Girlfriend

Loving You
Please log in to read the full chapter

I stare blankly at the television while caressing Leo's head. My cat is currently resting on my lap. Jisoo is sitting beside me on the couch, too focused on the book that she was reading. It was 2:15 am but we both still couldn't sleep so we just decided to hang out and watch movies in our living room. Jennie and Chaeyoung are already fast asleep in their rooms. I spare a glance at her and speaks.

"How did Chaeyoung react when she read the news?" I asked and Jisoo turned her attention towards me.

"Well.. to be honest, we both think it was absurd and funny." Jisoo shrugged and reach for her juice at the table. She take a quick sip and look at me. 

"Why did you ask?" she inquired curiously and raised a brow.

"I'm just worried about her reaction. She might get st--- Jisoo interrupted me by chuckling lightly.

"Lisa, we both know those rumors are not true. And Chaeyoung and I are focused on more important stuff. Her parents, for example." Jisoo reasoned.

Jisoo and Jennie got involved in dating scandal earlier this week. Jennie's name was linked to one of her male close friend/yg dancer because she replied to one of his posts in social media. The guy also posted about Jennie in his ig stories and even give her credit in some of his photos. The rumor about them started spreading on the internet and some people just quickly assumed that they're in a relationship. I know that Jennie has a lot of friends in the company because she's very sociable and she trained for a long time. Everyone loves her and called her "Yg princess". I don't personally know the guy but I believe that I've run into him in some occassions before. As for Jisoo, the rumor about her secretly dating someone starts spreading on the internet when her fansites suddenly shut down one by one. Similar thing has happened to a boy group's fansites before some of their members got involve in dating scandals. Fans pointed out that the shutdowns most likely to happen in the months leading up to a dating scandal, like what happened to that boygroup. But all of these were just baseless rumors, and some people think that the closing of these fansites doesn't mean anything and has no connection to Jisoo's relationship status. 

"What about Jendeukie? Did you guys talk about it?"

"Yeah. She said that she'll stay away from sns for the meantime." I replied.

"That's a good choice. She's been getting a lot of hates this past few weeks. First, because of those pics that she archived and now, because of this dating scandal." Jisoo said and I just nodded imperceptibly.

"I'm just curious what will sajangnim say when he heard this news. What if he gets upset and call you guys in his office? What if he's in a bad mood again and started ranting like a beast? We all know that our last meeting with him didn't go too well." I pointed out and Jisoo frowned at the statement.

"Right. I don't want to get scolded by him again. That was a nightmare." Jisoo remarked as we both remember that day.

 

*Flashback*

Two days after our concert, we went to meet Sajangnim because he said he wants to talk to us about the concert. We entered the meeting room with ease and settle on our seats while waiting for him to finish his phone call. We are actually expecting him to congratulate us for our successful concert because we managed to pull off the show nicely even though there are some unexpected incident that happened like Jennie's injury. We did our best to make him proud and we are lowkey expecting him to praise us and gives us extra allowance. 

He finally finished the call and turned towards us. He heave a deep sigh and gives us a stern look after settling on his seat.

"How was your first concert felt like? Did you enjoy perfoming your song in front of all your fans?" He started and wait for our answer.

"We give our 101% sir. We really think it was fun performing in our very own concert and we're overwhelmed with all the love and support that our beloved blinks gave us." Jisoo admitted truthfully and smiled. He nodded imperceptibly and lean back on the couch that he was sitting at.

"I was there on the first day of your concert to watch everything. I wanted to talk to you after the show but I had other commitments that day so I had to fly back to Korea immediately." He informed us and Jennie decided to speak.

"Thank you for giving us your time sir. We know that you're busy and we really appreciate all the support that you'd given us." Jennie said sincerely and gave him a warm smile. He just nodded his head again and speaks.

"Since I was there to witness your performance live, then I'm going to be honest and tell you what I think about it.." He said seriously and we all nodded and gulped nervously.

"I thought the concert was fine. I know you girls did your best but to me, the four of you are still lacking. I felt like you relaxed too much and I noticed a lot of mistakes during the dance." He noted and look at us seriously.

"Jennie, your solo stage was boring. You let your nerves take over and your performance was very inconsistent." He pointed out and Jennie looked down and apologized.

"I'm sorry sir. I promise that I'll do my best next time." She said and I patted her shoulder to comfort her.

"Rosé, your performance is pretty much the same as Jennie. Your voice was great but it was shaky and it's obvious that you're nervous too. You'd let your emotions control you and your performance." He said and Jisoo decided to intervene.

"I know this is not an excuse but Chaeyoung was not feeling well that night sir. She was not in her best state. She has colds and she tried her best and gave her all. I think we should at least give her credit for that." Jisoo reasoned and Sajangnim raised his brow.

"Your solo performance was lacking too Jisoo. Stop defending your member because you also made mistakes during your number. I saw how you forgot some of the lines." 

"I'm sorry sir but my number was not that easy. My song was in different language and I did my best to memorize all the lines in a short period of time." Jisoo explained and he just knitted his brows in annoyance.

"You know that was not an excuse Jisoo. I gave you enough time to learn it. You should've told me if you couldn't do it or not. I expected a lot from you." Jisoo looked down defeatedly and nodded.

"Right. Sorry for disappointing you sir. I promise it won't happen again." Jisoo apologized and bow her head a little.

"And you Lisa.." He looked at me seriously and I saw him clenched his jaw. 

"Your performance was the worst. You didn't stand out that much in your solo number and looked like one of those dancers. Just a backup dancer. Everybody was hyping your performance but to me, it was not good enough. I really think that you can do more than that. I trusted your skills too much but you just disappointed me." He sneered and I just bow my head in embarrassment.

"I'm sorry sir. I will do my best next time." I muttered and meet his gaze. I don't know if it's just me but when I meet his gaze, I can feel that he's somewhat glaring at me. He looks really furious and I wonder if the members notice it too.

"I don't want you to get too confident just because your moves are great. You still have a lot of things too learn Lisa. There's a lot of dancers out there who can easily beat your dancing skills." He reminded and looked at me.

"I understand that sir. Thank you for your honesty. I will keep that in mind." I bowed respectfully but I guess he is not finish with his rant.

"You girls need to take your work seriously. Just because your comeback was successful, doesn't mean that you can slack off and relax like a bunch of pros. Do you want people to doubt your skills and think that you're just overrated because you're from Yg? You've been in this business for two years. Just two years. You still have a lot of things to learn to achieve your dreams. If you truly want the people to accept and recognize Blackpink you need to focus on your goals all the time. You need to remember why you chose to become an idol. Your fans deserve your best performance.You have to give everything that you have." He reasoned and look at us seriously. We all nodded in understanding and looked down feeling guilty.

"We're really sorry if we didn't meet your expectations sir. Please give us another chance to prove ourselves to you." Jennie said and Sajangnim just shook his head.

"I don't know Jennie. I'm just so disappointed in all of you. Mr. Cha informed me that you sometimes skipped rehearsals to go home early. You know the rules.You need to rehearse three times a week from 11am to 1 am. It's on your contract. You can't just go home and left whenever you want to." Sajangnim said and we all gasped at that. Mr. Cha(strict manager oppa) really likes to put us in trouble. 

"But we just did that twice sir. We were just so exhausted that time and we couldn't help but to go home and rest." Jisoo reasoned but he refused to back down.

"That's not the only thing that I've heard from your manager. He also said that you sometimes go out on your own without informing them. He accidentaly saw you Jisoo and Rosé at the mall last month. I told you that you can't go somewhere without your managers. It's their job to accompany you wherever you go. That's the reason why I hired five managers to look after you in the first place!" He grumbled and look at the two. Rosé and Jisoo shared a look and sighed defeatedly. 

"Sir that was.." Jisoo didn't know what to say. That day was their second monthsary. Jennie decided to interfere and speaks.

"Lisa and I are with them that time sir. The four of us went out to eat lunch together and we agreed not to call our managers because my dad was with us and we just decided to use his car instead. He drove for us and we spend time with him after shopping different items." Jennie lied and we all just nodded to support her answer. Sajangnim looked at us suspiciously and pressed his lips together while thinking deeply. Then his gaze landed into me. He then sighed and speaks.

"If that's the case then.. just don't do it again. You need to be careful because one wrong move and people will start assuming that your managers are not with you cause you're secretly meeting someone behind their backs. Like for example, a secret lover or a very close friend. People will easily spread false issues about you because you're a celebrity." He turned towards me and speaks.

"You know that you're not allowed to date anyone right? And I'm sure that you won't break this rule. I know that I can trust you girls. Lisa, you're not in a relationship with someone right now, are you?" He questioned and my heart beats fast against my chest. I swallowed hard and spare a glance at the members before speaking.

"No sir. I'm too focused on my career and the thought of dating someone never crossed my mind. I'm happy and contented to be with my members and Blackpink is more important to me than anything else in this world." I said sincerely and I saw the three smiled at my answer. Sajangnim gave me a serious look and nodded slowly.

"That's good to hear. Never lose sight of what's truly important to you Lisa. I know you won't fail me."

*End of flashback*

Because of what happened that day, we become more cautious with our actions especially when Manager Cha was around. We make sure that he won't know anything about our relationships. The only one who knows about us is Manager Jung. The head manager. Out of all our five managers, he's our favorite. He's reliable and we know we can trust him to keep our secret. He's very close to us like manager-unnie. He knew about us a long time ago and he said that he's okay with it and that he's happy for us. We can only be free when he's the one who's with us.

"I think you should do something for Jendeukie before you leave next week. You don't know how much she missed you when you went to join the military. I'm sure she'll feel sad again and sulk in her room for three days." Jisoo suddenly said and I looked at her curiously.

I joined the military for five days because I was casted in a show called "Real Men 300." I finished filming the show last week and I feel proud of myself for surviving all those tasks that the soldiers gave me. Jennie doesn't want me to join the show at first but I reassured her that I will be alright and that I will come home safe and sound in the end. During my whole stay in the military, she's the only one who's on my mind. The thought of her waiting for me to come back gives me courage and strength to go on and endure all the hardships in the military. I've made a promise to her that I when I came back I will spoil her and that's exactly what I did. We spend time with each other last Sunday and I decided to take her out on a date. We went to different places that she wants to go to and we ate all the food that she likes. We also bought gifts for each other and visit her parents. Next week, I will have to go to Indonesia and Thailand to attend a fanmeeting event there. I guess Jennie and I must learn to get used to being away from each other especially during this times that we had no choice but to accept it.

"You're right. Jennie was so stressed out these days and she needs to take a breather and relax. How will I make her feel better? I'm running out of ideas unnie."

"Then just do what you always do. Make love with each other. Seriously, when was the last time you guys had ? We're so busy this past few weeks and I realized that it's been a long time since I last heard your scandalous moans." Jisoo remarked and I felt my face heat up from embarrassment.

"Unnie!" I exclaimed and slapped her arm playfully. Jisoo flinched and glared at me.

"Stop acting like you don't like the idea Lisa. I know that you craved for her body so much." Jisoo argued and shrugged. I facepalmed and blushed even more. She's right. I can't remember the last time we did it. And to be honest, I really missed making love with her. I wonder if Jennie feels the same way too.

*Next Day*

We were rehearsing with the dancers at the studio when I saw a guy approach Jennie. I saw Jennie stood up from her chair and follow the guy outside.

"Who is that?" I asked Jisoo and nudge her to get her attention. She followed my gaze and smirked when she saw his face.

"That's Jendeukie's friend. He's the dancer that everyone assumes to be Jendeuk's boyfriend." Jisoo muttered and gave me an amusing look.

"That's him? He looks different in the pictures." I

Please log in to read the full chapter