Zweisamkeit

Zemblanity
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Zweisamkeit (n.)

The togetherness of two people; a feeling of closeness or affection of being with someone. 

 

 

 

Chapter 14

 

 

We, as daughters and sons? We always want to please our parents and loved ones. We love to see them happy if we did something great. We wanted them to appreciate us if we do something right and every little things that comes ahead. We love the attention that our parents gives but... 

sometimes, that's not the case. 

Sometimes we lack of knowledge to please and make them happy so we end up disappointing them instead. 

Sometimes, we do stupid things that makes them angry. Sometimes we failed their expectations and they end up comparing us to others. 

Sometimes even if we do everything, it's them that's not even trying.

They always see our mistakes even if we prove to them that we already changed. Sometimes it's us who needs to understand. 

We are still kids. Still figuring how life is. 

We know so little about everything. 

You see, It's hard to be perfect if your lacking with understanding but maybe perfection is not what we think it is. Maybe perfection is that quiet hope that even though we fail, we are still trying. 

 

 

"Act like a Manoban!"

 

"Stupid!"

 

"When will you stop disappointing us?"

 

"Lalisa? Oh, you are the black sheep of the Manoban." 

 

"Trash like her real mom."

 

"You don't belong here Lisa, don't dragged her down."

 

 

Lisa is intoxicated by her thoughts while Taehyung and her are having a breakfast.

"Are you okay?" 

Taehyung noticed the blonde's strange aura as she gawked to her untouched food. 

 

"Oh? Yeah. I'm sorry." 

Lisa shake her head as she smiled at Taehyung shyly. He just saw her spacing out and it made her embarrassed at some point. 

 

Her older sister just called to her phone earlier while she and Taehyung were busy making out. Stopping them at what they're doing, she equally felt relieved and irritated. 

 

As she picked up the phone, she also picked the spare clothes that has been scattered at Taehyung's bedroom floor. She put it on and quickly accepts the call. 

 

"Hello?"

 

"Lalisa!" 

Lisa heard her older sister shout at the other line. 

 

"Thank God! You picked up! Dad is really furious."

Lisa heard the worry tone on her sister's voice.

 

"What? What happened?"

Lisa face palm while waiting for her sister to calm down. She leaned her back at the bathroom sink, hoping for the better.

 

 

But I guess, not.

 

 

"He found you. You gotta run Lisa. Once dad catches you? He will bring you back there again, and this time? He will make sure that you can't escape." 

She shivered as the thought of her being in that asylum again crept into her messed up mind. 

 

"No."

Fear was written at her wide eyes.

 

"Chaerin, no. Do something! I don't want to go back there! Please!! Unnie, save me."

Lisa tried not to scream as she speak so low with a pleading tone. 

 

"I'll try but I can't promise you anything. Just be safe okay? I just called to inform you this. I love you, my Lalice."

Lisa tapped the 'end call' button as she curled herself in the corner and cried silently.

 

 

Going back to the present time. Taehyung knew that there's something bothering her as she keep spacing out while they're eating their breakfast. 

 

He reached for her right hand and that stop her from drowning to her thoughts. Taehyung smiled at her as she squeezed her hand lightly. 

"Do you have something to do today? Are you leaving again after this?"

He asked her as she only stared to h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter