Friends?

Loving You
Please log in to read the full chapter

Rosé approaches Jisoo's table and tugs her hand. Jisoo lifted her head and stood up from her seat  when she saw her girlfriend. Alice looks between them in confusion and speaks.

"Is something the matter Rosie?" Alice's eyes darted at the side and sees her father closely watching over them. Rosé shakes her head as an answer. 

"Nothing. I just want to talk to Jisoo in private." Rosé replied in serious tone while Jisoo just remains silent cause she knows what this is all about.

Alice nodded in understanding and leans in a bit towards her sister before whispering,

"Dad is looking over here right now. Just don't be too obvious.." Alice warns her and Rosé lets go of Jisoo's hand in a haste. Jisoo turns to the side and saw Mr. Park staring at their direction. She sighs deeply and decides to sit back down on her chair. Then she patted the seat beside her and gestured for her girlfriend to sit down. Rosé quickly understood and complied. 

"If you girls want to talk then I'll give you a privacy.." Alice smiled amicably but Rosé touches her arm and stops her. 

"No it's okay, unnie stay. It'll be more suspicious if you leave us here." Rosé muttered while Jisoo nodded in agreement. 

"Okay. Then just don't mind my presence and talk girls. I swear I won't eavesdrop." Alice replied convincingly but the two just laughs at that. 

"Hey it's okay. It's not that serious Alice. You can even join in if you want. " Jisoo chuckles while Rosé turns to Jisoo and heaved a sigh before speaking. 

"Actually Jisoo.. I want to talk about him." Rosé suddenly says and Jisoo meets her gaze. 

"Yeah I know." Jisoo replied impassively. Rosé moves her chair closer to Jisoo and tries to read her girlfriend's expression. While Alice, she was just silently watching the two. 

"Are you planning to talk to him?"Jisoo inquired. Rosé bites her lip and meets her gaze. 

"I don't know Chu.. Do you want me to?" Rosé looks clearly conflicted about it. 

"I think there's no need for that if you ask me. You blocked his number already so I'm sure that he already got the hint that you were trying your best  to avoid him." Jisoo reasoned and tried her best to stay calm. The truth is, when she saw him earlier, she suddenly had this urge to take Rosé home with her and go back to the dorm. She just wants to leave this place and this party. 

"You're right but I feel like I can't just avoid him forever. I feel like I'm being rude towards him. We were friends back then. It's just.. maybe he deserves an explanation for the way I've treated him. I feel like it's not right. I don't know. I'm so confused right now." Rosé facepalms and Alice reached out to her and pats her shoulder comfortingly while Jisoo looks at her incredulously after hearing that. 

"What? Are you serious right now? You don't need to explain yourself to him. What you two had.. whatever it was, that was over a long time ago. You turned him down before remember? Even if you continously avoid him, it doesn't matter cause nothing will change. So what's the point of talking to each other and explaining yourself? I don't get you.." Jisoo huffed and tries to keep her voice down even though deep inside she just wanted to shout out her frustration. His presence was really no good for the both of them. 

"I know you wouldn't agree. I'm sorry for making you upset I just---Jisoo cuts her off. 

"No Chaeng. It's not my decision to make. If you want to talk to him then I won't stop you. It's still your choice. I just want you to understand my side. You know that you don't have to do this." Jisoo sighed and takes her hand, giving it a gentle squeeze. Rosé nodded meekly in understanding. Then she pondered over it for a little while before meeting Jisoo's eyes again. 

"You said before that you're gonna tell him about us. To be honest, I thought about it when I saw him earlier. I still think the idea was absurd but I also understand that it was for the best.." Rosé shared sincerely and Jisoo's eyes widen at that. 

"What do you mean? So you want to tell him about us?" Jisoo was shocked. Rosé was so opposed to the idea when they first talk about it. Why is she changing her mind now? 

"I give it some thought and I think he really has to know. I've decided to tell him that I am in a relationship. But I won't reveal that it was with you Jisoo." Rosé still looks hesitant and waited for Jisoo's response. 

Jisoo doesn't know what to feel. Sure, it was her idea but what she truly wanted was to tell him about their relationship herself. She wanted to be the one to reveal the truth and gives him a piece of her mind. 

"Are you sure you can do it?" Jisoo asked in doubt. What if Rosé falters and he takes this opportunity to lure her back into him using his charms? Jisoo knows that he's got an advantage because Rosé and him had 'history'. 

"I can do it. Just trust me okay? I just want to clear things up once and for all. Please don't worry." Rosé sincerely says and looks straight into her eyes. She looks too serious and determined.

Jisoo finally gives in and just nods her head vigorously, convinced at Rosé's words. 

"Alright. I trust you. But make it quick Chaeng. I'm a bit tired and I really want to go home.." Jisoo muttered and raised her glass to her lips before taking a sip on her juice. 

Rosé gives her a small smile before walking towards his direction, where his table at. 

Park Chanyeol. He's well known by many because he's charming and skillful. He's a singer, rapper, songwriter, producer, actor and a model too. He's also the most popular member of the group Exo. Everyone loves him cause he's a great role model. He's got it all. The looks and the talent and Jisoo knows that he's a big threat to their relationship. 

Jisoo sighs deeply and just watched the two in silence. She saw them head to the backdoor of the restaurant, leading towards the small garden to talk. Rosé cast her one last glance before disappearing from her sight. 

"Relax. Everything's going to be alright Jisoo." Alice suddenly says, catching her attention. Jisoo just smile a little as a response. 

 

Rosé looks around the garden to make sure that no one followed them and finally released the breath she didn't know she was holding when the two of them walk towards the place. The garden is peaceful and quiet contrast to the loud music and cheers inside the restaurant. 

"You should relax. I think manager oppa will make sure that we can talk in private. He won't let anyone follow us here." Chanyeol calmly said and takes off his mask. Rosé turns to face him before nodding meekly as a response. 

"That's a relief.." Rosé sighed and Chanyeol just give her a small smile before walking towards the flowers at the side and pluck a small white flower. 

"This is beautiful." He whispered while looking at the flower on his hand. 

"Right. It's lovely." Rosé agrees and admired the flowers around them. 

"It's been so long that I've forgotten how your voice sounds like especially when you speak in Korean. I'm glad that I finally got the chance to talk to you again." Chanyeol suddenly confessed, catching Rosé by surprise. He flashed her a genuine smile and Rosé looks down, feeling embarrassed. 

Rosé can't remember the last time that the two of them talked. They see each other at some events but ever since that day that she told him that she couldn't reciprocate the feelings that he has for her, they both decided to stay away from each other as much as possible. That's why it's strange for Rosé that they're right here at this place, conversing like old friends. 

"I'm happy that I've come here tonight. I was doing some live broadcast with Junmyeon hyung earlier cause we have an upcoming comeback next week and thought that I couldn't make it. But I promised your mom and I want to talk to you too." Chanyeol admitted truthfully and offers the flower that he's holding to Rosé. Rosé contemplated whether to take it or not. Chanyeol noticed her hesitation so he just puts his hand back down to his side. 

"My mom mentioned that to me. You shouldn't feel obliged to come if you're really busy." Rosé replied seriously while Chanyeol just shakes his head. 

"Yes we're busy preparing these days but like I said, I came here out of my own volition because I want to talk to you." Chanyeol calmly said and meets her gaze.

Rosé knows that this is the right time to tell him the truth. She took a deep breath before speaking. 

"I have something to tell you Chanyeol sunbaenim.." Rosé looks up seriously. She's fidgeting her fingers nervously. 

"Chanyeol sunbaenim? So you're back at calling me sunbae.. I see.." Chanyeol trailed off and he looks disappointed upon hearing that. Rosé bites her lip and didn't know how to respond because of his reaction.

Chanyeol looks at her face and saw her conflicting expession so he quickly waves his hand and speaks.

"Look, it's fine. I'm fine with that really. I think it's right if you call me sunbae cause I'm your senior and I'm older than you. I was just surprised cause back then, you just used to call me with my name." Chanyeol explained carefully and Rosé nodded but remains quiet. She's starting to feel awkward at this meeting and wonders if she can tell him the truth without hurting him. She knows that's not possible but she'll still try her best. 

Chanyeol speaks again breaking her from her reverie. 

"Our upcoming album is awesome and you should look forward to it because our song called 'Love shot'.. well, I actually wrote it with my member Chen." Chanyeol chirped proudly, trying to change the topic to a much livelier one. Rosé smiled faintly at that and nodded approvingly. 

"That's great to hear. Good luck to your album. I'm sure it will be successful." Rosé honestly remarked. Chanyeol smiles sheepishly at her comment and averted his gaze, feeling embarrassed. Then he looks up at the sky and stare at the moon. 

"The moon is beautiful tonight." He muttered in awe while gazing at the moon. Rosé just nodded her head to agree to that statement before looking back at Chanyeol who's standing in front of her. His back was turned to her now and Rosé used this opportunity to finally tell him the truth. 

'I'm currently dating someone." Rosé confessed in a quiet voice but loud enough for him to hear. Chanyeol gasped at that and slowly turns to face her with a surprised expression on his face. 

Silence. 

A deafening silence passed by between them.

Rosé waits for him to say something but he was just gaping at her in shock. 

"I'm sorry. I know that I should have told you the truth earlier but I don't know where to begin." Rosé says apologetically and looks down. 

She heard the deep sigh that escaped from him before he speaks. 

"That was very surprising... and unexpected. I wasn't prepared for that." Chanyeol fakes a laugh and averted his gaze. Rosé feels bad for him and pursed her lips. She was about to say something but he speaks again. 

"I remember when you told me that you want to focus on your group and you don't want to break the rules.." He murmured without looking at her. 

"I know I said that but this is different. I fell in love with that person without even knowing and I just realized that I'm willing to risk everything for that love. I just couldn't help it." Rosé admitted truthfully and felt guilty for giving him those reasons and excuses before. 

Chanyeol sadly nodded in understanding and finally meets her gaze. 

"I'm sure he's a great person if you feel that way towards him.. He's so lucky to capture your heart Roseanne." Chanyeol sincerely said and Rosé feels even more guilty at that. She tried her best to ignore the feeling and composed herself. 

"You will find the right one for you someday. And you'll be happy too. I'm sure about about it cause you're a great guy." Rosé said convincingly and Chanyeol just gives her a small smile. 

"Right. I truly hope so.." He muttered and raised his hand to offer a handshake. 

"We can still be friends right? Is that okay?" Rosé looks at it and contemplated on what to do. 

"Friends? But I... read somewhere that you can't be friends with someone you fell in love with. I'm really sorry.." Rosé shyly shared. Chanyeol gasped at that and narrowed his eyes teasingly before pulling back his hand. 

"Wait, does that mean that you fell in love with me before?" He asked playfully and Rosé bites her lip to stop herself from smiling. 

"I was actually referring to you. Not to myself." Rosé clarified and Chanyeol feighned shock at that which makes Rosé laughs lightly. Chanyeol smile when he saw her laughs and speaks. 

"So I guess we can't be friends too.. that's a bummer but I think it was for the best. I don't want your boyfriend to think that I am trying to steal you away from him." Chanyeol nodded vigorously and shove his hands inside his pockets. 

"Thank you for understanding. I just don't want to make things complicated because you have no idea about the truth. And I know that you're not that kind of person so don't worry about it."

"Now it makes sense. This is the reason why you blocked my number right? You don't want him to get the wrong idea."

"That's true. They know about you and what happened in the past so.. I guess it can't be helped." Rosé admitted and Chanyeol caught the word 'They' that Rosé used but chose to shrug it off and ignore it. 

"Well, I know that there's no need for me to let you know this because you're taken now but the truth is, I was planning to court you again Roseanne. Did your mom say something about that to you?" Chanyeol asked in curiosity and Rosé could only nod as an answer. 

"She did. She informed me about it already so I know. And again, forgive me if I--- Chanyeol cuts her off mid-sentence and holds both of her shoulders, catching Rosé off guard. 

"Don't apologize for being in a relationship with someone you love. I know we're idols and everyone treat this kind of thing as scandal but we have feelings too. I completely understand and accept it so please don't be sorry to me. I'm alright Roseanne. You have nothing to worry about so just be happy. Your happiness is what truly matters to me. Always remember that." Chanyeol sincerely says before pulling his hands back. Rosé just looks at him in surprise before her eyes soften and nodded her head in agreement. 

"Again, thank you for saying that." Rosé says gratefully. Chanyeol flashed a radiant smile in response before he takes a deep breath.

"I guess this is good bye. Always take care of yourself. I'll see you around Roseanne." He bids in farewell and gives her a small nod. He starts walking and Rosé bows her head a little as a response when he passed by her side. 

"You too. Have a good night. Good bye Chanyeol sunbaenim." Rosé replied and waves her hand. Chanyeol smiled and waves back. He gives her one last glance before pulling the door open, leaving Rosé alone at the small garden. 

Rosé was relieved after that conversation and felt like something was lifted off from her chest. She can't wait to meet Jisoo and tells her everything. 

 

*Meanwhile*

I walk towards the kitchen and found my Dad busily cooking and preparing our dinner. I've decided to offer some help and set up the table. 

"Lisa. You're up. How's your sleep? Are you hungry yet? I'm not done with this one so please wait for a bit alright?" Dad smiled at me and I just shake my head as a response. 

"It's okay dad. I can wait. Woo~ this is my favorite! Can I try it?" I said and pointed at one of my favorite food rosti on top of the table. Dad always cooks this dish for me because he knows how much I love it. 

I sliced a small piece and tries it while my father was just looking at my reaction. I savor the taste and hummed in appreciation. It was perfect! I love it so much I want to cry! 

"You're the best, dad. This is perfect." I finally speak after swallowing the food. I gave my father two thumbs up while he just nodded his head and continues cooking. 

I resumed on my task and puts the utensils on the table. I arranged them and turns to my father when he speaks. 

"Did Jennie call you? I heard the phone rung but my hands were full at that time." I shook my head as an answer. 

"It wasn't her and she actually left her phone here so that's not possible. Where did mom and Jennie go anyway? Did they go shopping?" I asked, frowning. I felt a bit annoyed when Dad mentioned that phone call again. I really don't want to think about that right now. 

My father must have noticed the shift in my mood cause he turns to face me and eyed me curiously. I quickly averted my gaze and pursed my lips. I don't want him to notice that I'm in a bad mood. Dad turns off the stove and walk over towards the table to serve the food. I can feel that his eyes studies me for a moment before settling the pan down so I keep myself busy with the plates. 

"It's either you had a bad dream or you want to eat something else. You know I tried my best to cook all your favorites cause that's what your mom said.." I gasped at that and quickly shakes my head in disagreement. 

"No Dad. It's not like that. All of these are perfect. I love all these foods." I clarified. 

"Then did you have a bad dream? What happened?" He asked curiously while taking something out from the fridge. I plopped down on the chair and frowns. 

"It's just.." I don't know how to explain this to my Dad. I never usually open up to him about my relationship. And I don't really want to bother him with my problems. 

"Right. I just had a bad dream Dad. No big deal." I lied and smiled faintly. He nods imperceptibly and pulls out a chair before sitting across from me. 

"I understand. Just remember that you can always talk to me if something is troubling you. Your mom and I are always here for you." He sincerely said and I felt a bit guilty about not telling him the truth. 

"Thank you Dad. I appreciate it a lot. You and mom have always been very supportive. I can't thank you enough for everything." I gratefully says and he just gives me a warm smile in return. 

"You know I think you should give your mom a call. The food will turn cold." He looks at the dishes and I just laughed and agrees to that. I texted manager oppa and he replied that they're close but just got stuck in traffic so I just tell dad to wait a bit more. 

I decided to ask Dad about him and mom's relationship while waiting for mom and Jennie to arrive. My parent's bond is still strong and I'm quite curious how did they manage to stay together after all these years. 

"The most important thing when you're in a relationship is of course love. We wouldn't make it this far if we didn't love each other. But I'm sure you already know that." My father began and smiled. I smiled back in response. 

"Lisa, just remember three things and everything will be alright. Trust, respect and communication with your partner. Those are the key to a long lasting relationship." My father said seriously and I focus my attention to him and listen carefully to what he was saying. 

"Your mom and I, we had a hard time communicating with each other before because we don't speak the same languages. And we both know that, so we always try to talk about our differences. I always put myself in her shoes and imagine what was running in her mind. In that way, I would know why she said or did something. You have to understand her side. You need to always know the whole story. I always think that way when the two of us were having arguments so we always resolve things quickly and end our problems in peace. Also, don't be afraid to voice out your needs, fears or desires to your partner. It'll strengthen your bond and you'd stay connected to each other." He shared wisely and I nodded in understanding. 

"Do you believe that's enough dad?" I asked in doubt. My father looks at me in suspicion because of my question but just shrugs as an answer. 

"Like I said, respect, trust and communication. That's what you need. It's up to you to make things work. Lisa, always remember to respect your partner. Learn how to value her opinion and feelings, learn to compromise and honor her boundaries. Of course, don't forget to have self-respect too. Think of your worth and your feelings." My father seriously adviced. He looks at me curiously like he was studying my reaction. I looked down and averted my gaze.

Dad was very observant and I know that he must have sense that I was taking his words way too seriously. I feel like he realized that I'm asking him about these things because I have problems with Jennie. I felt a bit embarrassed at that. 

"And finally, trust. I know a lot of couples struggle with this. Lisa, trust can't be build if only one partner is willing to do something and the other isn't. Cause building trust requires mutual commitment. And you have to know that you can't demand or prove trust. Trusting someone is a choice that you make. If you trust someone, you trust them regardless of who they spend time with or where they go. You trust that, even if someone else wanted to hurt your relationship, your partner wouldn’t let that happen. So ask yourself, do you and your partner trust each other enough?" He asked meaningfully and I know that he's concerned about us. I can see in his eyes that he figured out that something was wrong. 

I bit my lip and looks away from him. His words hit me like a truck. I know that Jennie and I are trying our best to trust one another but it was still not enough. It was still a big problem for the both of us. 

My phone suddenly rings so I pulled it out of my pocket and looks at the caller. It was Jennie's mom. I excused myself from Dad and answers the call. I walk towards the living room and plops down on the couch. I held the phone against my ear and speaks. 

"Hello mom?" 

"Lisa? Is Jennie with you? I was trying to call her but I couldn't reach her phone. Do you know where she is?" Mrs. Kim asked expectantly. 

I know it was my fault that she couldn't contact her because I turned off Jennie's phone after hanging up on him. I got carried away with my emotions. 

"She went out with my mom to buy some things and she left her phone here. But I can pass your message to her when she comes back." I offered. 

"Alright. Tell my daughter that her friend came here earlier. He asked me about the gifts that his manager sent for Jennie. He said that the gifts were supposed to deliver at your dorm but the manager mistakenly sent them here in our house." Mrs. Kim explained and I flinched after hearing that.

Wait, don't tell me... 

"I see.. Do you mind if I ask who is this friend of hers that send the gifts? Do you know him mom?" I asked calmly even though my heart was beating wildly against my chest. I seriously have a bad feeling about this. 

"I remember that he has driven Jennie to our home a bunch of times before so I recognize his face. When we talked earlier, he said that his name is Kim Jongin. I don't know how long he's been friends with my daughter but he seems like a good guy. I noticed that he's very respectful and well mannered as well." Mrs. Kim praised and I felt like I am going to have a headache. I suddenly don't feel good because of what she said. I took a deep breath and tries to process the information that I have heard from Mrs. Kim.

So he has driven her to their home a lot of times before? Why? Where is our manager? I don't know if it was just me but why did that sound like a couple who just went out on a date where the guy would take his girl home after the amazing day that they'd share together? Am I being paranoid and overdramatic for thinking like this? How many times did they hang out with just the two of them? Why haven't I heard about any of these things before? Jennie never mentioned those things. Did she hide these things to me on purpose cause she knows that I will think like this? I have too many unanswered questions inside my head. 

"Lisa? Are you still there?" Mrs.Kim speaks, breaking me from my trance. I try to compose myself and finally find my voice to speak. 

"Mom, yes I'm still here. I'll just.. I promise that I'll tell Jennie that you called when she comes back." I replied. 

"Thank you Lisa. Tell her to contact me alright? Her Dad wants to talk to her too."

"Okay. I'll pass your message mom. Take care and tell dad not to worry too much about Jennie. She's doing well." I said in reply. 

Mrs. Kim said her goodbye and hangs up. 

I take a deep breath and tries to calm myself. Negative thoughts are starting to flood inside my head again and I worry that I might snap at any second. I need to control myself and tries to keep in mind my dad's advice earlier. 

"Communication, respect and trust.." I muttered in repeat and closed my eyes. 

I heard the front door opened and turns towards it. Mom and Jennie walked inside the house in glee. They both look like they had a great time shopping together. My Dad emerged from the kitchen to welcome them while I stay glued to my spot. 

"You're just in time for dinner." He says smiling and gets the bags that my mom was holding. I spare a glance over Jennie and our eyes meet. I quickly averted my gaze and notice that she was hiding something behind her but I'm not in a mood to even care to whatever it was. 

I walk past her and followed my parents to the dining room. I take a seat across from dad and Jennie takes the seat next to me. 

"Lili, I have something for you." I flinched when she called me Lili cause it reminded me of the fact that someone also calls her 'Nini'. I thought Lili and Nini are made just for the two of us. I guess I was wrong to assume and think that I was special. It may be childish to get annoyed at trivial things but I got too worked up after those phone calls earlier so you can't blame me for having such a sour mood. 

Jennie was too enthusiastic that she didn't notice my reaction. She revealed the boquet of daisies that she was hiding behind her and offered them to me. 

"I bought this for you. I hope you like them." Jennie said expectantly. I look at the flowers and contemplated if I should take them or not. 

My father chimed in. 

"They're beautiful Jennie. Where did you buy them?" He kindly asked and Jennie gives him a radiant smile before answering. 

"We stopped at

Please log in to read the full chapter