Trials and Tribulations

Loving You
Please log in to read the full chapter

"Chaeyoung-ah! Chaeyoung-ah!" I run inside Rose's room and found her sitting on her bed. I approaches her and sits beside her. Rosé gives me a curious look and removes her headphones. 

"Cheong-ah, unnie is missing! We need to find her! Help me!" I said seriously but Rosé just gives me a blank face. 

"What do you mean she's missing? I saw her with Dalgom outside earlier." Rosé replied boredly and was about to wear her headphones again but I pull her hand and leads her outside the room. 

"Yah! Lalisa! What is your problem? I don't have time for this!" Rosé complained but I ignored her and get the note from Jisoo on top of the table. 

"Read this. I think it was for you." I handed her the envelope and Rosé curiously looks at me before taking the letter. I watches her as she opens the letter and reads it in silence. 

"I hate riding bikes but if you find me, I might consider riding one." 😉 --- Chu

"What is she up to? Does she want me to play hide and seek with her?" Rosé giggles amusingly while I just shrugged as an answer. 

"What are you waiting for? Go ahead and find your girl then." I suggested and pushed her towards the door. 

"Wait Lisa. What if I don't find her? Are you going to help me? You know where she is right? Is this your idea?" Rosé faced me and gives me a serious look. I smiled and shook my head. 

"All of this was her idea. But I'm the one who told her to give you a surprise." I admitted and Rosé just nodded her head. 

"You guys are weird." She commented. 

"Nope. We're sweet and romantic." I grinned. Rosé shook her head and gets her bike. She found another note attached on the bike that says:

"I want to walk hand-in-hand while watching beautiful autumn leaves with you. Where can we do that though?" 😕 -- Chu 

Rosé gives me a small smile and bids me goodbye. 

"Where are you going?" I asked curiously. 

"She's at the park. I'll meet her there." Rosé said enthusiastically while holding her bike. 

"Wait. Are you sure? The weather's a bit hot outside and I think you should call manager oppa first before heading out." I stopped her. 

"I'll be fine don't worry." She quickly gets her cap and mask and wears it. 

"Goodluck." I said before she could leave and she just smiled at me in return. 

 

Rosé heads towards the nearby park while riding her bike. The people didn't recognize her because she was wearing a mask and cap as a disguise. She scans the area hoping to find Jisoo there. She spent minutes circling around the place but Jisoo is still nowhere to be found. She stops in front of a huge tree and rest under the shades. The weather is hot and Rosé regrets that she didn't put on sunscreen before heading out. She was about to give up to her task and calls Jisoo's phone when she heard a music playing somewhere. She stood up and look for the source and found the commotion a few meters away from her. A band was playing one of her favorite song 'the robbers' by 1975 and people gathered around to watch the performance. She approaches them too and join the crowd. 

She thought that the band was great and sing along with the people. 

"I'll give you one more time.. We'll give you one more fight.. Just said one more line.. 
There'll be a riot, 'cause I know you~" Rosé sings and starts jamming with the people. What she didn't know is that Jisoo was standing across from her and watching her every move through her camera. Jisoo is wearing a mask and a cap too. She enjoys watching Rosé through her lens and seeing her happy makes her happy too. Rosé was too busy singing to the song with her eyes closed. When she opens them, she immediately notices the girl with the camera that was standing a few meters away from her. She blushed upon realizing that the girl's camera was pointing at her. 

The girl puts her camera down and Rosé gasps when their gaze meets. She smiles when she realizes that it was Jisoo. Jisoo smiled back and waves at her. Rosé laughs and waves back. 

The song ended and everyone clapped. People praised the band for their awesome performance. Rosé runs towards Jisoo and stops in front of her girlfriend. She removes her mask and Jisoo did the same.

"I'm glad you've found me. Congratulations Pasta. You did a great job." Jisoo patted her head and Rosé just smiles at her. 

"Where's my prize?" Rosé asked expectantly. Jisoo looks around them and spotted Manager Jung at the side. He approaches them and handed Jisoo the gifts. Jisoo took it and thanked him. Then, she offered it to Rosé.

"Pink roses for you and a cute little gift." Jisoo took out the bear-like figurine with roses printed on it. Rosé gasps when she saw the gift and immediately hugs Jisoo.

"Oh my God! This is so cute. I love this Chu! Where did you bought it?" Rosé squealed in delight.

"I ordered it online. I'm glad you loved it Pasta." Jisoo holds her hand and intertwine their fingers together. 

"Let's go grab something to eat." Jisoo suggested but Rose stops her.

"Wait Chu. Can we stroll around here first?" Rose asked expectantly. Jisoo looks at their manager and gets the bike that Rose was holding.

"Okay. But I don't want to ride this." Jisoo agreeds and walks over towards their manager and gives him the bike.

The two bids him goodbye and walks hand in hand towards the park.

"So.. Why did you suddenly gives me a surprise Chu?" Rosè smiles and faced her. Jisoo smiles back at her as they continue to walk slowly.

"We're so busy these days because of our upcoming concert and I just want us to hang out and spend time with each other. I kind of miss going out on dates with you." Jisoo admitted truthfully. Rose blushed at the confession and squeezes Jisoo's hand.

"I missed this too.We always see each other everyday but I feel like it's not enough. If I have given a chance, I would like to travel to beautiful places with you. I want to have fun and just be free. Just enjoy every moment." Rose confessed and Jisoo nodded at that.

"Lisa said that I need to step up my game cause Halsey might steal you away from me so.. I guess this is a point for me right? Jisoo-1, Halsey-0." Jisoo cheerfully announced and Rose laughs.

"Why are you competing with Halsey? She doesn't even know me Chu." Rose shakes her head while laughing. 

"She followed your account a few months ago and she commented on your post the other day. She even wrote 'You are super cute' in Korean just to impress you." Jisoo pouted and looks away. Rosè smiles and thinks that Jisoo's reaction was so adorable.

"But she said that she was just being nice. I actually feels really flattered that she noticed someone like me. It's an honor." Rosè said and looks at Jisoo's face. Jisoo is still frowning so she leans in and peck Jisoo's cheek. Jisoo gasps and stops at her tracks to face her. Rose just smiles at her while Jisoo blushed.

"Don't do something like that in public Pasta. Someone might see us and recognize our face." Jisoo panickly says and looks around them. Good thing no one spare them a glance cause the people are busy minding their own business.

"Relax Chu. It's fine." Rose says and smiles giddily.

"Why are you smiling? I'm being serious here." Jisoo stated and Rose just shakes her head.

"You're being adorable Chu. I like seeing you flustered." Jisoo gaped at her and Rose laughs at her face. Rosè pulls her hand and they started walking again.

The two enjoy strolling the park while taking pictures of each other. Rosé was so happy that day that she even posted Jisoo's gifts in her IG story.

 

*Back at the dorm*

I was busy watching the episode of Real Men that I missed the other night when my door suddenly opens and Jennie walks inside the room. She sat on the bed in front of me and I heard her sighs. I ignore her presence and pretends that she wasn't there.

"Are you still mad? Why are you ignoring me?" I heard her asked even if I am wearing headphones. I focus my attention on the screen and tried my best not to look at her. Jennie was still wearing her black pj's and her hair was a mess but she looks gorgeous as always.

I felt her shifted in her seat and moves closer to me. This time, I lifted my head up and looks at her. Our gaze locked and she slowly reach her hands up to my face. I raised a brow at her action and realize that she was just trying to remove my headphones. I grab her wrist to stop her before she could successsfully remove it from my ears. She gasps at the action and speaks.

"I want us to talk. Listen to me." She said and was about to move her other hand but I grab it too and gives her a serious look.

"Not now Jennie. I'm busy." I replied coldly and put her hands down. I saw her bit her lip and contemplated what to do next.

"You should eat breakfast. We have rehearsals at 9 and you have to start preparing now before Manager Cha comes here." I suggested but Jennie just remain silent while looking down at her hands.

She looks like a sad little cat but I resist the urge to wrap my arms around her and comfort her even though it was too hard to do. I know that I'm still annoyed at her for what she did but I have this soft spot for her that I want to just forget why I was acting all cold at her in the first place.

I closed my eyes and facepalms. She is making this hard for me.

Jennie breaks the silence and speaks.

"I know that what I did was wrong but I thought I don't need to ask for your permission cause I'm your girlfriend. I just want to make blinks happy cause they really missed you. Is there something wrong with that?" She muttered and looks at me.

I remove my headphones and pretended that I didn't hear what she said.

"What? Did you say something?" I asked seriously. Jennie huffs at that and rolls her eyes.

"Why are you being like this? I just want us to talk seriously Lisa. Why don't you listen to me? You're making a big deal out of small things." Jennie crossed her arms over her chest and I think she looks pissed at me right now.

"And I said not now cause I'm busy. You're not listening to me too." I replied.

"How can we solve our problems if you're avoiding it? I know that you're still mad at me so stop acting like this. Show me how you truly feel." Jennie challenged.

"You're right. I'm still annoyed at you so please Jennie, give me space and leave me alone." I said authoritatively but Jennie just shook her head.

"I'm not gonna leave unless you agreed to talk first." Jennie stubbornly says. I bit my lip and run my fingers through my hair out of frustration.

"Jennie just leave. I don't have the energy to argue with you this early." I said and stood up to open my door but Jennie blocks my way and holds my wrist.

"No." She says and I get surprised when she pulls my hand and pushed me back to the bed. My back hit the mattress and before I can recover from the shock, she straddled my lap and pushed my shoulders down.

"Talk to me Lisa. Please." Jennie softly said and I just lay there wide eyes with her on top of me. 

We stare at each other for a moment before she decided to break the silence and speaks.

"You're a coward." She muttered and get off me.

"Excuse me?" I asked and sits up on the bed.

"I said that you're a coward Lisa. You always keep your problems to yourself and even though it was so obvious that you're angry, you're too much of a wuss to tell me how you truly feel." Jennie stated and shakes her head.

"Don't call me that. I just don't want to talk to you while I'm mad cause I don't want to say something that I might regret." I explained.

"You're just making an excuse. You're still a coward to me." Jennie argued. I huffed and stood up from my seat.

"I said stop calling me that. What do you want from me Jennie? Stop pushing my buttons." I said seriously. I don't want to start an argument with her cause I know once we start fighting, it will take a while for us to stop. We won't make it to rehearsals in time.

"I just want us to talk about the matter. I know that it was wrong for me to use your phone without permission but I just want to update your IG cause you've been inactive for days. I have good intentions but the way you reacted yesterday was too much. You look so defensive and guilty. If you're not hiding anything then why wouldn't you even let me use your phone?" Jennie retorted.

"So now you're making this about me? Of course I would flip. I just saw you snooping and you want me to react nicely?" I retorted back.

"You don't have to act so defensive and suspicious though. It's like you don't want me to see something on your phone." Jennie argued.

"What are you talking about? I got pissed because you're invading my privacy. I still don't get why you always think that I would lie to you and cheat on you Jennie. I never do things that could make you feel unloved. I always show you how much you mean to me. That you're the only one. Why are you acting like this?" I asserted.

"Because I know that you're hiding things from me! Rosie told me that you'd hang out with Bambam and some of s the other day. Some of them courted you before. They might still have feelings for you but you still chose to go with them and lie to me. You said that you were with your Thai friends. Why would you do something like that? And now you're asking me why I can't seem to trust you?!" Jennie asked in annoyance. 

"I was really with my Thai friends when you called so that's what I told you. I was surprised when Jackson and the others came and joined us. I didn't mention them because they just played one game and left after. I never even interacted with them because I was busy talking with Bambam and Sorn. Why are you making a big deal out of that?" I asked completely irritated.

"That still don't change the fact that you're hiding things from me. I bet that you have tons of secret that you don't want to tell me." Jennie replied.

"Jeez, stop assuming about things Jennie. Why are you being so unfair? You never even let me use your phone before too. I never said anything when you sometimes hang out with your friends and gets home drunk. I never said anything when you would leave the house without telling us where you were going. I never said anything when you received gifts from someone I don't have idea who. Cause you know why Jennie? Because I trust you. I trust you so much that even if I was so damn worried about you, I believe that you won't fail me. That you wouldn't do something to hurt me." I confessed and look straight into her eyes. Jennie bites her lip and looks away.

"But even after everything you're still doubting me. I was so tired of proving myself to you Jennie. I hate it that you're always so controlling and insecure!" I said exasperatedly. Jennie gasps at that and crossed her arms over her chest.

"What did you just call me?" She asked in disbelief. I didn't answer her and just shakes my head. It makes Jennie even more pissed off.

"I am asking you a question!" Jennie huffed.

"And I'm just telling you the truth! You always act like a jealous, clingy and insecure girlfriend and it's annoying Jennie! I just don't know if I can take it anymore!" I blabbered unconsciously without thinking.

Jennie's eyes went wide at that. Then she nodded her head and looks at me seriously.

"You think you're the only one who feels that way? I was tired of worrying about you too. I was tired of seeing you flirt with other girls behind my back. I was tired of competing with everyone for your attention. I was tired of pretending like I don't care about you in front of our manager. I was tired of hiding our relationship from my close friends. I was so tired of everything Lisa. You don't know that I was so frustrated about these things.." Jennie confessed and I saw tears form in her eyes. I avoided her gaze and looks down guiltily.

"I have to admit, I wasn't completely be honest with you too Lisa. There are some things that I still haven't tell you yet but I know that I never did something that could tear us apart. That I would never purposely hurt you." Jennie admitted. 

"I was like that too Jennie. You always think that I was flirting with other girls when in fact, I was just being friendly to them. I never look at them like how I looked at you. They never even cross my mind cause there's only you Jennie. I don't know why you always give meaning to my relationship with other people. Jackson, Kei and the others are all just my friends. I thought you'll understand me cause you have friends that are close to you too. Like Chahee, Irene and Dony. I never told you but I sometimes gets jealous to them as well. But you know that I never overreacted or accuse you of cheating with me. Ever." I reasoned. 

"Then that means both of us are hiding some things to each other. That both of us breaks our promise of not lying to each other and be completely honest with everything all this time." Jennie concluded disappointedly. 

"I guess we really can't completely be honest with each other. Because sometimes we had to lie just to avoid causing problems and save the othe

Please log in to read the full chapter