That Fateful Night

Loving You
Please log in to read the full chapter

Jennie and I are currently watching Stranger Things here in our living room, enjoying our free time. We don't have dance rehearsals to attend to and this day is special to us because it's our monthsary so we decided to spend the day by hanging out with each other. I set up a blanket fort earlier this morning just to surprise her. Jennie actually squealed like a kid after seeing my surprise and she was happy about it. I felt relieved that she likes my surprise for her. 

I am comfortably sitting inside the blanket fort, munching my fries while Jennie lays down and uses my lap as her pillow. We stayed like that for minutes, enjoying the show.

I fished out my phone out of my pocket and check if someone texted me. Guess I'm right cause I saw a text from Yubi asking me to hang out with her this Sunday. I replied an 'okay' to her and wait for her response. My phone lights up and I read the text that she sent.

"Great. I'm glad you're not busy. See you soon Lisa." 😊

I tapped my phone and send "Just send me the address. I want to make up to you for ditching you guys last time. I'm sorry about that by the way."

"It's okay. I know you didn't mean it. We completely understand that you were busy that time. No need to apologize. But promise to never do it again and just buy me drinks to compensate if you're really sincere." 😉

I smiled and reply, "Sure. No problem." 

My attention turns to Jennie when I feel her hand slips under my shirt and starts caressing my stomach. I bite my lip when her fingers traced small circles over my abs. What is she doing? 

"Jennie." I called her. She turns to face me and retracted her hand.

"What?" She asked innocently. I just give her a small smile and lean down to give her a soft kiss on the lips. She closes her eyes when our lips touched. I pull back and her hair with my fingers. 

"I thought we are watching the show?" Jennie asked amusingly. I smirk and pokes her nose. 

"It's your fault. You were distracting me. You can't keep your hands to yourself." I remarked. She flashes her cute gummy smile at that. 

"It's because you're so gorgeous. I couldn't help myself." Jennie says and gives me a wink. I felt my face heats up and I just chuckled as a response. 

Jennie smiles and continues to watch the show. I grab my phone again to stream her song Solo. I put on my earphones and starts listening to the song on YouTube. Jennie just frowned when she saw me tapping on my phone. 

"We're supposed to be watching here Lili. Stop that." Jennie muttered. 

"Relax. I was streaming your song." I answered calmly. 

"Really? It looks like you're texting someone since earlier though. You think I haven't noticed? That's the reason why I was trying to get your attention." Jennie admitted truthfully and frowns.

"Is that so?" I spare a glance at her but she just turns her body to the side to face the television and ignore me. I heave a deep breath and pouted. 

"Nini.." I try to call out but she looks a bit annoyed so I just give up and focus on the video that I was watching. I was scrolling through the comments when a suggested video suddenly caught my attention. I read the title and it says; "Jennie being Lazy. Then vs Now." My brow scrunches in confusion when I realized that it was posted days ago but already got over a million views. What is this? What is happening? 

I didn't watch the video but I make sure to report the account that posted it. I even informed Manager Jung about it. I felt so hurt and furious that someone would really take their time to create a video like that just to criticize and attack Jennie. How can they be so cruel? Why are people always dragging her down? I saw other videos like that and try my best to report them too. I felt adrenaline and I didn't realize that my fingers are shaking while tapping on my phone until Jennie snatches the phone from my hands. She was already sitting beside me while looking at me seriously. 

"Hey! Give that back!" I said and reached for my phone. She tries to hide it behind her but I make sure to grab it from her hand. I clutched the phone tightly and make sure that she won't get it again. 

"What are you doing? Why can't you show me who you're texting?" Jennie frowns deeply and gives me a sharp gaze. I try not to roll my eyes at her question and heaves a deep breath.

I feel so affected about those videos. My chest tightens just by thinking about them. I close my eyes and tries to compose myself. Relax Lisa. Breathe. Just calm down. I looked up at Jennie and speaks. 

"I'm sorry.." I muttered and facepalms. Jennie's brow raised at that and I know she's confused but before she can ask any more questions, I stopped her by pulling her into a tight hug. I rubbed circles on her back and buried my face on the crook of her neck. 

"You're saying sorry for texting other people? Why? What are you apologizing for?" Jennie asked in confusion. I shook my head and speaks. 

"That's not what I mean. Look, just ignore what I said." I murmured and bites my lip. I don't know why but I feel a bit emotional at the moment. That video really triggered some emotions in me. And to think that Jennie might have seen them too makes me feel really worried about her. 

I pull away from the hug and cups her face with my hands. My thumb her cheek and I look straight into her eyes. 

"Can you promise me something?" I asked expectantly. Jennie still looks perplexed but she just sighs defeatedly before nodding. 

"Promise me that you won't open sns for the meantime. Stay away from any of them and focus on your solo." I said seriously and brushed my fingers through her hair. Jennie narrowed her eyes at me and speaks. 

"Is there something wrong? What exactly is happening? You're acting strange to be honest." Jennie says in concern. 

"Just do it okay? Trust me. Please?" I said sincerely, trying to convince her. 

"I don't know Lisa. You know that I need to promote my song through sns too right?" Jennie shrugs. I sighed and facepalms. 

"You're right. I was being crazy." I looked down and shove my phone inside my pocket. Jennie looks at me in concern and holds my hand. 

"If this is about that video of me dancing that has been circulating around the internet this past few days, then please don't worry about me Lisa. I'm perfectly fine." Jennie stated and my eyes widened at that. My heart beats fast at what she said. 

"You saw it?" I asked worriedly. Jennie just gives me a small nod as an answer and smile a little. 

"It's okay. Don't worry too much about it boo. I know that I can't please everyone and all of this is my fault. I know that I've been lacking---I cut her off. 

"Don't say that! Please don't think like that. It's not your fault. Don't think too little of yourself Jennie. They don't know you. They don't even know what you've been through. They don't know that you're one of the most hardworking person that I've ever known in my entire life. They don't know all the sacrifices that you've made just to become who you are now. They don't know anything. So please stop blaming yourself Jennie.. " I swallowed the lump in my throat and I felt myself tearing up. That video really hits me hard. I feel really bad for Jennie. I hate the fact that people think that it's okay to throw hate at her every chance that they get. I hate it even more when Jennie just accepts everything like it's a normal thing that people will always say negative things when it comes to her. The fact that she got used to it makes my heart ache for her. And to think that I can't even do anything to help her, that all I can do is watch these things happen over and over, is so disheartening. It really hurts me to see her get stressed and disappointed in herself because all I want is for her to feel loved, cherished and appreciated. I want her to feel her worth. She deserves nothing but love. I want to make her feel happy and protect her from all the cruel things in this world. I would give everything just for her to get the respect and love from all the people around her because that's what she truly yearn for right from the very beginning. All she wants is to perform and share her talent to the world. She just wants to become an inspiration to others and this is what she gets in return? It was just so unfair. 

Jennie squeezes my hand and look straight into my eyes. 

"Please don't stress yourself over these things. Don't worry about me cause like I said, I'm really alright. Believe me." Jennie says sincerely but I just bite my lip and averted my gaze. 

"But this is too much. You don't deserve all these hates Jennie." I muttered sadly.

Jennie lifs my chin to meet my gaze. 

"You know I'm surprised that you're more affected about these things than me. Even though this isn't about you. Even if it wasn't your problem." Jennie smiled faintly. I shook my head and speaks. 

"That's not true! Your problem is my problem too. And believe it or not, it hurts me more when I read all these hate comments about you. I just can't forgive them for doing this to you Jennie.. They don't have the right.." I clenched my fist and looks away from her to calm myself.

"Lisa.." Jennie holds my hand to get my attention but I refused to meet her gaze. 

"Baby it's okay. Look at me please." Jennie softly says and cups my cheeks. I finally turns to her and meets her gaze. 

"All these hates.. They mean nothing to me because I have you guys.. My friends, family and all the people who love me. You guys give me strength to go on. You showered me with love that I don't even care about these haters anymore. I won't let myself get stressed out because of them again. I won't let these people bring me down. They don't deserve my sweat and tears. I promise myself that I'll just focus on the positive side of things from now on. Life's too short after all." Jennie says sincerely and flashes a genuine smile. My heart melted at her statement. I nodded my head and smile at her enthusiasm. 

Jennie pulls me into a tight embrace and rubs my back soothingly. 

"Please don't be upset anymore. I hate seeing you like that.." Jennie mumbled against my shoulder. I pull back from the hug to study her face. 

"I'm calm now. Don't worry." I reassured her but she just pouted and looks straight into my eyes. 

"You still look sad though." She remarked and brushes my bangs with her fingers. A smile tugs at my lips because of her cuteness. 

"I'm alright now boo. I swear." I said convincingly and pecks her cheek. Jennie blushed at the contact and loops her arms around my neck. 

"Are you sure? Cause I can make you happy if you want? I'll do anything for you my boo. Just say it." Jennie smirks and looks at me suggestively. I feel my cheeks heat up at that. 

"You can just sing to me. I think that's what I want right now. I want to hear your sweet voice." I answered truthfully. Jennie raised a brow at that and looks at me dubiously. 

"Really? I thought you were going to ask for a kiss." Jennie says smiling. I smiled back and shakes my head. 

"No. I don't want to start something with you cause it's my time of the month. I can't make love to you today baby. Sorry." I honestly says and scratches the back of my neck. Jennie giggles at that and my hair. 

"Oh is that so? That's a pity cause I really want to do this.." Jennie trailed off then I felt her lips on my neck. She placed a soft kiss at a certain part of my neck and my heart skips a beat at her action. My face warmed and I feel butterflies in my stomach. 

"Jennie.. What are you doing?" I murmured and look straight into her eyes when she pulls back. She smiled and lean in for a kiss. She pecks my lips softly. 

"Have I ever told you before that the mole on your neck is so y? You're just so attractive Lisa.." Jennie whispered affectionately and traced my mole with her finger. I shake my head and can't help but smile at that. 

"Stop that.." I shyly said and caught her finger. I held her hand and brought it to my lips. I placed a kiss on the back of her hand lingeringly. I noticed Jennie's cheeks turns pink at the sweet gesture. 

"You know what, I think we should probably head out too like Chaeng and Jisoo. Let's go out on a date today to celebrate our monthsary. Do you want that?" I suggested enthusiastically. Jennie shakes her head and wraps her arms around me again. 

"But I think that netflix and chill is more awesome. Don't you think so?" Jennie murmured and placed a gentle kiss on my neck again. I flinched and my eyes widen in surprise. 

"Oh my God Jennie. I'm gonna pretend that you didn't say that." I bit my lip and blushed. Jennie smile when she noticed my embarrassment and slowly slips her hand under my shirt again, tracing my toned stomach. My heart beats like a drum at her action. 

"I mean netflix and chill literally baby." She clarified and gave me a sly grin. I just shake my head and chuckled. 

"Yeah right. You can't fool me baby." I grab her hand to stop what she was doing. She's trying to test my self control. Jennie Rubyjane will be the death of me! 

Jennie giggled and just flashes her sweet gummy smile. 

"You're so easy to tease. Do you know that?" I shake my head and just smile in return. 

"Jennie don't even start with the teasing cause you know you'll lose in the end." I retorted. 

"Oh really? How can you be so sure?" Jennie asked curiously and crossed her arms over her chest. 

"Oh please. You know that it always happens baby. And we both know that you can't do anything to me today cause I have my period. While you on the other hand, I think you're really asking for it Jennie since it's not your time of the month.. " I trailed off and looks at her body. Jennie blushed when she realize that I was boldly checking her out. She swallowed hard and then she bites her lip, unsure what to say. 

I chuckled at her reaction and decides to continue teasing her cause she was so cute. 

"I can do whatever I want with you. Now that I think about it, it's a good idea to please you today cause it's our monthsary. Just think of it as another gift from me where I'll make sure that you will be able to enjoy and promise to leave you feeling satisfied in the end." I smirked and Jennie blushed even more at that. She sighs and raised her hands in surrender. 

"Okay fine. You win. Happy now?" She conceded while I just laugh at that. I pull her hand and gives her a warm embrace. 

"You shouldn't mess with me Nini. Remember that." I whispered against her ear and lowers my head into her neck. I dropped kisses at the side of her neck and nip the skin lightly. Jennie's breath caught at that and I felt her arms around me tightened. I smiled inwardly at her reaction. 

I raise my head up to finally meets her gaze. 

"So, what do you say? Do you want me to continue or not?" I asked teasingly while smiling. Jennie opens to speak. 

"Are you sure? But you said earlier-- I interrupted her by pressing my lips against hers. I kissed her softly and immediately pull back before things heat up. 

"Well, I changed my mind the moment you touch me. It's your fault. Now I'm craving for you Jennie.. " I murmured affectionely and her arm. I nuzzle her nose and close my eyes. I felt Jennie's lips against my eyelids before she cups my face with both hands. I open my eyes to meet her gaze. She gives me a gentle smile before speaking. 

"You really can't resist me. I'm gald that you hadn't change Lisa. The look that you're giving me is still the same." Jennie noted. 

"Of course. You're drop dead gorgeous Jennie. I'm sure you have this effect on everybody. Not just in me." I replied sincerely. Jennie shakes her head in disagreement. 

"That's not true. The way you look at me with those eyes of yours is different. It makes me feel special. My heart flutters everytime you do that. It's like I'm the only girl you see. Like I'm the only person that matters to you." Jennie pointed out. 

"Because you are. You are my everything Jennie. My most precious person. I know that I'll love you forever. I just know it." I sincerely said and pulls her into another hug. Jennie sighs contentedly and hugs me back. 

"If I hadn't been too oblivious of your feelings for me back then, I'm sure we were dating each other for years now. I regret that I hadn't pay attention to everything before." Jennie sadly confessed. I smile and rubs her back. 

"It's okay. We still have a lot of time to show our love for each other Jennie. Many years ahead of us to spend time together in happiness and love." I lifted her chin and lean in to kiss her. Jennie closes her eyes and locks her arms around my neck. I pull her closer to me as our lips moves in rhythm. We kissed each other fervently only to pull away a few moments later to catch our breaths. 

Jennie smile at me and pulls my hand. She lays down while I hover on top of her. I brush my right hand against her side while cupping her face on the other. I kiss her lips again and she immediately responded to my kisses by pulling my head down closer to her. We kissed each each other like there's no tomorrow before I undress her clothes one by one. I make sure to worship every inch of her body and please her. Jennie was so tired when we finished that she drifted off to sleep and woke up later that day. 

 

 

Jisoo walk towards the building and follow her friend Soojoo inside the place. Jisoo promised her friend that they will hang out and have lunch together today so they meet up at the location of Soojoo's photoshoot. Jisoo said that she wanted to see the photoshoot and support her friend. 

"Are you sure it's okay for you to wait here? I don't want you to get bored while watching the shoot." Soojoo worriedly spare a glance at Jisoo while the make-up artist is doing her makeup. Jisoo waves her hand as a response and speaks. 

"It's okay. I went to my parent's house earlier and I realize that it is near this place anyway so I just decided to stop by to check on you. And we promised to eat lunch together today right?" Jisoo replied. Soojoo nods meekly and gives her a warm smile. 

"Thank you for stopping by. I really appreciate you coming here even though you're busy." Soojoo holds her hand and squeezes it. Jisoo smiled at that and scratches her nape. 

"Actually me and my members have a lot of free time these days since our concert was over. I'm sure our squad can spend more time now. Speaking of our friends, I texted Soojin last night but she didn't reply back while Hyewon said that she's busy." Jisoo shared. Soojoo nodded in understanding and checks her apperance in the mirror one last time before standing up. She faced Jisoo and patted her shoulder. 

"It's okay Soo.. You have me. I'll keep you company for the rest of the day." Soojoo says and gives her a bright smile. Jisoo smiled back and gives her a thumbs up as a response. 

"I know that. Good luck on your photoshoot. I'm sure you'll definitely slay it. Show them how good you are. Fighting!" Jisoo cheered while Soojoo just nodded and smile. 

Soojoo's photoshoot started and Jisoo stays on the sideline to watch her friend. This is the first time that Jisoo sees her friend working and she's awed by her friend's charm during the whole shoot. Soojoo looks perfect in every shot and all the clothes looked good on her. She stands out among all the other models there and the photographer keeps on praising her natural beauty, elegance and professionalism. 

Soojoo spares a glance at Jisoo who's sitting on the chair at the side and laughs when she saw Jisoo excitedly stands up and cheers for her when their eyes meet. The proud look on Jisoo's face while watching her was enough for Soojoo to smile in happiness. 

 

After the photoshoot, the two head towards a fancy restaurant to eat their lunch. Jisoo was relieved to finally have some privacy and takes off her face mask. She was also famished and immediately attacked the food in front of her when the waiter served their order. Soojoo smile at Jisoo's action and speaks. 

"Since you patiently waited for me today, I'll treat you to lunch and pay for all of this. Just eat whatever you like." Soojoo offered but Jisoo just shakes her head. 

"Nrr. Itsh okayy.." Jisoo tries to say but Soojoo looks at her amusingly and smile. 

"Don't talk when your mouth is full." She replied and offers a glass of water to Jisoo. Jisoo takes it and slowly drinks it. When she finished the glass, she looks up at her friend and speaks. 

"Joo it's okay. I'm not broke. And I'm glad that I decided to come see you cause I really enjoyed watching the shoot. You look fierce and perfect. You honestly did a great job and as your friend, I feel very proud of you." Jisoo confessed and gives her a wide smile before attacking her food again. Soojoo blushed at the compliment and she feels thankful Jisoo didn't notice it. 

"Thanks." She muttered and sips on her juice. 

"Anyways, let's stop by at your favorite flower shop later. Help me buy some roses.." Jisoo says while wiping with a napkin. Soojoo curiously looks at her and speaks. 

"Are you.. going to give it to someone?" Soojoo asked hesitantly. Jisoo nods as an answer. 

"Yes. It's for my member." Jisoo admitted.

"For Jennie right?" Soojoo inquired. Jisoo shakes her head and smile. 

"Great guess but no. It's actually for Rosé. Did I mention before that she really likes flowers? She feels so happy whenever she receives them from our fans. I want to see her smile today so I'll buy some for her. I'm sure she'll be very surprised. I can't wait to see her reaction." Jisoo says in excitement. Soojoo nods in understanding. 

"You're so sweet Soo. Rosé is very lucky to have an unnie like you. You always take care of your members so well. You're such a great person." Soojoo sincerely said. Jisoo just chuckle as a response. 

"You think so highly of me Joo. It was nothing really. And Rosé always gives me flowers too. She also buys me chicken whenever I want to. You know I sometimes think that she's too perfect for me and that she deserves someone else but then again---Jisoo stops talking when she realized what she said and looks up at Soojoo. Soojoo was just looking at her in confusion. 

Jisoo cleared and speaks. 

"I mean, she deserves a much greater friend. Like Lisa. You know what I mean?" Jisoo clarified but Soojoo becomes more confused. 

"No. I don't really understand what you were trying to say to be honest." Soojoo says truthfully. Jisoo sighs at that and facepalms. 

"Right. Neither do I." Jisoo muttered and averted her gaze. She knows that Soojoo will notice if she lie. Her friend knows her too well and is very smart too. 

Soojoo noticed Jisoo's awkwardness so she reaches for her friend's hand on top of the table and squeezes it. 

"Soo, are you okay? You don't really have to explain yourself. Whatever it is that you were trying to say, you can just start saying it again from the top. You know that I'll listen to you right?" Soojoo gives her a bright smile to reassure her. 

Jisoo takes a deep breath and meets her gaze. She really trusts Soojoo. She knows that Soojoo won't ever judge her even if she tells her the truth about her relationship with Rosé. Soojoo is very kind to everyone. She always sees the good in people. And she's very open minded too. Jisoo really doesn't want to hide the truth to her friend anymore but she doesn't want to surprise her by suddenly dropping the bomb. She wants to make sure if Soojoo's ready to learn the truth about her. They've been friends for years now. Jisoo doesn't want anything to change between them if she reveals the truth. 

"Joo, can I ask you a question?" Jisoo began and Soojoo immediately nods.

"Sure. Is it something serious?"

"Just promise to be honest with your answer okay?"Jisoo asks seriously. Soojoo nodded again as a response. 

"What is it?" She asked curiously. 

"Have you ever been attracted to a girl? Like, did you had a girl crush before?" Jisoo questioned and Soojoo's heart skips a beat at that. She didn't expect that question from Jisoo. Now she wonders if Jisoo knows. 

"W-what do you mean? Why do you want to know something like that?" Soojoo replied nervously. 

"Just say yes or no. I want to know your answer." Jisoo looks at her expectantly. Soojoo blushed and looks down. She slowly sips on her juice before meeting Jisoo's curious gaze. She took a deep breath before answering. 

"Yes.." Soojoo mumbled. Jisoo's face lights up at that. 

"Really? I'm glad to hear that! We're really like each other." Jisoo smiled. Soojoo's eyes widen at that. 

"What did you say? We really.. like each other?" Soojoo looks like she's going to have a heart attack. Jisoo laughs. 

"No. I said we're alike Joo. You're really my friend. I knew you had it in you." Jisoo pinches her cheek and chuckled. Soojoo blushed at the action. 

"What do you mean by that? Stop teasing me Soo.." She retracted Jisoo's hand from her face and holds it. Jisoo gives her a tender look and speaks. 

"Thank you for everything Joo.." Jisoo sincerely says. 

"Why are you thanking me so suddenly?" Soojoo smiles and raises a brow. 

"Nothing. I just feel like I had to say it." Jisoo answers. 

Her phone rings and she looks at it. Rosé is calling so she excuses herself to take the call. 

"Pasta! I was waiting for you to call since earlier. So, how was your day? Are you still at your parent's house?" Jisoo lean on the wall and looks around her if someone recognize her face. She sighs in relief when the people inside the restaurant still don't know that she's a celebrity. 

"No Chu. I'm with Ella and her mom. She texted me earlier so we decided to meet

Please log in to read the full chapter