Nepenthe

Zemblanity
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 Nepenthe (n.)

Something that can make you forget grief or suffering. 

 

( Continuation ... )

      

 

 

Chapter 37

 

 

 

Part of being broken is wanting to be. Putting yourself back together is a choice. It's always like that, we only reasoned to ourselves that it was still hurting us when we can make a move to not stay miserable. 

 

You just need a lot of motivation and strength. The positivity you ignores because hurting is less complicated than trying to actually move on. It's an easy choice and there's nothing hard to work on than to be doleful.

 

 

 

Kim Taehyung wanted to escape from that. He is desperate of forgetting his past as he try to fix the broken pieces which Irene left behind. 

 

Back at his house earlier, he can't stop thinking and staring at a certain photograph of a blonde girl on his MacBook screen. She was eating her ice cream with a wide smile printed on her lovely face. 

 

Which provokes him to also smile all by himself without really knowing the full reason behind of it. And so he decided to take a visit on her place just to clear what he suddenly feels towards the blonde. 

 

He waited in estimated 1 hour and 43 minutes. However just like what he also predicted the wait is worth it. He quickly stand up and walked towards her when Taehyung saw her entering though she didn't noticed his presence, he still hugged her. 

 

It felt like that's what his body has been aching to do with those days that he didn't see her, just to feel up the longing. 

 

He actually starting to dislike the emotions stirring up, mostly when Lisa ignores him just to type a reply with Jimin's text. Although he didn't see Jimin as a competition before? A part of his mind telling him that if he don't move now? He'll lose her. 

 

He can't stand that. Not now. 

He already lost Irene. God, please not also her. Not Lisa. 

 

"What's on your mind Taehyung? Are you okay?"

Lisa noticed him become silent. She put aside her phone and changed the channel. She went back to the seat beside him and place her head at his broad shoulder before letting out a short yawn. 

 

"You'll be surprised."

He chuckled and intertwined his hand to hers then Taehyung caressed the back of her hand with his thumb which Lisa find it really cute and sweet, making her heart flutter a bit. 

 

"Why?"

She hummed and lifted her head to look at the gorgeous human being beside her. 

 

"Nothing."

 

"That's not fair."

Lisa pouted. Taehyung smiled and stared back at her.

 

"You really wanna know?"

She shrugged and then lift his hand so that she can play with his long slender fingers. It really looks pretty. Maybe all about Taehyung is beautiful, Lisa wonders why Irene left him? He's everything girls wanted to have. 

 

"Of course, but if you don't want then it's still okay. I won't force yー"

She was speaking, she was busy admiring the man and all of a sudden Taehyung interrupted her making her heart somersault with what he said. 

 

"You Lisa."

She sat up straight and tilted her head to the side, confused. 

 

"Me? Why me?"

Lisa let go of his hand and Taehyung ran his palm on his face, what was he thinking? He glance at her and she was still looking.

 

"I don't know. It's just that I don't know, maybe I like you?"

Maybe it's the way Lisa looked at him, or maybe her eyes? Those dark hazel orbs that draws you close to somewhat we called euphoria just by staring at it. He really don't know the reason why he confessed when he don't even plan to do that at the first place. 

 

"Oh wow."

Taehyung knows she's speechless, she's been quiet for about 50 seconds before she finally voice a word.  

 

"Yeahh, what should I do now?"

He's as confused as her. Taehyung sighed as he drew closer to Lisa and asked her in a deep tone that he always have. 

 

He also thinks this is a serious matter that needs to talk about. Should he pursue her?

 

"Taehyung?"

Lisa leaned in, close enough that their nose almost touched. 

 

"Yeah?"

He felt breathless by their proximity, though his eyes never leave hers.

 

"Do you wanna make out?"

 

"Pardon?"

 

 

 

 

 

反面には...  

 

 

 

It was dawn, exactly 4 am when Jimin had a rest from all the dance training he did. He headed outside and was surprised to see the constellations of stars, the sun was still out of the view and the cold breeze of winter seeped through his thin parka. 

 

The bus is obviously not available at this hour so he doesn't have any choice but to walk his way to the nearest train station. Upon reaching it he bought the cheapest ticket that will lead him to the first and second stopover. 

 

He rode the earliest morning train of the day and it wasn't a surprise anymore that there's a few people riding with him in this train who are possibly heading to their work place

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter