Fault

Melting
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"I-IT'S CHAEYOUNG, SH-SHE'S IN THE HOSPITAL!!" 

In that moment, Mina stopped breathing, she couldn't. Why was she in the hopital? Was it what Mina said to her last night? Mina couldn't think properly, her mind was all over the place, the only thing on her mind was Chaeyoung. Mina spaced out and dropped her phone, the sound it created snapping Mina out of her trance. She picked up her phone again to see if Jihyo was still on the other line.

"Hello? Mina? You still there?" Jihyo said, now sobbing

"Huh? oh yes, I-I'll be right over" Mina said

Mina hung up the phone and immediately ran out of her house. She looked around but it was still early in the morning, and there were no vehicles around, no cars, no taxis, no buses. Mina grew increasingly frustrated and decided that she'll go to the hospital by foot. So she ran, though the hospital was 2 kilometres away, she didn't care, she needed to see Chaeyoung and nothing would stop her. As she ran she would receive questioning looks from pedestrians, curious as to why a woman was franticaly running through the streets, but she didn't care.

By the time she reached the hospital, she was a sweaty, heaving mess. She couldn't breath, her legs felt like they were falling off, and her lungs felt like they were on fire. She walked up to the counter and asked where Chaeyoung was warded.

"Excuse me, where is Son Chaeyoung?" Mina asked, her tone dead

"She's in room 312"

Mina left quickly without another word. As she kept on walking, she felt her legs grow weaker and weaker. She didn't know what condition Chaeyoung was in, and a part of her didn't want to know, she wasn't ready. As she approached the room, she realised she was walking into the ICU. Her walking got slower as she was getting close to the room, counting down the numbers till she reached Chaeyoung room, her sense of dread getting stronger as got closer.

309

310

311

312

Mina stood outside the door for a minute, mentally preparing herself for what she was about to experience. She took a deep breath before placing her hand on the handle. She slowly opened the door and was immediately met with 7 pairs of sad and concerned eyes. Jihyo was sitting by Chaeyoung's bed, Sana was holding a crying Tzuyu, Momo was holding Dahyun who was just staring off into nothing, her mind not processing what was happening, and Nayeon waas holding a distraught Jeongyeon. She slowly met their gazes, each of Mina a look that screams 'I'm sorry', before her eyes landed on Chaeyoung, and it was devastating.

Chaeyoung was laying there, eyes closed and lifeless. Chaeyoung was hooked up to a numerous machines and had multiple tubes and wires attached to her, some coming out of her nose, some out of her arms and hands, one out of and one out of . She had a neck brace and multiple bandages on her, one wrapped around her head, her arms, and legs. Chaeyoung was barely breathing that she looked like she wasn't breathing at all.

Mina immediately collapsed in shock and started crying. The 7 of them just stood by and watched, they didn't want to touch Mina now, they knew how volatile she was and didn't want to risk getting hurt themselves, they didn't even tell Mina what happened, and she didn't want to know. Mina just laid there on her knees, crying. Mina's crying was interrupted when the door slammed open and ran in Somi, furious.

"What happened" Somi asked, fury in her tone

Silence.

"WHAT HAPPENED!!" Somi screamed, tears forming in her eyes as well

"She... went drinking last night, nobody really knows what happens but she got into an argument with a girl.... and she started drinking a lot, she suffered alchohol poisoning and an asthma attack, she didn't have her inhaler with her and she passed out in the middle of the street and... she got hit by truck... She's in a medically induced coma now. Any physical injuries will heal fully with no negative repercutions, but the doctor said that there's no telling when she'll wake up, in fact, there's a chance she never will" Jihyo solemnly explained

"Who's the girl" Somi asked, her voice low but threatening

"Witnesses descriptions of the girl sounded like.... Mina" Nayeon said hesitantly

Mina sobbed harder, feeling responsible for what happened to Chaeyoung, she sobbed harder until she heard a low growl.

The room went dead silent, all eyes were on Somi who was glaring down at Mina with such hatred and disdain.

"Was it you?" Somi growled

Mina only nodded

"THIS IS ALL YOUR FAULT!!" Somi shouted, lunging at Mina

Mina just sat there, accepting every hit that Somi gave to her, she deserveed it. Before any real damage was done, the 8 girls pulled Somi away from Mina trying to calm Somi down, as they dragged Somi out of the room, Somi was still shouting and screaming at her.

"IF CHAEYOUNG DIES, I'M COMING FOR YOU, I'LL NEVER LET YOU OFF" Somi shouted before she was out of the room

Jihyo, Nayeon, Jeongyeon, Sana and Momo came back in while Dahyun and Tzuyu stayed outside with Somi to talk to her, since they were the closest to her. They came back in to see Mina lying on the floor, silent tears flowing. They went back out, letting Mina be alone.

"It's all my fault" Mina whispred to herself

A/N:
Too much angst? Or too little? Q&A today, thanks for the questions, this is the most questions I've ever received so thank you. LEAVE MANY MANY COMMENTS AS USUAL.



Q&A 
 

Xbowcrayy:
Q:Kimchi, how do you feel about your owners' break up?
A: Meow (I am devastated, both mommy and mother have raised me since I was a week old, to see them break up breaks my heart)

Q:How did you feel when writing extreme angst and torturing us with it? 
A:TBH, I hate it, I'm a really soft person and I don't really like angst, but it makes the fluff all the more sweet so... yeah
  Zenwayne
Q:To Mina: don't u think that break up with chae will hurt her more???? Cmon..
A: If I stay with her, I'll hurt her even more, I'm too messed up for her

Q:To somi: now that chae and mina break up, do u find this a good opportunity to mess things up more?
A: Of course, but seeing Chaeyoung like this hurts me, so for now my priority is to make Chaeyoung happy

Q:To kimchi: how do u feel that your moms break up? ;-; stay strong, kimchi A: Meow (As I have stated, I am devastated)
  Unbelieveablenot 
Q:To author: will mina family will solve their prob or not?
A: I'll see, I haven't planned so far ahead yet

Q:To Mina: dont you think break up with chae hurt her more?
A: As

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter