Problems

Loving You
Please log in to read the full chapter

We safely arrived in Japan after 2 hours of flight. We are scheduled to perform at Tokyo Girls Collection tonight. Fans greeted us at the airport and I felt a bit worried about Jennie cause she's feeling unwell since this morning. She has a bad headache and she said that she feels tired. Manager Jung told her to get some rest during the flight and gave her medicines to take. 

When we reached the hotel, I decided to talk to our managers about Jennie. 

"I want to stay at the same room with Jennie-unnie tonight. I want to make sure that she's alright." I spare a glance at Jennie and saw her look down and hide her face in her scarf. She clings to Jisoo's arm while Jisoo decided to speak. 

"Don't worry about her Lisa. I'll take care of Jendeuk. I'll make sure that she'll eat her food and force her to take her medicines. I got this." She looks at me reassuringly but I just shook my head. 

"But I want to do that too unnie. Please let us be roommates for once. I just want to make sure that--- Chaeyoung patted my shoulder to cut me off. 

"Lisa, relax. Jisoo-unnie will take good care of her. She's going to be fine." She said and I saw Manager Cha waited for my response.

"I know that. But I want to do it myself. Please let me---Jennie opens to speak. 

"I'm old enough to fend for myself. Stop worrying about me. I'll be alright." She replied quietly and meet my gaze. I bit my lip to stop myself from arguing about the matter and sighed defeatedly. 

"Fine. I'll stay with Chaeng then." I nodded imperceptibly and head towards the elevator in disappointment. Chaeyoung follows me and loops her arm with mine. 

"Hey, it's okay. Don't feel sad. I'm sure Jennie-unnie just wants you to be careful. Your actions are too obvious Lisa. You should learn how to calm down." She muttered and spare a quick glance towards Manager Cha who's walking few meters from us. 

"Calm down? Jennie's been acting weird this past three days. She has been giving me a cold shoulder since she got back from Paris. I want to know what's wrong with her and I want to let her know that I'm always here for her when she needs me." I reasoned sincerely and Chaeyoung nodded in understanding. 

"I'm sure Unnie knows that Lisa. But just wait for us to get to our rooms and talk to her later." She adviced. I nodded softly and try to control myself. I'm just so worried about her. She feels so distant to me lately. She doesn't want to talk to me about her problems and she keeps shrugging me off. It feels like I did something wrong and I have no clue what it was.

I hope she'll handle herself well in our performance later. I will look after her and make sure that she can rely on me like Jisoo. 

 

We went to the event later that night and starts performing on stage. We sing our songs and it feels so good to see the audience enjoy our performance. I spare a glance at Jennie occasionally to check if she's doing alright. She looks tired but I think she feels much better now. Jisoo must've taken good care of her earlier.

We started talking to the audience and when it was my turn to speak, I suddenly forgets the Japanese sentence that I memorized earlier and stammers. I nervously look over the staff at the side and hesitate. Then I heard Jennie speaks, continuing my sentence and saving me from further embarrassment. Jisoo just laughs lightly while I felt Chaeyoung's hand pulls me to my position. We continue our performance after that and head back to the hotel after the show. I want to talk to Jennie that night but she dismissed me again and said that she's already exhausted. I didn't insist any further cause I don't want to stress her out. I just decided to share my problems with Chaeyoung and ask for her advice.  

"I mean, I always give her everything she wants. I always makes an effort for her. Give her all my time and attention. I'm trying to be the best girlfriend she could wished for but still, it wasn't enough. I don't know what else to do. She's so hard to read. Her mood swings was giving me a headache." I massaged my temples and reach for the cup of hot chocolate at the table. I took the cup and brought it to my lips before sipping the liquid. 

"Maybe she's on her period again. I think you guys need to communicate more and talk about little things. You need to understand each other and try to solve your problems together." Chaeyoung uttered. 

"Well that's the thing. She doesn't wants to open up to me so I am clueless about her problems. It feels like she doesn't trust me. Like she's not comfortable sharing things with me. She feels more at ease sharing things to Jisoo and I felt a bit hurt at that." I looked down sadly and play with my fingers.

"Lisa that's not true. Jennie trust you too. Maybe she just want some space or something. When was the last time you guys had a decent conversation anyway? When did she started acting strange towards you?" She asked curiously. I sighed deeply and meet her gaze.

"We facetimed each other when she was in Paris three days ago. She was so happy that night and she couldn't stop talking about the beautiful places that she visited while she was there. She was so excited and she even wished that I was there with her. I felt happy for her as well and promise that we'll go there together in the future." I begun.

"I waited for her to return the next day and felt excited at her arrival. I even asked you what flowers to give her when she arrives." I continued. Chaeyoung nodded at that.

"I remember. You bought a bouquet of red roses for her right?" 

"Yup. I was so excited to give her a surprise. I even prepare a dinner date for us. I set up everything. I asked my mom to help me cook Jennie's favorite dish cause I know that she missed them when she was in Paris. But you know what happened?" I paused and chuckle bitterly. Rosé just gave me a symphatetic look. She knows what happened that night cause we are living in the same house. I'm sure she overheard our fight. 

"I welcomed her with joy and excitedly showed her my surprise when you guys left us to go to your rooms. I expected a good reaction from her but she didn't say anything after seeing my surprise. She just ignore the efforts that I made and started acting coldly towards me. I snapped and start a fight with her. We had an argument and ended the night by ignoring each other's presence. That's what we always do when we have a fight. We just sleep on it and worry about things the next day." Chaeyoung nodded and continue to listen to my story. 

"We try to fix things the day after that. We apologized to each other but I could feel that something has changed. I couldn't tell what it was but that's when I notice that she started acting strange towards me. She was stoic when we were having a conversation and I feel like she becomes reserved. I really don't know what's happening with her." I scratched my head and frowned. 

"Now she's sick and all I want is to stay by her side and take care of her. But she wouldn't let me do that and deny me again." I sighed deeply and lean back at the headboard of the bed. Chaeyoung jumps off her bed and sits next to me. She pats my shoulder and gives me a gentle smile. 

"It's okay Lis.. Maybe she's just going through something right now and she's not sharing her problems to you cause she doesn't want you to worry about her. She really cares about you. I mean, look what she did earlier, you forgot your lines and she immediately comes to the rescue. She's so good in speaking Japanese." Chaeyoung said softly and brush my hair with her fingers. I turned towards her and speaks. 

"But I want her to share everything with me. I'm her girlfriend. Her problem is my problem too. I'll help her in any way that I can. She just has to let me. To trust me. To believe in me too. I promise to do everything for her Chaeng." I said sincerely.  

I never thought that being in a relationship is hard. You never know what to expect. There are good times and sometimes there are bad times too. Our relationship gets stronger because we are both willing to understand mistakes and learn how to forgive each other after every fights. I know that I should just give her time and respect her decisions but I couldn't stop having bad feelings about her actions. I don't want to overthink but it feels like she's slowly slipping away from me. I'm scared that we're going through that phase where the other person gets tired and just falls out of love. Is that gonna happen to us? Does she have any plans to leave me soon?  

I shook my heard at the absurd thought. It's been three days since that day. Just three days. Jennie might be treating me this way for some reason but she'll always love me. She'll never leaves me. I trust her and her love for me. 

 

*Next day*

We are now back in Korea and Jennie still feels sick. She was wearing a black newsboy cap, black sweater and loose jeans. Her face was covered with a face mask. We had a meeting with Sajangnim earlier and he discuss our upcoming schedules for this month. He also told us to start preparing for our upcoming two-nights concert in Seoul and remind us to stay focused all the time. He gives us some advice and dismiss us after that. Jennie wants to stay in her parents house and Manager Cha drives the car towards the place. I felt a bit sad when I heard her say that. I really want to talk to her today and sort things out between us but it seems like she was still trying her best to distant herself from me. I don't want to assume about things but I couldn't help it. It was just too obvious. 

Chaeyoung spare a glance at me when she noticed my disappointment and squeeze my hand to comfort me. I turned my head towards her and fake a smile. After a couple of minutes, the car stops and Jennie gets off the van and bid us goodbye. Jisoo was about to close the door when I decided to stop her and follow Jennie outside. I stood up from my seat and quickly gets off the van. Manager Cha gives me a curious look but I ignored him. Jisoo and Chaeyoung shared a worried look but say nothing. 

"Jennie wait." I touched her arm and she turns to face me. Her eyes widen a little when she saw me. She spare a glance at the van a few meters away from us and speaks. 

"Why did you follow me?" She asked coldly and I flinched a bit at her tone. I swallow the lump in my throat before answering.

"I just want to check if you're alright. Do you still have a fever?" I lifted my hand and place it on her forehead but she quickly shove it away and meet my gaze.

"I'll be fine. I told you to stop worrying about me." She said seriously. I nodded in defeat and looked down.

"I'm sorry I just.. I can't help it. You look tired and awful." I said truthfully. Her brow raised at that.

"How can you tell? I'm wearing a face mask. You can't even see my face." She reasoned.

"I can read you based on your body language and it obviously says that you're still unwell. You can't hide things from me Jennie." I replied in serious tone. Jennie averted her gaze upon hearing that. She bit her lip and nodded.

"If that's what you think then fine. I admit it. I still feel sick and dizzy. Now if you'll excuse me, I better get going now." She turns to leave but I tugged her hand and pulls her into an embrace. I felt her body stiffened at my touch. I tightened my hold into her body and bury my face to her shoulder.

"Lisa what are you doing?" I heard Jennie asked in panic. 

"Promise me that you'll take some rest while you're here. I'm sure your mom will take good care of you but please don't be stubborn and give yourself a break. Skip the rehearsals tomorrow if you still feels ill. Don't push yourself too much Jennie. I hate seeing you suffer." I murmured and rubs circles on her back. Jennie sighed deeply and I felt her nodded her head.

"Okay. I got it. I promise I'll be fine." She answered and pulls back from the embrace. Her gaze soften when she looks at me and patted my shoulder. 

"Take care of yourself too." She said and I nodded my head and lean in to kiss her forehead but she quickly back away from me and place her hands in my shoulder to stop me. I gave her a confused look but she just refuse to meet my gaze again. 

"Goodbye Lisa." She said quietly and turns to leave before I could even protest. She hurriedly walk inside the house and never look back. 

"Lisa." I heard Manager Cha's voice from behind snapping me from my trance. I turn to face him and saw him waiting for me outside the van. I walk towards him and he opens the door for me. I get inside the car and sits next to Chaeyoung. 

"I think he saw everything. He followed you outside." C

Please log in to read the full chapter