction of the house." Mina asked

"Of course. How much is the house?" Mrs. Son asked

"I'm not sure, but it should be around 2.5 million dollars to build" Mina said

"Oh, that's absolutely no issue at all" Mr. Son exclaimed

It always amazes Mina how rich the sons are. Mr. and Mrs. Son were already billionaires individually, and their combined worths were almost in the trillions. 2.5 million dollars was almost nothing for them. 

"Thank you so much Mom and Dad!!" Mina smiled, giving her in-laws a big hug.

"Aww come on Mina, there's no need to say thank you when it comes to family" Mrs. Son said

'Is this what it's like having a loving family?' Mina thought to herself

Mina left soon after and went back home to her wife. Though they were both millionaires now, they were still living in their humble home in that end of their neighbourhood. Though they were famous, they kept their personal lives very private. The only thing that was known about them were their ages, their alma matar and that they were dating. Anything else were kept private. 

When Mina came home, Chaeyoung was not. Chaeyoung was probably about to finish up work and come home soon. Usually Mina would be the one to be home later, but now that she's home first, Mina decided to take a shower and then decided to cook for Chaeyoung. Mina hasn't cooked in a while so she was a little rusty, but she wanted to do it as a sort of celebration to herself about her successful plan to propose to the girl of her dreams.

Mina was silently smiling to herself, lost in her thoughts until she was brought back to reality when she felt a familiar pair of arms wrap around her and a chin resting on her shoulder. Mina smiled to herself but remained silent.

"Hi unnie~" Chaeyoung sing-songed

"We've been dating for 5 years Chaeng, and you still call me unnie?" Mina huffed, pretending to be mad

"Come on~ You know I find it weird to call you by your name. Besides, you know I mean in it in a loving way" Chaeyoung whined. Though Mina couldn't see it, she knew Chaeyoung was pouting

Mina took this opportunity to give Chaeyoung a quick peck on the lips, causing the young girl to blush madly and sqeal, covering her face with her pigtails.

"We've been together for this long and you still act like you did when we first started dating" Mina said, rolling her eyes playfully

Chaeyoung just let out a fake "hmph" before heading upstairs to shower. Mina then let out a contented sigh as she heard Chaeyoung stomp upstairs in fake anger. Despite all the wealth and fame that her dance career had brought her, it was the little things like this that brought her the most joy, even if she has to apologise to Chaeyoung later.

Minutes later, Chaeyoung came back down with Kimchi in her arms. Though Kimchi was now a big cat, Chaeyoung still loved cuddling it. Another few minutes past and Mina had finished cooking. The 3 of them had their dinner, Mina's signature Kimchi fried rice. Chaeyoung whined in satisfaction upon tasting Mina's cooking for the first time in a while.

"Chaeyoungie, do you have a design for what you want the house to look like when we live on the cliff?" Mina asked

Chaeyoung's eyes imediately started sparkling and she ran upstairs, tripping halfway as she ran up the stair. She came down seconds later with a pink notebook that read 'My Dreams', decorated with stickers of unicorns and rainbows and stars. She flipped through the notebook and landed on a page. Chaeyoung showed Mina the page.

The page was just a drawing of a bedroom. The bedroom consisted of a double sized bed and 2 bedside tables, with a TV mounted on the wall infront of it. A box looking bed for Kimchi in a corner.

"So... you just want out house to be that?" Mina teased

"Obviously not, but that's just the bedroom. There are like 5 other pages of other rooms that I want. Here, have a look" Chaeyoung said, handing Mina the notebook

True to Chaeyoung's word, there were 5 pages full of rooms that Chaeyoung had fully designed the layout of. The rooms included the first floor which included the living room, the kitchen, the dining room and the bathroom. There was also a second floor which had their individual workrooms, a video game room, and a bathroom. It turns out that their bedrrom would be part of the third floor, the other part being an outdoor area which had a small garden area. Though it was just a basic layout which was just boxes with words written in them as an idication, Mina already knew what Chaeyoung wanted, and it was what they wanted too.

"Wow, this would be my dream house too" Mina said, genuinely amazed by her girlfriend

"I KNOW RIGHT!! Anyway, why'd you ask? You wanna build the house already?" Chaeyoung asked hopefully and wih excitement

"No, just asking" Mina said, going back to her food, smiling on the inside knowing that Chaeyoung is too naive to doubt her.

"Oh... okay" Chaeyoung pouted, genuine disappointment on her face

"Awww, don't pout. Since we're free tomorrow night, you wanna go to the cliff? We haven't been there in a while" Mina suggested, wanting to cheer her girlfriend up, knowing that it might be the last time they would go to the cliff for a good while.

"O​​​​kay" Chaeyoung said, shooting up in excitement

They soon finished their dinner and went to sleep.​ Chaeyoung went to sleep that night with a small pout on her face. Mina knew it was because Chaeyoung was disappointed and it made her feel guilty about it. But she also knew Chaeyoung would get over it soon enough. Mina wanted to take the notebook and copy it onto another piece of paper, but she knew that Chaeyoung would wake up when she didn't feel Mina's arms around her. Mina just sighed and went to sleep too.

The next morning, the 2 woke up to go for work. They brushed their teeth, showered, had breakfas, filled Kimchi's food bowls and left for work. They were lucky they had Woohyun as their personal driver now. Though they definitely had money for a car, none of them had a driver's license and it would be a nightmare travelling on public transport.

Chaeyoung went through work pretty boredly. She finished up a painting that would be on display at an even in another months time, but did nothing after. She didn't really have any inspiration that day and she just lazed around her work studio. Mina was busy practicing her new dance routine for the same event Chaeyoung's painting would be displayed at.

Chaeyoung decided to leave work early and visit Mina. By th time Chaeyoung reached, Mina was also done. Mina was sitting down on a chair watching a recording of herself for areas of improvement. Chaeyoung snuck up behind Mina and covered her eyes with her hands.

"Guess who?" Chaeyoung asked excitedly

"Is it the girl of my dreams?" Mina replied back with a gummy smile

"Correct!" Chaeyoung said lifting her hands away

"Oh. It's just my girlfriend, nevermind" Mina sighed in fake disappointment when she saw Chaeyoung

"YAH!! UNNIE YOU'RE SO MEAN!!~" Chaeyoung whined, stomping her foot

"I'm just kidding Chaengie." Mina laughed

"Anyway, you ready to go?" Mina asked, holding her hand out

"Yeah, let's go" Chaeyoung smiled, taking Mina's hand

Once in the car, Mina instructed Woohyun to go straight to the cliff.

"Aren't we going to have dinner?" Chaeyoung asked

"We're having it there" Mina said, looking at her phone

Usually Mina would never be on her phone when she was talking with Chaeyoung. Chaeyoung was pretty weirded out by this, but Mina was a busy woman and she decided to shrug it off. In reality, Mina was sealing the deal on buying the cliff. Mina immediately transferred the money and just like that, the cliff was now owned by Myoui Sharon Mina.

Once at the cliff, Mina and Chaeyoung had dinner there. Mina had asked her friends to help her. Jeongyeon was responsible for cooking the food while Sana, Momo, Nayeon, Jihyo, Dahyun, and Tzuyu had set it up. Why did Mina ask so many people to set it up? Because she was doing something extra special. Mina had asked for a large blanket that had that had a fort in the shape of a house built over it. The fort and the blanket had fairy lights hanged on it. Once at the cliff, she recieved a text from Sana.

From Sana:
You owe us, so much for this. IT WAS SO HARD SETTING THIS UP FOR YOU

To Sana:
Thank you so much Sana-chan. Whatever you want, I'll get it

From Sana:
Propose to Chaeng soon and that'll be enough. I had a bet with Momo that you'll propose before Nayeon and Jeongyeon. Prove me right please~"

To Sana:
I thought you just wanted me to get married, but you just want to win a bet. What a snake🙄

From Sana:
😬😘

As they got into the fort, Chaeyoung was looking around, eyes sparkling in wonder, the reflectio of the fairy lights in her eyes made her look so picturesque. Mina secretly sapped a pictur

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter