Special Day

Loving You
Please log in to read the full chapter

We just finished rehearsing at the studio and the four of us decided to stop at an ice cream shop. Jennie and I are sitting next to each other while Jisoo and Rosé are sitting across from us. This past two weeks have been pretty exhausting because we've been going in and out of the country. We filmed our home party in Japan last week and made appearances to different events to promote our repackage album. I love Japan and their food especially sushi but sometimes when I'm in there, I can't help but missed korean food like kimchi. The moment we arrived back to Korea yesterday, we all decided to eat our favorite kimchi fried rice. It was always nice to go back home.

Jennie took out her phone and started taking pictures of the both of us together. We pose for the camera while we're waiting for our orders. Chaeyoung was busily typing on her phone while Jisoo was just silently observing her every move. I don't know what's up with them but, I feel like they've become awkward towards each other. I noticed their strange behavior a week ago but I decided to ignore it and shrug it off. Maybe they had a fight again. 

Our order came and we all gasped in awe at the mouth-watering dessert in front of us. I ordered chocolate ice cream while Jennie ordered of course, her favorite milk-flavored. Jisoo's ice cream is vanilla while Chaeyoung's mango flavored. We all start eating in silence until Chaeyoung decides to start a conversation.

"Where are you guys going after this? Today is your second monthsary as a couple right? Happy monthsary to you two!" she cheered and greeted us. Jennie and I gave her a smile while Jisoo cheered too.

"Ppoong! Ppoong! Ppoong!" she said and we all just laughed in amusement.

"We will go shopping and have lunch together. We will also going to watch a movie and visit an art museum." Jennie answered and Chaeyoung squealed.

"Aww~ that's sweet! I'm happy for you guys!" Chaeyoung remarked and Jisoo chimed in.

"Do you want to go with them? I think it will be great if we join them in celebrating their special day." Jisoo proposed and looked at her expectantly. Rosé spare her a quick glance and shook her head.

"I can't unnie. I'm meeting a friend today. We decided to have lunch together later." Rosé said apologetically and Jisoo just nodded meekly.

"Oh really? Okay, Have fun then." Jisoo muttered disappointedly and Chaeyoung just awkwardly gaze towards her.

"You can still join them if you want. I'm sure Jennie-unnie and Lisa will let you tag along with them." Rosé said sincerely and try to make her feel better.

"But we don't need a third-- Jennie cut me off before I could finish my sentence.

"Of course it's all right. Feel free to join us unnie. I'm sure we will have more fun if you're with us. Right, Lisa?" Jennie turns to me and ask me expectantly. I just pouted at her.

"But today was suppose to be our day together. Why do we--- I was about to argue but Jennie gave me a piercing gaze so I immediately nodded my head defeatedly.

"Yeah. You're right. The more, the merrier." I fake a smile and Jennie just patted my head.

"Good. Now it's settled. You're coming with us unnie." Jennie said happily while Jisoo was just staring at her blankly.

Looks like she's not in a mood anymore because Chaeyoung said she couldn't come with us. Minutes later, Chaeyoung bid us a goodbye and says that she'll have to leave now cause her friend was waiting for her. She rushed outside the shop and grab a cab. Manager-unnie go with her and we are all watching her through the window till the car drove off. Jisoo heave a deep breath and slumped in her chair.

"Are you okay Jisoo-unnie?" Jennie worriedly asked and squeezed Jisoo's hand on top of the table. She just nodded in response and started eating her ice cream again. I just looked between them back and forth then I decided to speak.

"What is happening guys? I feel like something's going on and I don't even have an idea what it was." I asked confusedly and Jisoo just raised a brow at me.

"Chaeyoung didn't tell you?" Jisoo asked and I just my head to the side confusedly.

"What? What do you mean? Did something happen between you and Chaeng? Wait, don't tell me you said something to make her feel bad? Is that the reason why she was acting cold and distant?" I questioned and waited for Jisoo's answer.

"Jisoo-unnie told me everything and I think it was really all her fault. I can understand why Chaeyoung was acting awkwardly towards her. All of this must've been hard to her." Jennie said seriously and I can't help but be curious even more.

"Can someone please explain to me what exactly happened? Did she got turned off because you smell like Dalgom? I told you before not to hug your dog too much unnie. I think his smell is rubbing off on you now." I remarked and Jisoo just glared at me. Jennie hit my arm lightly and chuckled.

Jisoo rolled her eyes at me and speaks.

"Yeah I know I'm stupid and such a coward. I don't deserve her." Jisoo muttered sadly while I was just gaping at her. What is she talking about? I'm lost. I can't relate.

Jennie suddenly feed me with her ice cream and I got surprised a little at the sudden gesture. And the ice cream's pretty cold! I just looked at her weirdly and she just giggled.

"Sorry. It was just that, your mouth was hanging open so I just decided to give you a chance to taste my ice cream. So, how was it?" Jennie asked sweetly and smiled. I gave her a thumbs-up and smiled back. I scoop a portion of my ice cream and feed her too.

"Here, try tasting mine. It was pretty good too." I said and feed her. She just nodded approvingly after eating the ice cream.

"It was good. But I still think mine was better. Try it again." she argued and took another spoonful of milk ice cream. I eat it and hummed in delight.

"You're right. Yours is better. Can we exchange our ice creams? I want yours!" I whined and tried to reach for her ice cream but she just move her cup away from me.

"Nope. If you want this flavor then you should've ordered this one." she argued but I just pouted.

"But I didn't know that it tasted much better. Come on, just give me yours!" I said and reached for it again but she just hold both of my wrist to stop my hands. I squirmed but she just tightened her hold.

"No. Just buy your own!" she said and looked into my eyes sternly. Our face was just a few inches from each other so I  just smirked and stare at her lips. She noticed and I saw her cheeks redden. She unconsciously bit her lip and I looked back to meet her eyes. We are gazing into each other's eyes lovingly when Jisoo suddenly cleared to get our attention. We both turn our heads towards her when she speaks.

"Hello? I'm still here guys. Jeez, you got lost into your own world filled with unicorns and rainbows again. I thought I've become invisible for a moment there. Did you guys actually forget my presence? I swear, I feel like I was watching a show with the title; who's the biggest flirt of them all." she rambled and I just chuckled amusingly. Jennie just ignored her and sighed.

"Anyways, you still didn't tell me what happened between you and Chaeyoung." I remembered and looked at Jisoo expectantly. 

She took a deep breath and started telling me the story behind their strange acts towards each other.

After a few minutes..

"What?! Are you an idiot Jisoo-yah? So you're telling me that she confessed her feelings for you and you replied thank you?" I asked in disbelief and Jisoo just nodded.

"Yeah. I'm really stupid right?"

"So she said she loves you and you answered thank you?" I asked again and Jisoo just nodded umperceptibly.

"Chaeyoung said she loves you and you said thank you?" I repeated again just to make sure and I heard Jennie scoffed beside me.

"How many times do you have to repeat that question? To be honest, you sounded like a broken record and it's getting really annoying. I swear, if you try to repeat that again, I'll make sure that I will slap you in the face using this spoon." she ranted threateningly and I just raised my hands in surrender.

"Sorry. I just got carried away. Why did she do that to my Chipmunk? She hurted her---" Jennie cut me off.

"Excuse me? What did you just say? Your Chipmunk? Since when did Rosé become yours?" Jennie huffed and crossed her arms over her chest. 

I slapped my forehead and immediately speaks.

"No, What I mean to say is, our Chipmunk. Not my Chipmunk. I just got carried away of my emotions that's why I said that. It was a mistake. Forgive me baby.." I said defensively and Jennie just narrowed her eyes at me. I averted my gaze and faced Jisoo.

"Anyways, like what I've asked earlier, why? Why would you treat her like that unnie? I'm sure she feels sad and heartbroken. I mean, it's so hard to confess your feelings to someone. It was nerve-racking. I can't imagine what she might've felt during that time." I said seriously and Jisoo just looked down feeling guilty.

"I know. When she finally said those words to me, I suddenly felt euphoria and I was frozen at my spot. I was caught off guard. I freaked out inside and my mind just went blank. I'm shocked and didn't know what to do. Then fear starts crawling in and before I knew it, I already thanked her and engulfed her into a tight hug. I was tongue-tied after that. We were so quiet during the whole ride back. That's when I realized that I screwed up. Big time." Jisoo said seriously.

"I spent days thinking and reflecting about everything that happened. I honestly don't know how it feels like to love someone because I've never been in love before. The feeling terrifies me. I don't want to talk to her when I still have doubts in my mind. I don't want to give her false hopes  and force myself to say those words even if I was still unsure. I don't want her to strung along and hurt her even more." Jisoo continued.

"And after contemplating about everything. After thinking of every possibilities and consequences, I think I'm finally ready to tell her how I truly feel about her." Jisoo smiled genuinely and Jennie and I both sighed in relief.

"I'm glad to hear that unnie. When are you planning to tell her?" Jennie asked curiously.

"I will do it tonight. I told manager-unnie to find a perfect place for us to have dinner date and she said she will take care of it." Jisoo said enthusiastically.

"But what if she refuse to go out with you tonight?" I asked curiously. We have to think about the possibilities.

"If that happens then, you guys will have to help me." Jisoo suggested and we both just smiled as a response.

"Wait, if you're going to tell her how you feel tonight then does that mean that you're finally going to ask her to be your girlfriend too? That's great! We will both have the same monthsary!" I said excitedly and celebrated.

"What? Lisa no. I won't ask her to be my girlfriend tonight. I don't want to rush into things. And 23 is for Jenlisa only okay? I'm sure Chaesoo will have a great number too so.. Let's just wait and see.." Jisoo said smiling.

 

 

After eating our ice cream, the three of us decided to walk through the streets of Hongdae. We are wearing a mask to hide our face. We started taking pictures of all the beautiful things around us.  My mom gave me a new camera when we went to Thailand a few weeks ago and I decided to bring it today. I started taking photos of the clouds, roads and of course, my favorite model, Jennie. She removed her denim jacket and handed it to manager-oppa. He put it inside the van and wait for us there. Jennie

Please log in to read the full chapter