Meeting The Parents

Loving You
Please log in to read the full chapter

My mom and I are currently walking through the streets of Hongdae along with manager oppa. Some fans are trailing behind us because they immediately recognize my face when they saw me. I'm not wearing any disguise today because I want to have fun and be free for once. I just want to spend time with my mom and buy new stuffs for my family.

We walked inside the store and scan through the different clothes on the rack. I picked a simple black blouse and showed it to my mom.

"This looks great on you mom. You should try this." I said enthusiastically and my mom just nodded in agreement. She also get something from the rack and walk towards me. She showed me the off-shoulder top that she was holding and gave me a warm smile.

"This looks great on you too Lisa." she said and I just shook my head.

"Mom, we're not here to buy clothes for me. We're here because I want to buy stuffs for you. And this blouse, it was good but I think Jennie will look better in wearing this than me. She loves to wear off-shoulder tops." I said truthfully and examined it. It really looks good and I'm sure Jennie will be happy if I give this to her as a gift. I smiled at the thought. I spare a glance at my mom and I saw that she was looking at me intently.

"Okay. I think I'm gonna buy this mom." I stated and my mom just gave me a nod.

We continue on scanning the store and I'm glad my mom likes the clothes that I'm choosing for her. My mom is just a simple woman and she's more comfortable on wearing casual clothes like me. She doesn't want to dress up too much because she doesn't want to get people's attention. 

"This store is great. There's a lot of choices here and is very affordable." My mom remarked and I nodded my head in agreement.

"Right. The members and I are always coming to this area because there's a lot of interesting shops here where we can buy souvenirs. Let's go to the that store next. Jennie and I loves to go there to shop hats and accessories." I said excitedly and pointed towards the shop across the street. My mom just nodded and then we pay for the items.

We go towards that shop next and buy different items like bracelets, hats etc. After that, we decided to eat lunch at a small restaurant near the area.

I sat across from my mom while manager oppa sat beside me. A girl approach our table and ask for a picture but manager oppa said no and dismissed the girl. I gave her an apologetic look and she just replied "It's okay. I understand". 

I pour water on my mom's glass and hand it to her. We started talking in Thai language while we are eating.

"Your father and I want to see the other members again. What are they doing now? When can we visit the dorm to see them?" she asked while looking at me expectantly. I just gave her a warm smile as a response.

"They said earlier that they will go shopping today. But if you really want to see them mom, you can visit us tomorrow after our rehearsal. And I almost forgot, Jennie and her parents are inviting us to have dinner to their house this evening. I was hoping you could come." I said seriously and my mom just nodded.

"Of course we will come. I had a wonderful time talking to them when they visited our country last year." My mom said truthfully and I just smiled. 

Jennie and her parents went to Thailand last year to have a vacation and our family agreed to have lunch together. That was the first time that I met Jennie's father in person and during that time, I was so intimidated by his presence that I didn't get the chance to talk to him much. He looks like a stoic and serious businessman but the truth is, he was just like his daughter. Looks cold and unapproachable on the outside but very kind and soft on the inside. Our parents actually got along pretty well and that lunch was filled with laughter and interesting conversations.

"That's great! Jennie will be very happy to hear that. She said she wants to cook for you tonight so please look forward to it mom. She's a pretty good cook by the way." I bragged and grinned. My mom just observe me curiously and gulped her juice.

"What dish was her specialty?" she inquired.

"Kimchi fried rice. She's always cooking that because it's easy and all of us love it so much. It was the best." I said proudly and smiled at the thought of Jennie cooking for my parents. She's so sweet! I'm sure my parents will love her even more. I can't wait to introduce her to them.

My mom cleared to get my attention.

"I notice that you keep on mentioning Jennie's name. Seems like the two of you become more close with each other." My mom noted and I felt my face heat up. Jeez, I got carried away of my thoughts and smiled for a moment there like an idiot. I didn't know that my mom was watching my expressions the whole time.

"Right. All of us are close with each other and become very good friends. We develop a strong friendship through the years. I'm happy that I've met them. They're very good to me and always taking care of me. I can't imagine my life without them mom." I admitted sincerely and my mom held my hand on top of the table.

"I'm glad you find true friends. I want to personally thank them for bringing smile to your face. Especially Jennie." My mom said and gave me a teasing look. My eyes widen and felt my cheeks burn.

"W-what do you mean by that mom?" I asked shyly and slowly gulped my juice nervously. She just laughed at my reaction and continued eating her food.

My mom is very sharp. Does she know something about our relationship or am I just being obvious in my actions? 

I sighed defeatedly and eat in silence. I glance at my mom and I wonder how she would react if I finally confirm her suspicions.

 

*Meanwhile*

Jennie, Jisoo and Rosé are currently eating inside a huge restaurant after going to the mall. Jennie put her fork down and sighed for what seems like the umpteenth time.

"What's wrong Jendeukie? You keep doing that for the past two hours. Just spill the beans and tell us what's bothering you." Jisoo suggested eagerly and Jennie just look at her seriously.

"I'm worried about the dinner tonight. What if her parents don't accept me for their daughter? What am I gonna do?" Jennie  asked worriedly and pouted.

"Relax unnie. You're worrying too much. I'm sure they will love you. You're adorable and very charming. I'm sure you will win their hearts. I believe in you. Fighting!" Rosé cheered encouragingly and smiled. Jennie smiled back and nodded.

"The truth is, I'm more worried about Lisa. Your father is very intimidating Jendeuk. I'm sure Lisa was also worried like you." Jisoo said and Jennie just shook her head.

"I talked to her earlier and she said she's not scared at all. She even made a promise that she will do everything to win their hearts no matter what." Jennie muttered.

"I believe that's possible unnie. She's very determined and passionate. I actually heard her practicing some lines last night. I think she just really want to make a good impression on them." Rosé said sincerely and they all just smiled.

"I'm glad she's doing her best. But I hope she won't say any corny jokes later in our dinner." Jennie muttered and they all just nodded in agreement.

"That's right. You have to stop her from doing stupid stuffs. That's your job as her girlfriend Jendeuk. Keep an eye on her all the time. Once you do that, I'm sure everything will be fine." Jisoo said sincerely. Jennie just nodded defeatedly. 

" I hope you're right guys." 

 

 

*Evening*

I walk inside Jennie's room and saw her wearing a white towel to cover her frame. I quickly turn around and felt my face heat up.

"I thought you're already finished dressing up. Sorry." I apologized and was about to leave the room when I felt her hand on my arm. I turned towards her and saw her looking at me pleadingly.

"Wait. Stay here and help me choose what to wear." she uttered and pulled my hand. 

We went towards her bed and I saw her clothes scattered all over it. I just smiled and shook my head.

"Stop stressing yourself over little things Jennie. Like what I've told you before, even if you wear a rug you would still look perfect. So don't worry too much." I said affectionately and pick a dress on her bed randomly. I handed it to her and she hesitantly took it while blushing furiously.

"Thanks. You can go now." she deadpanned and I just chuckled amusingly.

"Nope. I'll stay here and watch you get dressed. If you want, I can give you a hand and help you wear that thing." I said teasingly while grinning. She rolled her eyes and walk towards her closet. 

"Okay. Do whatever you want." she said nonchalantly and I gulped when she started wearing her underwear. I looked away and stood up. Oh no. I can't do this.

"I change my mind. I'll just wait for you outside." I said before closing the door. I heard Jennie snickered and shook her head.

I walk towards the living room and saw Jisoo and Chaeyoung snuggling on the couch. I sat beside Chaeyoung and patted the large space between us.

"Why don't you just move here Chaeng? There's still a lot of space here." I noted and she just ignored me. She snuggle more closer to Jisoo as they continue watching different MVs. I look at them curiously while raising a brow. A blanket was draping over their shoulders to cover their bodies. I'm sure they are hugging each other underneath this blanket.

"Guys, can I ask you a question?" I inquired curiously and saw them look at me with interest.

"Did you kiss already?" I asked innocently and I saw both of them blushed. Jisoo scoffed and throws a pillow on my face. I groaned and throw it back to her.

"Will you please stop bothering us. I thought you're meeting your parents tonight?" Jisoo asked confusedly and I just gave her a small smile.

"Answer my question first. I'm really curious about your relationship. By the way, who tops at Chaesoo?" I inquired curiously and their eyes widen in surprise.

"Stop asking stupid questions idiot!" Jisoo scolded and glared at me. I just chuckled then I heard the song "Everyday" by Winner. I love that song so I stood up and started dancing. Jisoo join me after a few seconds and started dancing as well.

Jennie elegantly walk towards our direction and tugged my shirt.

"Let's go. We can't be late. Your parents are waiting for us " she said firmly but I hold her wrist to stop her.

"Wait. Let me finish this song first." I muttered and started dancing again. Jisoo and I dance happily to the song and I felt Jennie pulled my hand again.

"Stop that annoying dance. We're leaving now. " she said authoritatively and looked into my eyes sternly. I averted my gaze and sighed defeatedly. 

"Okay fine. Let's go." I muttered and hold her hand. We said goodbye to Jisoo and Chaeyoung and they just wish us a goodluck on our date. I wave my hand at them before closing the door.

We head towards the hotel first to meet my parents. They are already waiting for us in the lobby. We had a small greeting before heading back towards the van. Jennie sat beside my mom in the backseat and I smiled when I heard them chatting random things. 

Please log in to read the full chapter