Trials and Tribulations II

Loving You
Please log in to read the full chapter

"Jennie?" He asked in confusion. Jennie bows her head a little as a greeting.

"Jongin oppa."

"I'm surprised to see you here. Are you meeting with someone?" Jongin asked curiously.

"I'm actually waiting for Joohyun-unnie to arrive. The two of us agreed to hang out tonight." Jennie explained but Jongin just looks at her confusedly.

"Are you sure? But I just saw Irene noona at the studio earlier. She was busy practicing new choreography." He said dubiously.

"Really? But she was the one who texted me and asked me to meet up." Jennie answers and takes her phone out. She checks if Irene sent her a message but she still hasn't reply yet to her previous text.

"Wait. I have a bad feeling about this.." He laughs nervously and takes out his phone too. Then he dialled Suho's number and excused himself after putting the children down.The little girl runs towards Jennie's direction and hugs her thigh while the other stays beside his uncle.

Jennie crouches down to face the child.

"Hello. What's your name?" Jennie asked the child. The little girl shyly smiles at her and speaks.

"I'm Rahee." She sweetly responds. Jennie smiled and shakes the kid's hand.

"Hello Rahee. I'm Jennie unnie. Nice to meet you." Jongin spare them a glance and smiled at the sight. He was waiting for Suho to answer the call.

"Come on man.." He murmurs while holding his phone against his ear. He gasps when Suho finally answers.

"Hello? What's up bro! Why did you call? Is there something wrong?" Suho asked on the other line.

"Hyung? Where are you? The kids are waiting for you. You promised to play with them today. Don't tell me you couldn't make it?" Jongin questioned and Suho laughs at that.

"Whoa. How did you know that? I was about to call you and apologize cause something came up and I have to take care of it. Sorry bro. But I promise that I will play with them some other time." Suho sincerely apologized.

"Is that so? Why do I feel like you're up to something again? Hyung, tell me honestly, are you the reason why Jennie is here? I am a frequent visitor at this place and it's my first time seeing her here." Jongin said in suspicion. Suho just chuckled at that.

"What do you mean? I don't really get what you're trying to say." He answered.

"Oh come on! I know that you know what I mean. Did you do something again?" Jongin asked seriously. Suho sighs defeatedly and speaks.

"Okay. Please don't be mad. I admit. I was the one who texted Jennie." He admitted finally. 

"What? How did you manage to do that?" Jongin questioned in disbelief.

"Me and Joohyun bumped into each other at the studio earlier and I suddenly had the idea to set you and Jennie up again on a date so I borrowed Joohyun's phone and texted Jennie to meet up at that place tonight. Joohyun doesn't know about what I did so she's not coming. So make sure to keep Jennie company." Suho suggested enthusiastically.

​​​​​"Why would you do something like this again? I told you before to stop playing the matchmaker." Jongin complained.

"I was just trying to help. Have you forgotten that if it wasn't for the 'first date' that I set up for the two of you that time, you wouldn't even have her precious number now. We were trying to get that since last year. And you know that Jennie rarely interact with guys from different companies.You should actually thank me for this." Suho said proudly.

 "But we've just become friends recently. I don't want to rush things and get to know her more first." Jongin admitted truthfully.

"Sorry bro but I just want to help you cause I think you're too slow. You know that a lot of guys are trying to make a move on her too. You should step up your game and confess how you truly feel about her. Don't waste this opportunity." Suho adviced. Jongin spares a glance at Jennie who's busy talking to his niece.

"I'll do that. But not tonight. Maybe someday when I'm ready." He said while looking at Jennie.

"Kai, you have this huge crush on her since forever. What exactly are you waiting for? The truth is, I'm doing all this cause I want the best for you. I know that you've been through so much and I want to see you fall in love and be happy with someone again. You know I really hope you find a way to win Jennie's heart cause I think the two of you are perfect for each other." Suho said sincerely.

"Kai-ncle! Kai-ncle!" The little girl suddenly called. Jongin looks at the kid's direction and waves at her.

"Hyung, I think I have to end this call now. I think Rahee's hungry already. Let's just talk some other time." 

"Okay. Just give me a call. Goodluck on your date!" Suho cheered enthusiastically and end the call.

Jongin just sighs and approaches Jennie and Rahee while his nephew trailed behind him while clutching his shirt. He then lifts Rahee up and held her in his arms. 

"Come on kids, it's time for us to eat dinner. Kai-uncle will buy all your favorite food." Jongin announced and the two children just smiled in delight. Jongin turns to Jennie and speaks.

​​​"Irene noona is not coming. I called hyung and he admitted that he planned all of this. He confessed that he was the one who texted you using Irene noona's phone. He set us up again and I want to apologize for what he did. I know that you're busy preparing for your solo. I'm really sorry for the inconvenience that he may have caused." Jongin sincerely apologized and bows his head. Jennie gasps and shakes her head in disagreement.

"You don't have to do that. It's not your fault." Jennie replied.

"But I felt responsible for what he's done. Please allow me to make it up to you." Jongin proposed.

"What? You really don't have to oppa. It's---"

"But I will not feel at ease if you leave like this. You haven't eaten dinner yet." Jongin insisted and turns to his niece before speaking again.

"Rahee, would you like Jennie unnie to join us for dinner? It will be nice if we all eat together right?" He asked the kid. Rahee nodded cutely and looks at Jennie with puppy eyes. Jennie just laughs a little and turns to Jongin.

"Are you using your niece to convince me to go with you?" Jongin just smiled and shrugged as an answer.

"Come with us Jennie unnie." Rahee shyly whispered but enough for them to hear. Jennie smiled at the kid and nodded in agreement.

"Okay. Let's go!" She said and offers her hand. Jongin smiled victorously and puts his niece back to the ground. Rahee takes Jennie's hand and they both followed Jongin towards the other room where their table is.

Jongin and Jennie sit across from each other with the children by their side. They ordered food and wait for the waiter to serve them.

Silence filled the room as the two suddenly felt awkward sharing a table together. Jennie Rahee's hair and breaks the silence.

"Your hair is so soft. And you look cute with this hairpin." Jennie complimented the little girl. Jongin cleared his throat to get her attention.

"I was actually the one who bought it. I'm glad it looked good on her." He shared. Jennie nodded and turns to him.

"It's lovely. And I have to say, these children both look so cute. I wanna take them home with me." Jennie said while looking between the two kids.

"You can't do that. My sister will surely kill me." Jongin shakes his head and laughs.

Silence fell between the two again after that. Jongin got too immerse with Jennie's beauty that he didn't realize he was staring at her for too long. Jennie noticed and felt embarrassed that he wasn't saying anything and just looking at her with that serious look on his face. She averted her gaze and turns to Rahee beside her instead. She suddenly feels awkward again.

"Jennie." Jongin called to get her attention.

"What?" Jennie asked.

"You know it feels weird that we are still a bit awkward with each other every time we meet when we've been friends for months now." He admitted.

"Right. And you seem to be different from the guy who was texting me." Jennie confessed.

"I could say the same thing for you. I guess we were more comfortable talking to each other and sharing our thoughts through texts than in person." Jongin concluded.

Their order finally came and they started eating their food in silence. A few minutes have passed before Jongin speaks again.

"I want to change that." He said suddenly. Jennie looks at him confusedly.

"Jennie, I don't want you to feel uncomfortable with my presence. Hyung may have set us up again in a very awkward situation but I will try my best to make this worth your while." Jennie just shakes her head with that.

"Please don't get me wrong but its not I don't feel comfortable around you. This was just too sudden that I didn't know what to say or do. I never expected to meet you up here tonight." Jennie explained.

"I understand. And I remembered that you didn't reply to my text this morning." Jongin smiled a little while Jennie just blushed in embarrassment when she recalled the texts that he sent.

"Good morning Nini! It's been a while since we last saw each other cause we were both pretty busy but I just want to ask if you're free tomorrow?"

​​​​​​"My sister recommended this cool place and I want to check it out with you. I want to spend time with you Nini. Just the two of us." 

Jennie snapped out of her reverie when Jongin speaks.

"To be honest, I was kind of glad that we meet each other tonight and that I can personally ask you. We always hang out with friends when we go out and if it wasn't for what hyung did, I never would've got the chance to spend time with you. You didn't reply to my text so feel free to tell me your answer now." Jongin smiled.

Jennie continued eating and contemplated on what to do. She's been very busy lately preparing for the upcoming release of her debut solo song. She doesn't even have time to hang out with her friends.

"Hyung was always the one who were making an effort for us to meet and hang out. This time, I want to ask you, myself..." Jongin trailed off and takes a deep breath.

"I want to ask if you like to go out on a date with me tomorrow?" Jongin asked nervously and Jennie's eyes widened at that.

"On a date?" Jennie blushed. She didn't expect him to ask her out. She thought it was just a 'friendly get together'.

"Yes. On a date. I've gathered all my courage to finally ask you because if I have to be honest, I feel really connected to you Jennie. I've never felt like this in a long time. I want to talk to you not just through text but by spending time with each other and hanging out. Just the two of us." Jongin confessed.

Jennie looks down and suddenly remembered when the two of them first introduced to each other.

*Flashback*

It was back in August when Jennie and Irene have decided to hang out cause Irene promised Jennie that she will introduce Jennie to her close friends. Jennie was excited and was actually looking forward to their meeting. They were currently waiting for the girls to arrive when someone suddenly approaches their table.

"Joohyun? Is that you?" The guy asked and took off his glasses. Irene looks at the guy and raised a brow.

"Junmyeon? What are you doing here? Are you stalking me?" Irene asks suspiciously. The guy just laughs and throws his head back.

"Excuse me, that's absurd. Why would I even do that? Stop dreaming."  He responded and shook his head. Then he looked over at Jennie and recognize her face.

"You're Jennie from Blackpink right? Wow. You look so pretty even without make up." He said and Jennie felt her cheeks heat up at the compliment. He then offers his hand for a handshake.

"I'm Kim Junmyeon. Do you know Exo? I am the leader of that group. You can call me Suho. It was nice to finally meet you Jennie." Jennie takes his hand and shakes it.

"The pleasure is mine. I've known your group even before we debuted as Blackpink and I think you guys are awesome." Jennie replied. Suho smiled at that and nodded.

"Kai would be very happy to hear that. Where is that guy anyway?" He said and looks at his watch. Then he clapped his hands when an idea comes to his mind.

"This is perfect! I was actually waiting for my friend to arrive too. Is it okay if we join you for lunch?" He asked Jennie politely. Jennie was about to speak but Irene beat her to it.

"No. We're waiting for my friends to arrive. They'll be here in ten minutes. Why don't you find your own table and leave us alone in peace?" Irene suggested, dismissing him with her hand. Suho fake gasped at that.

"Hey Joohyun relax. Why are you being so cold to me? I just want Jennie to meet my friend." Suho reasoned.

"She's not interested." Irene answered coldly. Suho smirks and crossed his arms over his chest.

​​"I think I know why you're being like this Bae. Did you perhaps miss me cause I wasn't keeping in touch with you this past few months? Are you mad because of that?" Suho asked smugly. Irene cringed at that and scans through the menu.

"Stop being delusional and leave. People are starting to glance at this table because of you. If our lunch get disturb because of you I swear.." Irene trailed off. Suho just chuckled at that.

"What are you gonna do if that happens then? Are you going to kill me?" He provoked. Irene ignores him and shakes her head.

"Hyung!" A man suddenly called catching everyone's attention.

Jennie looks at the door and found the man slowly making his way towards their table. He was wearing a white polo shirt with sleeves rolled up, black jeans and a pair of Gucci shoes. His hair was perfectly brushed and he was wearing nerdy glasses as a disguise. The man looks over at her and their gaze meets. Jennie's eyes widened when she realized who he is.

"Kai! Finally you're here man. Great timing." Suho happily greeted him and wraps his arm around his shoulder.

"Why are you standing here? Where's our table?" 

"I

Please log in to read the full chapter