Metanoia

Zemblanity
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Metanoia (n.)

The journey of changing one's mind, heart, self, or way of life.

 

 

 

Chapter 19

 

 

 

After the long cry, Lisa sniffed and harshly wiped her tears. She faced the ocean, the moon dangling low and large in the sky before her. 

 

Nothing made sense to her numbed mind, aside from the fragrant ocean and the warm presence of the person beside her. 

 

Her gaze shifted to Jimin, he has been silent for the whole time she's crying. His black hair was tousled from the ocean breeze, and he was dressed in jeans and a loose white shirt fastened across the milky white skin of his chest by one button.

 

All this time, Lisa see him as a kid but from looking at him now? Jimin is surely look like a grown up man. His dark penetrating gaze and sharp jaw line made him look so manly. 

 

Jimin's lazy gaze wandered over her face in search of something, or maybe he was digesting the information.

 

Jimin cupped her left cheek, caressing it gently.

 

"Lalisa, do you want to dance?"

There's so many things piled up in his mind right now, however there's only one way he can think to neglect everything for a bit. 

 

"Huh?"

Lisa narrowed her eyes in confusion and Jimin shortly smiled at her whilst looking up to see those stars. 

 

It's one of the lucky night where the stars up in the sky can be seen. 

 

"Do you want to dance beneath the stars, Lalisa? ... And just forget the world."

Jimin's suggestion sounds appealing to her ears. His soft voice soothes her radically beating heart.

 

He stood up from his sit, he closed his eyes and feel the wind and the waves as he started to move his body, feet and arms. 

Synchronizing with the nature, his eyes were still close and Lisa who is watching him was again left in awe. 

 

This is not an ordinary dance, this is Jimin's soul. 

 

After a moment of dancing, he opened his eyes only to meet her teary gaze. He smiled solemnly as he walked close to her and offered his hand in front of Lisa. 

 

"Would you like to dance with me?"

That was when Lisa decided to let all go. Let her worries, her pain, and sorrow go as she softly put her hand to his. 

 

Jimin pulled her carefully to stand up.

Right here, right now this is their own world, nothing else seemed to matter anymore. 

 

Their eyes locked on each other. Insane, how their eyes tells a different story, where they wanted each other, like this is what they've been waiting for. 

 

The sound of the ocean was calming under the full moon and stars, the steady ebb and flow of waves, he let go of her hand as they circled each other but their gaze remained locked. 

 

Lisa finally move forward to him and put her hand on his shoulder, Jimin hand slide from her waist to her back as their other hands met. 

 

Together, they danced with the nature, their feet in perfect sync to the beating of their hearts. 

 

They heard a loud blow of wind as Lisa and Jimin started to be one with the nature, they sway their bodies and hands perfectly imitating the sound of the breeze. 

 

The warmth between them grew more powerful by the second, they both s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter