Verklempt

Zemblanity
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Verklempt (adj.)

Completely overcome with emotion.

     

      

Chapter 45

 

 

 

Lisa woke up from the beeping sound of the machine next to her as her sight was first welcomed by the white ceiling. She knows where she is and her anxiety erupted. 'Where is Jennie?' 

 

She forced her weak body to get up when two hands held her shoulders, she saw three persons inside her hospital room. 

 

"Dara, call the doctor. She is awake."

She heard her sister commanded the girl who is seating on the couch with her long time beau. Dara was even pleased to obey her best friend as she went outside the room. 

 

Jiyong stood up from seating and went straight to her side, the concern on their faces were obvious to see. But her condition is the least thing she's concern about now. Lisa wanted to know where Jennie is and if she's just alright. She wanted to see her, to make sure that nothing severe happened to her.

 

"Lisa stay still."

 

"I want to see Jennie."

Upon hearing the name, Chaerin look at Jiyong, the guy nodded his head. 

 

"Lalice... Jennie is—"

 

"The doctor is here!"

Chaerin was cut when Dara opened the door with the doctor following her from behind. 

 

Lisa saw the glint of sadness in her sister's eyes but she ignored it when the doctor started checking her. She just wanted to get over with this so that she can see Jennie. 

 

Her girlfriend must be so worried for her. 

 

After a few minutes of checking her, the doctor talked to her sister as she waited patiently at her bed. 

"Can I see Jennie now?"

That caught everyone's attention, even the doctor stopped from talking as she eyed the three in the room. 

 

"Why aren't you all answering? Doctor, can I see Jennie? Where is she?" 

Lisa is getting impatient and not even one of them are planning to answer her. I mean, she's okay. Her head is still light headed and her body is still aching from all the bruises but she is okay. She can still manage to visit her girlfriend if that's what they're worrying about.

 

"I'll leave the four of you."

The doctor excused herself and just like magic, silence filled the room. 

 

"Eonnie?"

 

"Is Jennie okay? Why aren't you answering me? She's okay right?"

 

 

 

In that moment, Chaerin's heart break for her sister. She never thought telling the truth can be so painful. The worst part is to see her little sister broke down in front of her and she can't do nothing to ease her pain.

 

"I'm sorry, Lisa."   Was the only words she can say to comfort her sister. How tragic it is. A love that was meant to
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter