The Breakup

Melting
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N:
May God Jihyo bless our MiChaeng hearts to give us the strength to get through this chapter and the oncoming angst in this story, Amen.

Today was the day, today was the day Mina was going to take Chaeyoung on a date for the first time in a while, and also the last. She had been dreading this day and has been building up the courage and her emotional strength to tell her baby that they couldn't be together anymore. She had been spending all her time with Chaeyoung for the past week, trying to get as much time with the cub as possible and take in as much of the cub she could before she sees can't anymore. Mina had been showering Chaeyoung with all her affection for the past week, wanting to make their last days together as happy as possible. 

Chaeyoung woke up today in Mina's arms as usual. She turned around and saw Mina smiling back at her, but her smile seemed sad for some reason, but it didn't matter, she knew they would be okay no matter what as long they have each other. Today was a very special day for Chaeyoung, not only was it their first date in a while, this date also signaled the first year anniversary Chaeyoung's move into this neighbour hood. She suddenly felt all giddy in her stomach and she started giggling to herself, Chaeyoung was happy, and she knew she would be if Mina would be by her side.

"Good Morning unnie" Chaeyung beamed at her

"Morning Chaengie" Mina smiled back, placing a kiss on Chaeyoung's cheek, earning a small giggle from the cub

Mina upwrapped her arms to get out of bed but was pulled back down by Chaeyoung as usual

"5 more minutes okay?" Chaeyoung said, wanting to enjoy their warmth for just a bit longer, and Mina nodded

After 5 minutes of cuddling, they got out of be and got ready for the day. After showering and brushing their teeth, Mina went downstairs to cook breakfast first while Chaeyoung got ready. While placing the food on the table, Kimchi came up to Mina and snuggled her feet, Mina picked the kitten and snuggled it to her face, knowing that the kitten will be with Chaeyoung when they break up.

"Take care of Chaeyoungie okay?" Mina said, scratching the kittens chin

Chaeyoung then came down and ate breakfast, talking throughout about what they were going to do that day, Mina just kept quiet and smiled at her girlfriend, admiring the cub's cute, high-pitched voice for the last day. Chaeyoung didn't notice Mina's silence, Mina had always been quiet and didn't talk in the morning. After breakfast, Mina did the dishes and they went upstairs to change. Mina wore a white T-shirt with a plain black slip dress and black spris shows. Chaeyoung wore a white t-shirt with baby blue collar and sleeve accents, a matching baby blue slip dress with white accents and a chest pocket, and baby blue spris shoes. Mina thought Chaeyoung looked absolutely adorable, especially with girl sporting her signature pigtails. Mina remembered one of the reasons why she fell in love in the first place seeing how Chaeyoung looked that day.

They headed out and decided to cycle by the hand river. The weather that day was sunny but cold, the ideal weather to cycle. While cycling, the pair was were holding hands, though they did receive some odd glances from people they didn't care and continued till they made one round. By the end of it, it was already 2pm, they then decided to go to the mall. 

They walked around and shopped. Mina was walking hand in hand with Chaeyoung, smiling to herself as Chaeyoung was eating a doughnut, the cub's cheeks puffed out making her look more squishy than usual. Another reason she fell in love. Chaeyoung suddenly squealed and started talking incoerent sentences, pointing at a store while bouncing up and down.

"ermergerhd ummie rook at dat" Chaeyoung said, still full

"Chaeng, swallow first, I can't understand you" Mina said, chuckling

"Oh, sowwy..... Oh my god unnie look at that" Chaeyoung said, pointing to a store

Before Mina could see what the store was, she was dragged by the hand into the store. The store was a store filled with art supplies and Chaeyoung started to look and touch everything. Mina just watched as Chaeyoung looked through all the art supplies she could get, she watched in awe as her cub's eyes glistened with innocence and passion as she looked at all the brushes and canvases. Yet another reason why she fell in love. Chaeyoung took a sketchpad, bought it and went back out

"What'd you buy?" Mina asked

Chaeyoung just smiled a dimpled smile and pulled out a sketchpad with a tiger and a penguin as the cover. Mina then went over to the arcade and played with Chaeyoung, Mina beat Chaeyoung every game, causing Chaeyoung to puff out her cheeks and pout, 'god why are you so cute' Mina thought to herslelf, she then purposefully lose just to see Chaeyoung smile and laugh at Mina, oh how Mina's going to miss that. Mina then went to the bathroom, when she cam back she saw Chaeyoung, hands against a claw machine, eyes wide and moth agape staring into the may prizes inside. Mina placed a coin into it, snapping Chaeyoung out of her trance, Chaeyoung managed to get a small, blue box with a white ribbon from the claw machine on the first try. Chaeyoung peeked inside and started giggling to herself.

"What's inside

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter