Complicated

Loving You
Please log in to read the full chapter

It was the last day of their Japan tour so Jisoo and Rosé have decided to go out and have a date today. Jisoo suggested a popular place called Keisei Rose Garden,  because she knows that her girlfriend has an undying love for flowers. They walked inside the place and both girls gasp when they saw varieties of roses all around the area. They saw a pond filled with lillies and a fountain surrounded by colorful roses in full bloom. They wandered around the garden and take pictures of different types of roses. They also stopped at the shop where you can buy rose perfumes, rose-scented teas etc. A shop inside the garden also sells some roses from the garden so they even purchased white and pink roses before heading towards the cafe nearby. 

"Did you love the place? I wanted to watch the show but I'm already famished. I'm sorry if we didn't get the chance to check out the live performance of the band." Jisoo said apologetically and squeezed Rosé's hand on top of the table. Rosé just smiled and shook her head.

"It's okay unnie. Let's just check it out next time. I heard that the garden held an autumn fair every October-November so I want to go there again and watch the event with you. I really had a great time today and I want to thank you for taking me to that place." Rosé replied delightfully and flashed a smile. Jisoo smiled back and nodded. 

Their order came and the two girls silently eat their meals. They stayed like that for minutes until Jisoo remembered something.

"We promised to buy each other a present. I think this is the right moment to exchange gifts!" Jisoo excitedly said and clapped her hands enthusiastically.

"Right. I actually bought two gifts for you Chu but I left the other one in Korea. I bought it last week when my sister and I went to a bookstore." Rosé said and wipe with the napkin.

"Oh.. So your gift was a book?" Jisoo asked expectantly.

"Yup. I think it's quite obvious unnie." Rosé answered and they both giggled.

"Okay. What's the title of the book?" Jisoo asked curiously while sipping her juice.

"The title is "Courage To be Disliked". It was an interesting book and I hope you'll love it." Rosé replied and smiled. Then she reached for her bag at the chair beside her and get something inside. 

"And this is my other gift for you." Rosé beamed and take Jisoo's hand from the table. She put something in Jisoo's palm and Jisoo gasped when she saw the small keychain in her hand.

"Wow! Shin-Chan keychain! This is cute!" Jisoo said happily and Rosé just laughed at her reaction.

"I bought it at the store earlier unnie. I'm glad you like it." 

"This is awesome. I've always wanted to buy Shin-Chan items but I never get the chance to. It always slipped my mind and I just ended up buying Pokemon items instead." Jisoo chuckled and shook her head. Rosé just smiled at her and continue eating her food.

"Now I think it's time to give you my gift. Are you ready for it?" Jisoo asked teasingly and make a "drum roll" gesture at the table. Rosé just laughed softly and nodded. Jisoo reached for her pocket and take out a small box. She opened it and showed the two silver rings inside. 

"I picked out these rings based from our birthstones." Jisoo said affectionately and gaze into her eyes. Rosé smiled and lean forward to look closely at the rings.

"They're beautiful." Rosé muttered. Jisoo took one of the rings and showed it to Rosé.

"This ring is not just a simple ring Pasta. Because this ring is a symbol of my love for you." Jisoo said sincerely and take Rosé's left hand. Rosé blushed a bit at the gesture and locked eyes with her. Jisoo gave her a small smile and slip the ring in her finger.

"This is our promise rings." Jisoo said and Rosé nodded and smiled back. 

"I promise to keep investing my time and energy into the wonderful relationship that we have. I promise to always put a smile on your face whenever you're sad and feeling down. I learn something new about you each day and I'm always reminded how amazing you are. I am so lucky to have you by my side Pasta. Thank you for giving me your love and thank you for taking my love in return." Jisoo said affectionately and Rosé felt her heart melted at the words. Jisoo gave her a bright smile and Rosé felt her heart thumped wildly against her chest. She was moved by Jisoo's words and felt like she was on cloud nine.

"You're so sweet Chu." She said and blushed deeply. She covered her cheeks using her hands to hide her face and Jisoo just laughed softly at her action.

"Sorry if I surprised you with my sweetness Chaeng. I just want to tell you everything that I'm feeling at the moment." Jisoo said and smiled. Rosé nodded and looks up to meet her eyes. Then she take the other ring and slipped it in Jisoo's finger.

"Thank you for everything Chu. Thank you for showing me what love is. I don't know what the future holds for the both of us but I promise to always stay by your side whenever you need me. I will cherish the love that we have forever and I will do my best to always make you happy. I love you." Rosé said sincerely and squeeze her hand. 

"I love you too." Jisoo replied and smiled. 

Their sweet moment was interrupted when Jisoo's phone rings. She took it and answer the call.

"Oppa, why did you call?" Jisoo asked a bit annoyed at their manager.

"Where did you go? I was looking all over for you two. You told me that you'll come back after an hour. Where are you girls now? Tell me your location and I will pick you up." Manager Cha asked frustatedly through the phone. 

"You don't need to do that Oppa. We're fine. We will go back to the hotel before lunch time and--- he cut her off.

"The Ceo strictly instructed us to always take care of you and never let you leave our side. He will be furious if he finds out about this. Do you want me to lose my job Jisoo? He will fire me as soon as he hears that I'd let you girls wander around here in Japan without our guidance." Manager Cha answered seriously. Jisoo took a deep breath and look at Rosé. They have a lot of plans today and if their managers are with them, they know that they will not be able to enjoy their date freely. Manager Cha will just bother them and follow them around.

"But Sajangnim won't find out about this. We won't tell him anything so please keep this a secret too. He doesn't need to know about this Oppa. Just don't worry about us because we're alright. Rosé and I are having a great time now and I think it's best if you enjoy and have some fun too. Japan is beautiful and there's so many shops everywhere. Buy gifts for your son and daughter. I'm sure they will be happy to receive something from their dad." Jisoo suggested and the manager just scoffed.

"You know that I'm here for work Jisoo. I didn't come here to----Jisoo cut him off.

"Oh! Oppa I can't here you. Hello? The line is unstable. Hello? Oppa?" Jisoo lied before turning her phone off. Rosé just laughed at her silly action while she just shrugged cooly.

"What? The signal is really bad." Jisoo reasoned and put her phone down at the table. Rosé just shook her head and giggled.

"Actress Chu." She remarked and Jisoo just smiled.

"I just had to do it Pasta. He's too persistent. I won't let him ruin our date." Jisoo said and wave her hand.

"Speaking of our date, where are we going after this unnie?" Rosé questioned and Jisoo tap her chin while thinking deeply.

"I don't know. Your turn to decide. We will go to anywhere that you like." Jisoo answered and Rosé just grinned.

"Okay." She muttered and Jisoo just raised a brow curiously.

"Let's go to the zoo next." Rosé excitedly announced and Jisoo just nodded in agreement.

"That would be fun!" Jisoo beamed.

 

Meanwhile, Back at the hotel...

I force myself to get up from the bed when I heard loud knocks outside my room. I stood up and wrapped my body with the blanket before slowly making my way towards the door. I turn the knob and Jennie's smiling face came into view. She cheerfully walk inside the room and sat down on my bed. Then, she patted the space beside her.

"Come here. I want to talk to you about something." She said excitedly and beamed at me. Looks like she's in a good mood today. Her face looks bright and her eyes are full of enthusiasm. I approach her and plopped down beside her. She raised a brow when she noticed the blanket that I was clutching and try to tug it away from me.

"What is this for? Why are you covering yourself? Are you ?" She asked curiously and look at my body. I felt my face heat up and just heave out a sigh. If I wasn't feeling sick, I know that I would answer something silly or maybe even but since I'm not in a mood today, I chose to answer her truthfully.

"I feel cold." I replied and look at her. She frowned and moves closer to me.

"What do you mean? Are you not feeling well?" Jennie asked and place her hand in my forehead.

"Oh God. You're burning up." She muttered panickly and retracted her hand from mine. She stood up and take out her phone.

"Wait. Where are you going?" I asked confusedly and hold her wrist to stop her. She turns to me and brush the stray hair out of my face and put it behind my ear. She cupped my face and speaks.

"Wait here. I'll be right back, okay?" She promised and kiss my head. I nodded meekly and retracted my hand from her. She hurriedly went out of the room and left.

I lie down on the bed and coughed. My head is aching and my throat is scratchy. I have colds and fever too. I hide under the covers and close my eyes. I feel weak and awful. We have to perform for our concert tonight and I'm worried that I might not make it. This is the last day of our tour and I don't want to miss it. I have to perform no matter what. 

A few minutes later, the door suddenly opens and I fluttered my eyes and look towards it. Jennie rushed to my side after settling down the tray on the bedside table. She helped me sit up and I lean my back in the headboard of the bed.

"Sorry if I take too long to come back. I waited for the chef to finish cooking this soup for you. I requested it from the staff of the restaurant in this hotel. I'm glad that they agreed to grant my request. You need to eat this to regain your strength." Jennie explained and held the bowl of chicken soup from the table. She stirred the soup and lifted her spoon in . She blow it a little before feeding me. I sipped the soup and look at her.

"You know I can do this on my own. You don't have to feed me." I said softly and she just gave me a stern look.

"I know that but I'm your girlfriend and it's my responsibility to look after you. I want to take care of you so just let me." Jennie replied seriously and continue to feed me. I sighed defeatedly and nodded.

"Thank you Nini." I smiled weakly and patted her head. I brush my fingers through her hair and it.

"It's too bad that you're running a fever, I was about to ask you to come with me to that place.." She muttered and pouted. I look at her curiously and raised a brow.

"Where?" 

"To Tokyo Disneysea. I really want to go there with you." She admitted and looks at me disappointedly.

"Sorry." Was all I could say. I feel bad that I'd ruin her plans for us. She looked so energetic and excited earlier. Now she looks sad and defeated.

I finished eating the soup and Jennie handed me the medicines that she bought for me. I took them and was about lie down again but she stopped me.

"Wait. I think you need to change your clothes first. We can't wash you yet so I'll just wipe your body instead. Stay there." Jennie commanded and stood up. She walk out of the room again and shut the door. I waited for her to come back and when she reappeared, she was already holding a small towel and a basin filled with lukewarm water. She sat in front of me and dip the towel in the water. Then, she squeeze it and look at me.

"Take off your shirt baby." She commanded and I felt myself heat up again. I don't know if it was because of my fever or embarrassment. I look down at my shirt and started taking it off. Jennie helped me as I raise my arms up and completely remove it off my body. I feel like I'm a kid and she's my mom. She stare at my toned stomach and I saw her gulped. I felt my cheeks burn at her action and look away from her. She started wiping my neck while looking seriously at me. It's true that she already saw me before but I still can't calm down especially when her eyes are so fixed in every detail of my body. We stayed in silence as she continue to wipe my body. When her hand finally reached my stomach, she stops and looks up at me. We locked eyes for a moment before she averted her gaze and dip the towel in the water. She squeeze it and look at me.

"Why are you looking at me like that?" Jennie asked when she noticed my intense gaze.

"Have I ever told you before that you are so beautiful baby?" I whispered and I saw her cheeks redden.

"Yes. I can't even count how many times you said it." She laughed softly and shook her head. She continue to wipe my stomach with the towel.

"Even after 6 months of dating you, I still can't believe that you are mine. That you chose to love someone like me. You're just too perfect Jennie. You're like a dream come true. I don't know what you've seen in me but I want you to know that I feel so blessed to have you in my life." I said sincerely while caressing her cheek. She scoffed and looks at me displeased.

"Why are you always saying that? Was it really hard to believe that you'd captured my heart with your simple ways? I don't understand you. What's there to not like about you? You're cool, charming, charismatic, funny, stunningly beautiful and more importantly, has a good heart. There are so many reasons to love you Lisa. Stop doubting yourself

Please log in to read the full chapter