Zugzwang

Zemblanity
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Zugzwang (n.)

A situation where every possible move or decision is a bad one, or one that will result in damage or loss.

 

 

Chapter 11

 

 

I see 'Life' as where people were always running for something. Running to catch their dreams, running to chase for someone, running to reach their goals and some others were only watching. They stuck their heads at someone's race but forgets that they're also participants in this game. Others were competent seeing the race as a competition when it's clearly not. Probably that's why we are called The Human Race because we're all running for something but with different directions. 

 

At Lisa's part, she loses the fuel to run again. She got tired as she stopped trying, how can a machine run without a fuel? It will be useless. 

Just like her, how can she run again to chase her dreams when she loses her motivation. She has been crippled, stopping her to do what she wants before. 

 

So instead of moving forward, she turned around as she ran to a different direction. A new path that seems unfamiliar to her but she lost her way back. 

 

She only wanted to go back where she started but it turned out like this. As people started to blocked her way to every destinations she see. She only made one mistake but why is she suffering now in this empty dark space? 

 

 

 

Lisa open the door of her so called home. Jimin was amazed as he stepped in to the blonde's humbly home and dang! This is not humble at all. 

 

Jimin thought it will only be a simple condo unit but he didn't expect it to be a penthouse! 

"Noona, you're rich!"

She giggled at his amazed expression. 

 

"Well, surprised?" 

Jimin let out an awkward chuckle as he let himself walked to her living room. 

 

Lisa locked the door and followed suit. 

 

She glanced at the wall clock, 11:20 pm. 

"Park, you won't be able to catch the last trip of the train. Just stay here for tonight."

Jimin also look at the wall clock and it is true that he can't catch it even if he run, the station was too far away from here. There are no bus at this hour and the train stop moving at 11:50.

 

He needed to contact his parents to let them know that he's fine and he can't come home tonight but he forgot his phone at home. 

 

How lucky he is. 

 

And by reading his restless expression, Lisa walked to her room and come out holding a phone. She lend it to Jimin. 

 

"Text or Call your parents. So that they'll know you're safe, tell them you're with your girlfriend."

She playfully joked at him with her last words and they both laughed from remembering how Jimin parents keep teasing and telling that they looked good together and blahblahblahs.

 

"Thanks."

Jimin take the phone and started typing a message to his parents. A few seconds after he sent it from them, the phone started to ring. 

 

"Hello?"

Jimin answered the call hesitatingly.

 

"Explain yourself Park Jimin, you better have a good excuse why you can't go home tonight?! And why are you using a different phone? Where's yours?! Your dad and I bought you one so that you can used it! And it's late Jimin! You should be sleeping so you can come home at seven in the morning! Anyways send my regards to your girlfriend, Love you sweetheart we understand. Bye."

And that's how his mom ended the call, not even letting him answer to all of her questions. 

 

"So?"

Lisa anticipated. 

 

"It seems like they agreed. I thought they would be angry because it's my first time sleeping over with someone else house."

Jimin returned her phone, shrugging.

 

"That's good then! Do you want to take a bath first before you sleep? Because I can still remember how you sniffed yourself earlier."

She pressed her lips into a thin line as she muffled her laughters. She's teasing him again, she doesn't know that this side of her is still alive. 

 

"Noona, stop bullying me." 

Jimin smiled as he shake his head in defeat. 

 

"Do you have a spare clothes?" 

Jimin nodded in all smiles as he answered her. 

"Yeah, I always bring spare clothes with me."

Lisa make an 'okay' sign at her fingers as she went to the bathroom to prepare Jimin's bath. 

 

"Noona? Have you eaten yet?"

Jimin followed her as he watched Lisa preparing his bath, she also searched for a new towel that he can use and toothbrush. 

 

"Why? Are you hungry, Park? I only know how to cook fried foods, instant noodles and pancakes." 

Jimin laughed at her statements. So much for being a girl. 

 

"I can cook for you later, noona."

Jimin pat her head. Lisa stand up and give Jimin the things he needs, he gladly accepted it and went to the bathroom. 

 

Lisa heaved a deep sighed when she heard the running water from the bathroom. She saunter her way to her bedroom and locked it as she change a more comfortable clothes. 

 

She wore a white night gown and p

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter