Concert

Loving You
Please log in to read the full chapter

Jennie and I decided to visit her parents tonight because it's been a week since she last saw them. Unlike me, who's always paying them a visit this past few days. I go there every other night and make sure to bond with her father. He's still treating me like a stranger and I could see that he still don't trust me. I'm always trying my best to initiate a conversation whenever I had the chance but he's always giving me short replies or sometimes he's just pretending that he didn't hear me and just ignore my whole presence. Jennie's mom was the complete opposite. She's been very supportive and welcoming since the beginning. She's treating me like her daughter and she always gives me advice on how to win her husband's approval. She's so nice to me and I'm really happy and thankful for that. She even ask me about our relationship when I last visited their house and trust me, I felt like I was being grilled that time. I felt so embarrassed with some of her questions. It was so awkward and I swear, I was blushing the whole time.

"I'm glad you made it. You're just in time for dinner. Come in." Mrs. Kim said after giving us a hug. We smiled at her and follow her as she led us inside their home.

"Jennie." Mr. Kim said when he looked up from his desk. He stood up and walked towards his daughter. He engulfed her into a hug and I saw Jennie relaxed into his embrace.

"I'm glad to see you again dad. I miss you." Jennie muttered and look up to see his face. 

"Me too. Your mom and I miss you princess." He replied softly and kiss her head. Jennie smiled and we all head towards the dining room.

I sit beside Jennie while her parents are sitting across from us. The maid serves the food and we started to eat silently. It was a comfortable silence and I'm actually happy that I get the chance to join their family for dinner tonight. I spare a glance at Jennie and she exactly did the same and look at me. We stare lovingly into each other and I tried to reach for her hand to hold but I was interrupted when Mrs. Kim suddenly speaks.

"You both can stay here for the night. I will tell Mrs.Oh to prepare your room." she proposed and I saw Mr. Kim raised his brow. He look into his wife disapprovingly and shook his head.

"I will let our daughter sleep here but I will not let her sleep with her in her room. Tell Mrs. Oh to prepare the guest room for her." He said sternly and his wife scoffed. 

"No. They will stay in the same room tonight. I'm sure Jennie will be very happy to show Lisa her room." she argued and drink her juice. Mr. Kim put his fork down and gave her a piercing glare.

"Have you forgotten that they're in a relationship? I don't want them to share the same room or bed." He retorted but Mrs. Kim refuse to back down. She face him and glared at him too.

"What's the problem with that? They've been living together for more than five years now and I'm sure they already slept together before so what's the big deal? I can't understand why you're making a fuss over it." She replied seriously and he just shook his head in disagreement.

"You don't understand. I don't want our daughter to take anyone in her room. She's not allowed to bring someone into that room. I don't want her to share a room with our daughter. We have a guest room and I think Lisa will be more comfortable when she sleeps there." He reasoned and gave me a sharp gaze. I gulped nervously and felt my hands start sweating. This is the first time he called me by my name and I swear, it sounded so creepy.

Mrs. Kim was about to retort back but Jennie beat her to it.

"Dad, stop treating me like a kid. I'm an adult now. I'm not in high school anymore. I think I have a right to decide for myself. I know you just want to protect me but I assure you, you have nothing to worry about. You can trust Lisa." Jennie said sincerely and Mrs. Kim nodded in agreement.

"She's right. Lisa is a good girl and she makes our daughter happy. She has a good manners and is very charming. She's so adorable and respectful. I don't know why it's so hard for you to trust her. Why are you so against their relationship? Give her a chance, hon." Mrs. Kim reasoned and squeeze his hand. I feel so overwhelmed cause of her words and gave her a genuine smile.

Mr. Kim sighed and look at me.

"I can't. She's a girl." He said firmly and Mrs. Kim scowled.

"Is that your only reason? Because she's a girl or there's more?" Mrs. Kim asked curiously and he just ignored her and continued eating his food.

I took a deep breath and gather my thoughts. I know I'm trying so hard to bond with him this past few days but I believe that we still didn't got the chance to talk to each other about my relationship with her daughter. And I think that I have to let him know my thoughts too.

I stood up from my chair and all of them turned towards me. Jennie worriedly look at me but I just gave her a reassuring smile.

"Mr. Kim. I want you to know that I really respect you. You are such a good father and husband to your family and I know how much your daughter and wife loves you." I started and I saw him gave me a very serious look. I heave a deep breath and meet his gaze. 

"And.. I want you to know that I feel very lucky that I've got a chance to meet your amazing daughter. I understand your concern for her and to our relationship but I want you to know that I'm very sincere about my feelings for her. I have good intentions. I assure you that, sir. I promise that I will never hurt her or make her cry. I will always protect her and make sure that she will always be happy when she's with me. Yes, we're both girls but that can't stop me from loving her. Please give me a chance to prove to you how much she means to me sir.'' I said sincerely and bow my head low at him. Jennie and her mother gasped and I felt Jennie's hand on my arm.

"You don't need to do this." she muttered and I just gave her a small smile.

I heard her father sighed and stood up from his seat. I look up at him and saw him looking at me sternly.

"Fine. I will let you sleep in my daughter's room tonight." He said and started walking towards the door. Jennie hugged me and I thanked him. He stopped at the door and glance towards us.

"And about giving you a chance, I can't promise anything but I will try." He said and gave me a small nod. I smiled widely and bow my head again.

"Thank you sir." I replied happily.

After that dinner, Jennie excitedly showed me her room upstairs. We walked inside the room and my eyes roamed around the place. I saw some pictures in the wall and I realize that they were all taken when she was just a kid. I walk towards it and stare at the pictures one by one. Jennie was just silently observing me while sitting on her bed. I take the picture where she was holding a huge basket while pouting cutely. I smiled and spare a glance at Jennie.

"Can you give me this picture? I want to keep it." I smiled and showed her the picture. She just pouted and started to speak.

"Why did you chose that? I look hilarious in that picture." she muttered and I just smirked at her.

"That's not true. You actually look so cute in this picture." I argued and scan through the pictures again. I took the frame where there's a picture of her and her parents. They look so happy together. They're like a perfect family. I don't want their relationship to get strain because of me. I don't want to ruin the perfect bond that they have.

I jumped a little when I felt Jennie's arms wrap around me. I sighed and put my hand on top of her hand and caress it. She rested her chin on my shoulder and speaks.

"What's wrong?" she asked quietly and I just shook my head.

"Nothing." I answered and she just scoffed.

"Stop lying. You look worried about something. Please tell me what it is." she replied and hug me more tightly. I just smiled and turns to face her. She look up at me expectantly and caress my cheek.

"I know that you're worried about my father. I'm sorry if I can't even do anything to change his mind." she apologized and look into my eyes sincerely.

"Hey, you don't have to apologize. I have to admit, I'm really worried about something. I'm really worried that your relationship with your father will change because of me. Jennie, promise me that you will never hate him. Even if he doesn't support our relationship till the end. Promise me that you will always love him and your relationship with him will stay the same forever." I said sincerely while Jennie just narrowed her eyes at me.

"Why do you sound so depressing? I think you're overthinking about things Lisa. Stop worrying about anything." Jennie said and pulled me into a hug. I sighed and relaxed to her embrace. I pulled her closer to me and we stayed in that position for awhile.

The door suddenly clicked and we immediately pull away from each other. Her mom walk inside the room while holding two glasses of milk. She handed it to us and gave us an apologetic smile.

"Your father want me to give it to you before you sleep and he said to keep your door open." Mrs. Kim said and I saw Jennie rolled her eyes.

"Mom like I said earlier, we're not on high school anymore. And why is dad so strict and old-fashioned? I told him to stop treating me like a 3-yr. old kid. To be honest, it's getting really annoying." she pouted and crossed her arms over her chest. I just chuckled at her actions. She doesn't know that she's actually acting like a kid right now, huh?

"Just try to understand him okay? You're our only daughter. We just want to protect you all the time." Her mom said and pulled her into a hug. I just smiled at the sight.

 

*Next day*

"Guys look at these!" I excitedly said and showed Chaeyoung and Jisoo the tickets in my hand.

"What is that?" Jisoo asked curiously and starts eating her pizza.

"These tickets are for the concert tonight. I heard that Jennie was planning to go with her friend Chahee and I want us to surprise her and go see the concert too!" I said enthusiastically and Chaeyoung squealed.

"Oh my god. Lisa, don't tell me you're t

Please log in to read the full chapter