Chaeyoung's Aftermath

Melting
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N:
SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT AT THE END OF THE CHAPTER!!!! Also HAPPY NATIONAL DAY to those of you who are Singaporeans like me :)

Chaeyoung just stood there by the cliff, drenched in the rain and in her own tears, she was crying her eyes out, her face red, her eyes and nose swollen, hurt, her face sore. But only her heart hurt the most. Chaeyoung was just standing there, not knowing why Mina did that. Why didn't Mina love her anymore? She was blaming herself. Chaeyoung was sure today woul bd one of he best days of her life, and it was, but it had just become the worst with a few simple words.

"I can't do this anymore"

"We need to break up" 

"Chaeyoung let go"

Those words kept playing in Chaeyoung's head on repeat. She covered her ears, but those words could still be heard loud and clear, no matter how loud the rain was, how loud she cried, or how hard she covered her ears. She couldn't take it anymore, so she ran. Chaeyoung's crying had already made it hard for her to breath, her emotional state had already made her weak, but she didn't care, she just ran. Eventually she ran and made it back to the city, and she slowed down and started walking.

The streets of Seoul were empty, with only 1 or 2 people passing by. She cried while continuing to walk, neither the rain nor her tears seem to get weaker, in fact, her cries only seemed to get louder. Passer bys would walk pass and give her sympathetic looks, wondering why a ittle girl was crying alone in the streets, but none of them would stop to help her. Chaeyoung eventually collapsed from an asthma attack, the running and crying taking a toll on her. Chaeyoung stopped crying and fumbled with her inhaler before pressing the button and breathing in the medication. 

After inhaling, Chaeyoung started crying again, harder and louder than before, her cried could be heard from far and wide. Whatever pedastrians that passed by still did not help her, even if she was on her knees crying. Suddenly, the rain stopped hitting her, with only her tears hitting the ground, but her tears hit the ground just as hard. Chaeyoung was so caught up in her own emotions that she didn't even know that the rain stopped hitting her.

"Chaeyoung"

Chaeyoung looked up at the familiar voice. Her brown, doe like eyes were met by 5 pairs of sad, sympathetic eyes. There stood Nayeon, Jeongyeon, Jihyo, Dahyun, and Tzuyu staring down at her sadly. Jihyo knelt down to Chaeyoung's level and placed a hand on the girl's shoulder. Chaeyoung immediately tackled Jihyo into a hug, causing the older to drop her umbrella. The other 4 girls surrounded them, covering them from the rain. All of them remained silent as they watched their friend cry her eyes out.

"W-w-why do-does-doesn't she lo-love me a-anymore!!~" Chaeyoung cried into Jihyo's shoulder, her voice hoarse from all the wailing

Jihyo just knelt there, rubbing the girl's back with one hand and her hair with the other. Jihyo kept silent, not knowing what to say or what to do to help her cousin. They remained there until Chaeyoung fell asleep from exhaustion in Jihyo's arms. 

When Chaeyoung woke up, it was late int the afternoon, and she was in Jihyo's home. She kept her eyes closed, hoping whatever happens was a dream, that it was some nightmare and tha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter