La douleur exquise

Zemblanity
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

la douleur exquise (n.) (french)

The heart wrenching pain of wanting the affection of someone unattainable. 

 

pronunciation | la dU-'lUr eks-'kEz

(la doo-LYEUR ex-KEEZ)

 

 

 

Chapter 8

 

 

What if Peter Pan leave Neverland for Wendy? Will they have that 'Happily Ever After'? 

Will it all be worth it? 

Though, he never did anyway. 

He's too damn scared to take such risk. 

As he make the stupidest decision of letting Wendy go and fall for another man that it's clearly not him. 

 

 

 

We try to understand every circumstances in our life but we can't have all the answers and it's okay. Sometimes not knowing is a good thing than knowing every little thing but it silently kills you. It was like a poison that's been inflicted to your veins and the longer it stays the more painful it will be.

 

 

Lisa was roaming around the city, jumping around and twirling with her new white dress. She wanted to unwind and feel the upcoming autumn breeze, the warm sunlight hitting her pearl white skin and the cool wind blowing her hair, everything feels perfect for her this day. 

 

Until she saw her again. She's walking hands to hands with her new man and they enter in a jewelry shop, Lisa saw her across the street. She went to the crossing lane and waited to the stop light to turn green. 

 

And when it turned to green she hurriedly run fast as she can and after a minute she was on that jewelry shop. She watched them smile to each other and the girl nodded her head to her new man. What a lovely sight.

 

She walked and attempted to get inside the shop but suddenly a strong hand pulled her.

 

"What do you think you're doing?"

He hissed at her, his voice were venomous hurting her at some point. 

 

The smile on her face faded as he looked at her in despised. 

 

"N-nothing. I wasn't doing anything Taye, you're hurting me."

She flinched at the strong grasped on her wrist. 

 

"I just saw them and I remember you, I'm sorry." 

Her voice was low and apologetic. He loosened his grip on her wrist while heaving a deep sigh.

His anger had settled enough for him to admire the flush of her cheeks.

 

"I'm sorry."

He caressed her wrist and pulled her into a tight hug while whispering to her ear how sorry he was. 

 

Lisa balled her hands into a fist, as she turned her head so that he would not see the tears burning to her eyes. 

 

"I understand, Taye. You don't want to hurt her."

She bit her trembling lips and by hearing this, he pulled her closer to him. She can almost feel his heart beating. 

 

"I'm sorry."

He whispered to her again and she just nodded as she hugged him back, clutching his gray long sleeve shirt. 

 

"This must be my l

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter