Reflect

Melting
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: This chapter contains content from the rewritten first 7 chapters, so for those of you who have not re-read the first 7 chapters, please do. Specifically chapter 3,6, and 7. If you don't want to re-read, just know that Chaeyoung breaking into Mina's house is replaced with them waiting outside a video game store, and the picnic by the cliff is replaced with a mall date that lead to the cliff.

Mina was now in the bus, wearing the her outfit she wore the day Chaeyoung confessed to her. The long oversized red sweater with orange strips and a small penguin button on the left side that ended on at her thighs and a matching pair of red shoes. Mina wanted to wear it to see Chaeyoung off since Chaeyoung said she like that outfit on her the most.

On the empty bus, Mina was starting to reflect on the times Mina had with Chaeyoung, and she started to smile to herself. She remembered how excited Chaeyoung looked bouncing up and down, hugging Fluffy as she saw her new house. Something about that made Mina drawn to her. That night, Mina remembered how she shouted at Chaeyoung for spamming her doorbell and how scared but cute Chaeyoung looked in that tiger onesie.

"U-uhm, h-hi, I-i'm Son Ch-Chaeyoung, I'm your new ne-neighbour"

She remembered how she thought Chaeyoung was really 12. It was adorable in hindsight how adorable she looked and how mean she wash, it made Mina lightly giggle. Mina also remembered how she made Mina Chaeyoung cry by rejecting her cupcakes and how she complained to Momo and Sana about her that night and how she wanted to talk to her parents.

She remembered the next day when she got Dahyun and Tzuyu to knock on her door in the early morning and interrupting her sleep, just to give her a giant penguin plush. She shouted at her that morning and it scared the young girl. 

"WHAT!! I'M SLEEPING"

"Oh... sorry unnie, I uh... here"

She remembered making Chaeyoung cry again that day and visiting her house to talk to her parents, only to find out that she's 18 and lives alone. She seemed like too spoiled to live alone.

"What a brat"

Suddenly, feelings the night they spent outside the video game store had resurfaced. Mina remembered how she couldn't pronounce Chaeyoung right and would say 'Jjaeyoung' instead. She remembered how the smile Chaeyoung had when she found out she was Japanese made her feel giddy. S

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter