Birthday

Loving You
Please log in to read the full chapter

Jennie and I are now currently on our way to yg's building and I can already feel the heavy tension in the air. Jennie was so silent since she woke up this morning. I know that she's nervous about our meeting with sajangnim and the truth is, I am too. I barely slept last night because I'm so worried about that text. We talked about it before going to bed and we decided to deny the whole thing as long as there's no clear proof that we're dating. Cause it would be hard to escape everything if there's an evidence, right? 

I glance at Jennie beside me as she was looking throughout the window of the car with that unreadable look on her face. She looks lost and I can't help but be worried about her. I squeeze her hand to catch her attention. Her head turns towards me as she snapped out of her trance. I gave her a small smile and opens my mouth to speak.

"Did it hurt?" I asked seriously and she just gave me a curious look.

"Did what hurt?" she raised a brow confusedly and I just smirked at her.

"When you fell out of heaven." I said smoothly and gave her a wink. She just stared at me blankly and sighed.

"I can't believe you're still using your pick-up lines in spite of the situation that we're in." she seriously muttered. I shook my head and and smiled.

"I just want to make you smile. You're worrying too much. I think you should relax. Everything will be alright Jennie." I reassured her and patted her shoulder. I saw manager-oppa spare a glance at us in the mirror. He's not the 'strict manager-oppa' so I just shrugged and ignored him.

Jennie just pursed her lips and looks through the window again. I poke her cheek cutely to get her attention again.

"Jennie-unnie." I said cutely and Jennie just gave me a disapproving look. She hates it when I'm calling her unnie.

"The truth is, I was feeling a little off today.." I said calmly and moves closer to her. She just looks at me curiously and I smirk.

"But you definitely Jennie." I whisper in her ear and I saw her cheeks redden. She glares at me while I just chuckle.

"Jennie, did you sit on a pile of sugar?" I asked as I look at her body.

"What? No!" Jennie replied and I just grinned.

"Really? Cause I swear, you have a pretty sweet baby." I answered cooly and she just slaps my arm playfully. I heard manager-oppa chuckled and Jennie just glared at him. He immediately composed himself and focused his attention back on driving.

I laughed heartily because of his reaction while Jennie just crossed her arms over her chest. She looks so hot when she's mad. And I want to make her angrier. Her reactions are pretty amusing to watch. I poke her cheek again and she just slaps my hand away. I chuckle and shakes my head.

"Jennie if you were a booger I'd picked you out first." I said seriously and I saw manager-oppa shook his head. Jennie cringed and looks at me.

"What is wrong with you? Stop spouting nonsense if you don't want me to kick you out of this car." Jennie said threateningly and I just pouted.

"Would you really do that to me princess?" I asked with a lot of aegyo. Jennie was taken aback at my tone and gaped at me. I burst out laughing again because of her face and she just shook her head. She rolled her eyes and speaks.

"Lisa, are you a candy bar?" Jennie suddenly asked and I just smile.

"Is that a pick-up line?" I asked amusingly.

"Just answer it." she replied seriously.

"Okay.. No. Why?" I asked expectantly and Jennie just smirks.

"Cause you're half sweet and half nuts." she said while grinning. I clapped my hands dramatically then put my hand over my chest.

"Wow. That was a good one. Jennie, you're so sweet you put hershey's outta business." I retorted and she just rolled her eyes at me. 

"You're so weird." she muttered and I just nodded.

"I know right." I agreed and Jennie just looks at me weirdly. Then, we both burst out laughing while looking at each other.

I'm glad that I've made her smile and laugh. I just don't want her to worry too much and stress herself out even more. 

The car finally stopped in front of a huge building. Jennie and I stepped out of the car while manager-oppa followed us as we walked towards the building. I hold Jennie's hand and gave her a small smile. She smile back at me as we continue to walk. To be honest, my heart was actually thumping wildly against my chest right now and I felt like I was going to get sick or something. The sinking feeling in my stomach got intense and I took a deep breath to calm my nerves. Jennie looks so nervous too as her eyes are scanning the whole place anxiously. Some people greeted us while we are walking.

We finally reached his office and stop in front of the door. I released Jennie's hand and we follow manager-oppa inside the room.

Our boss greeted us and motioned for us to sit on the couch at the side. Jennie and I settled on it and sit next to each other. Sajangnim talks to our manager for a moment before dismissing him. Then, he walk towards our direction and sat on the couch beside Jennie, facing us. He gave us a stern look and clasps his hands together.

"So.. How are you girls? You just got back from Jeju right?" He started and Jennie and I just nodded as an answer. Then, Jennie started to speak.

"We're perfectly fine sir. The event went well and we actually enjoyed our short time there because people loved our performance." Jennie answers and smile. Wow. She doesn't look nervous at all. She's so cool. She can speak without even stuttering. You wouldn't even notice that her legs are shaking right now. CEO nodded at her and smile. 

"That's good to hear. And I know that you have a flight this afternoon too so let's just make this meeting quick, alright?" He said and we both gulped nervously.

"Right. Why did you call us here today sir? Did we.. do something wrong?" Jennie asked curiously and waited for his answer.

"I summoned you here because I read the article about you guys in a magazine. You mentioned there that you love to write songs Jennie and I am quite curious about that. I didn't know that you have a talent like that." He said amusingly and Jennie blushed.

"About that.. I'm actually not very good at it to be honest. Rosé wrote better songs than me." Jennie humbly confessed and he gasped.

"Really? So she knows how to write songs too?" He asked in curiosity. Jennie speaks again.

"The four of us sometimes compose songs when we have nothing to do at the dorms. So far, I think we already made like 8 songs together. Jisoo-unnie and Rosé wrote the vocal lines while Lisa and I handle the rap parts." Jennie explained and our boss just smiled and nodded approvingly.

"That's great. I was actually going to ask you to give me a sample of your work Jennie but since you said that all of you can do it then, I will just going to ask you to give me a copy of the songs that the four of you wrote together instead." He said while smiling.

"I'll review it and if I get impress by it, then I think I'll consider whether to put it together in your upcoming album or not." He continued and we both gasped.

"Really?" Jennie and I said surprisingly and look at each other. We squeal in joy and celebrate. Our boss turns to me and speaks.

"Lisa. Today is your birthday right?" I nodded and he just stood up and went towards his desk. Then he grabbed a small envelope and went back towards our direction.

"I asked you to come here so that I can greet you a happy birthday before you leave. And of course, to give you my birthday gift." He said and I gave him a sheepish smile. He handed me the envelope and I took it.

"Thank you sir." I said and bows my head at him. He's so generous! 

"Use that to treat your members and celebrate your birthday, okay?" He said and I nodded enthusiastically. 

"Okay girls, you can leave now. Have a safe flight and take care. Just send me those compositions ASAP." He stood up and patted our shoulder. We bid him farewell and walk outside the room.

I look at Jennie after closing the door. We smile at each other and jump happily like we just won a lottery.

"I'm so happy that he still didn't know about us!" I said smiling and Jennie just wrap her arms around me. There are no people around us so it's okay to do this here.

"Yeah. Me too. I really thought he's gonna break us apart. I'm so scared and worried." she murmured and I just her hair. 

"It's okay. Everything's fine now." I muttered and pulls back to look at her face. She nodded and gave me her cute gummy smile.

"Let's go. Manager-oppa is waiting for us." I said and intertwined our fingers. We walk towards the elevator and head downstairs.

 

 

 

We're going to stay in Japan for the next 6 days because we have a lot of commitments there this week. We are going to attend a live tv guesting, photoshoots, promotions, and lastly, a performance on a big fashion event. At exactly 2:43 in the afternoon, we safely landed in Japan and head towards our hotel. We don't have a schedule today so we decided to just go shopping and visit some beautiful places in the country. After unpacking our things, the four of us along with our managers went towards the mall and buy souvenirs. We went inside a shop where there are variety of things and stopped in front of the souvenirs.

"Unnie! This is cute!" I patted Jisoo's arm and pointed towards the hello kitty keychain. She just nodded and looks through the other items. She picked a pikachu design and started imitating it's voice.

"Pika-pikachu." she said and we both laughed at her antics. I saw Chaeyoung trying the glasses one by one while Jennie is busy picking through the stuffed toys. She chooses a pink bear and I decide to approach her.

"You have a lot of stuffed toys in your room. I think you should stop buying one." I said and she just narrows her eyes at me.

"You can't stop me from doing the things that I want to do." she said nonchalantly and I just shook my head.

"I was just trying to give you an advice. There's no room for any more of that Jennie. Listen to me. Your room is too crowded." I reasoned but she just raise a brow at me.

"Let me remind you that I'm older than you. You can't boss me around like that." she retorted and I just gape at her.

"Look, the truth is, it creeps me out sometimes when we were kissing in your room and all these toys were looking at us. It's as if they're watching our every move." I said truthfully and Jennie just smirks.

"You're such a scaredy-cat." she teased and I just pouted.

"But I'm serious! It's really creepy. And if you buy that bear then nini would be jealous. Do you like that?" I said seriously but she just shakes her head. 

"You worry too much. It's cute." she grinned and pinched my cheeks. She's really not taking what I'm saying seriously, huh? Great. 

In the e

Please log in to read the full chapter