Somi

Melting
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Hey Chaeng, I'm back again" Somi said, walking into Chaeyoung's room

"So... uhm, Chaeng, I never really told you about myself when you were awake, and since the chances of you waking up get less and less everyday, and you might never wake up at all, I guess I might as well tell you this now...."

Ennika Somi Douma, or as she prefers, Jeon Somi was born on the 9th of March 2001, much to the dismay to her parents. Somi, though nobody knows except herself, was an sccident. Her parents were still young at the time of her birth and still had plans before they decided to have children. But the birth of Somi threw a wrench into their plans. Somi was supposed aborted, but abortion was illegal in Korean, and by the time they would be able to move to Canada, it would be too late to get rid of her, so Somi's parents had no choice but to have her.

After Somi was born, her parents neglected her, only providing her the bare necessities like food, water, and a home, but that was all. Somi's parents weren't poor or anything, in fact, they were pretty well off, but Somi lived the life of the poor because her parents didn't provide much. While her parents sleep on their king sized bed, Somi slept on the couch, her parents would eat out at fancy restaurants while she would get ready to eat meals. Her parents didn't even bother to give her proper clothes or school supplies, she would get donation items from the salvation army, nearly everything she owned were from the salvation army or found somewhere on the ground. If sh got anything good or new, her parents would either throw it away, or keep it for themselves.

This neglect and lack of nice things caused Somi to be ostracised from school, nobody really wanted to talk to her since she didn't have things others had, and children ebng children, they didn't want to hang out with the 'girl without nice things'. Somi was really alone in the world, her parents hate her, her schoolmates hated her, and her teachers didn't care.

Due to the neglect she received from her parents, she constantly strived to improve herself to seek her parents approval. This lead to Somi studying hard and getting the best grades in her whole school and developing many talents, such as singing, dancing, rapping, drawing, and even taekwondo. Despite her grades and alents, her parents never paid much attention to her, always giving her emotionless smiles and uncaring encouragements.

Everything got worst when Somi had another sibling, Evelyn. Evelyn, somehow, was doted on and loved by her parents. Nobody knew why, but it was obvious that Evelyn was the more loved one out of the 2. Evelyn would constantly receive new things and genuine praises from her parents. This lead to Somi growing a sort of jealous hatred towards her younger sister. Though Evelyn loved her sister, she never stood up for Somi and just accepted the fact that her parents were neglectful of her older sister, because of this, Somi harboured a small amount of hate for her sister for knowing her situation but doing nothing about it, though she still cared for her sister because she was the only one in her family that showed her any form of love.

The only good thing that Somi had in her

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter