Mágoa

Zemblanity
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Mágoa (n.)

A heartbreaking feeling that leaves long-lasting traces, visible in gestures and facial expressions.

 

 

 

 

Chapter 24

 

 

 

Stepping out from adulthood is a risky choice. The things we ought to do when we are young were no longer qualified for us to do it again, preventing a certain person to be the same and enabling the new inside of us.

 

 

 

A clashing sound of utensils drop onto the polished floor, inside the kitchen of Park's humbly home. 

 

Jimin held his breath, not moving any muscle. He slowly looked up to meet his parents gaze, and there they are staring at him with an unreadable expression on their faces.

 

 

"Jimin, son are you sure about this?"

His father was the first one to react, his mother was clearly not buying it. She doesn't like what she heard with her only child. 

 

 

"Dad, I've been thinking this a lot lately and I think I needed this. Well, everyone of us will come out with this point right? Where we'll be moving out from home? I know it's kinda too soon but I needed this, please allow me..."

Jimin put down his chopsticks and stared deeply at his parents eyes, allowing them to know that he is serious about this.

 

 

"But you're only nineteen, Jimin!ー"

 

 

"Mom, I'm turning twenty in a few weeks."

Truly, he's turning twenty. It's October already, his birth month. 

 

 

"Butー"

 

 

"Please mom?"

Mrs. Park slammed her chopsticks down as she stand up and walked away from the kitchen. 

 

The two men only watched her went upstairs, Mr. Park sighed defeatedly. 

 

 

"I'll talk to your mom okay? You know that she's only worried about you, we only have you and that's kinda hard to let go but you're right so you have my blessing Jimin."

Jimin look up to meet his father's gaze and the older Park put his hand on Jimin's shoulder as he squeezed lightly to assure his son. 

 

 

"Thank you dad."

Jimin stand up from his seat and gave his father a tender warm hug which Mr. Park quickly reciprocate his son's gratefulness. 

 

 

"When will you move out?"

His father asked once more, after Jimin break away from the hug. He went back from sitting and took his chopsticks to shove a rice into his mouth. 

 

 

"Tomorrow."

Jimin grabbed the glass and took a sipped at his cold water.

 

 

"ーWhat?!!"

The two men almost spit the food in their mouths when Mrs. Park came into the kitchen, startling her both son and husband. 

 

 

"Why is it that soon?! You just got here Jimin! And now you're leaving again?! You still have no place to stay, young man!"

Mrs. Park went back to her seat while scolding Jimin and her sharp gaze glance at her husband and the older Park immediately reverted his gaze away from his wifezilla. 

 

 

"And you tolerating Jimin?!!"

The husband received a hard slapped on his arm from his wife. 

 

 

"Calm down, yeobo."

Mr. Park nervously gulped as he tried to smile warmly at his angry wife. 

 

 

"Mom, are you on the menopausal stage?ー"

 

 

"What?!!! Oh I'm not letting you go, young man! Do you think I'm that old?!!"

Jimin earned a smacked on the head from his father, the young Park winced in pain as he caressed the spot on his head where his father hit him. 

 

 

"Aigooo, this brat! You're making yourself in more trouble."

Mr. Park shake his head, putting a fresh lettuce in his mouth. 

 

 

"Mom, it's not like that. Even though you're old you still look youngー"

 

 

"Yah!!!"

Jimin earned a smacked on his head again but it's from his mom this time.

 

 

"Aw."

 

 

"Okay, that's enough. We should really talk about this serious matter."

His mother went to furious to serious in that instant. She sipped on her tea a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter