Nepenthe

Zemblanity
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Nepenthe (n.)

Something that can make you forget grief or suffering. 

 

       

 

Chapter 36

 

 

 

This is a cliché question and maybe you're even so sure what to answer, but try this to contemplate and reflect on things over this matter first. 

 

If you are to choose only one between the two, 'Is it career or love?' And maybe that's not even the question anymore. It's more like a: dream between happiness. 

 

Throughout all of the question and pondering; I know that 'love and happiness' seems pleasing to go with right? Many of you wanted to choose that. But, what if you're in that actual moment? Would you still go with the one you love over your career? 

 

It's your lifetime dream and you rather make it passed? I bet not. 

 

It's so easy to answer that you'll choose the person you love, but giving up your dream over with someone is not easy at all. You need to make the wise decision and take the full consequence of what you had pick. 

 

Though, it is still up to you. Never let someone influence of what you think is better and the wisest choice, so that when you made a mistake? You can't blame others with the uncertain decision you made. Bear with it. Learn from it.

 

 

 

 

 

"Park Jimin?"

The door opened and Jimin looked up to see who just called him in the middle of his dance practice. He saw his dance instructor walking towards where he is. Worry is written on Mr. Dhong's face as he put a hand on Jimin's left shoulder. 

 

"Wae? What is it seonsaeng-nim?"

The young boy still catching his breath from the intensive practice he did earlier. Dhong Yongbae is nervous for his favorite good student, but he don't have any choice. 

 

"The CEO wanted to talk to you, go to his office now Jimin-ah."

He patted his shoulder two times before walking out without explaining much why he is needed in the CEO's office. 

 

The door closed, leaving him all alone again inside the practice room. Jimin started to fix his things as he put it back inside his bag and went out to buy some bottled water at the vending machine before heading towards the president office.

 

Upon reaching his destination he knocked twice before he heard a voice that tells him to go in. 

 

Jimin open the door and slowly entered the room. It's his first time to actually be called in here. 

"Park Jimin?"

He got startled by the voice but quick enough to regain his composure as he cleared his dried throat. 

 

"N-ne, president-nim."

Yang Hyunsuk, turned the black swivel chair around to face the young man. 

 

"How's training?"

The chief executive officer asked. He is smiling that makes Jimin really confused at the moment. 

 

"It was tougher than the past few years but I won't give up sir. I'll do my very best and practice hard even more."

Jimin's head was bowed down. He is nervous to see the man behind Bighit. Although others say that it was not only him who run this business but two of them. 

 

"Good. Because from now on Jimin. You'll be practicing extra harder."

Hyunsuk put his elbows down on his table as he settled his chin with the back of his intertwined hands. 

 

Eyes staring deeply with him which gives uneasiness to Jimin. CEO Yang is surely intimidating. The cold beads of sweat that's forming on Jimin's forehead is a proof for that.

 

"Why sir?"

Jimin tilted his head a bit. His body language shows confusion with the sudden conversation with the CEO. 

 

Hyunsuk managed to let out a deep chuckle as he observed the young man in front of him.

 

"You'll get your debut in a few months."

With a smile, Yang Hyunsuk dropped the bomb. He fixed the way he sits and put his back against his comfortable black leather chair. 

 

Jimin on the other hand was speechless, did he heard it right? 

 

"R-really?"

His brain even stop functioning. Jimin can only muttered those words. Is this real? Will he really get a debut? Does those sleepless nights and sacrifices will now paid off? 

 

He stared at the CEO and he looked serious. He's not bluffing. It's real. 

 

The emotions started to mixed up inside of Jimin, wanting to burst but he remained calm.

 

"So I want it to be flawless. No mistakes. No chances that will be taken for granted. I want it to be perfect."

Hyunsuk went serious, his tone of voice became dangerous and firm. 

 

"Y-yes sir."

Jimin met his eyes.

 

"Good. Now go back to practice."

He clapped. Jimin wanted to shake his hand as a 'thank you' for his gratitude towards the CEO but stopped himself and be professional instead.

 

"Yes sir. Thank you so much! I'll give my blood, sweat, and tears for this sir. I won't disappoint you."

Yang Hyunsuk just smiled at him and turned his swivel chair around to face again his big glass wall.

 

No one knows what's going on inside his mind. But this boy is the perfect match of his former prodigy which rumored to produce a song with some unknown artist this year.

 

 

 

Jimin didn't exactly went back to the practice room. His feet landed him inside the cafeteria where he found Yoongi eating his late lunch. 

 

Would he dropped the good news or just keep it to himself by the mean time? However, he wanted Lisa to know it first so he take aside the thoughts and greet him instead. 

 

"How's your day, hyung?"

Jimin seated across Yoongi as he put down his bag-pack to the empty seat beside him. 

 

"Fine I guess."

His best friend mumbled as he stuffed a spoonful of rice into his mouth. Jimin think of something to retort back so that they can continue their conversation when Yoongi out beat him to it. 

 

"Jimin, can we talk?"

 

"Aren't we talking now hyung?"

Jimin smiled and crossed his arms over his chest but Yoongi looked serious so he shrugged and pushed his inside cheek using his tongue as he nod at the older guy. 

 

"Don't worry kiddo, I just wanna ask you one thing."

 

"What is that hyung?"

 

"Are you living with your girl?"

Yoongi has been straightforward ever since. That's why Yoongi had taken Jimin's trust in that instant and became best of friends even though Yoongi is older for 2 y

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter