Kalopsia

Zemblanity
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kalopsia (n.)

The delusion of things being more beautiful than they really are.

  

              

 

Chapter 41

 

 

 

Loud booming unfinished mixtape keep repeating inside the small studio on BigHit's third floor. Two girls with headphones locked on their heads and ears were facing the laptop as their whole attention has been focused on that one song with almost four hours. 

 

The black haired girl loudly groaned as she messed her long hair with light purple highlights extensions underneath her hair. She threw the headphones off her head as she stood up from the black swivel chair and plopped herself down at the leather couch. However the brunette girl with full bangs just followed her with her gaze as she also took her headphone down calmly. 

 

"What's wrong, J?"

Lisa turned the swivel chair around and went across Jennie to face the older girl. The latter put the beanie back on her head as she stared at the brunette and her gaze quickly went soft.

 

"You know you can tell anything to me right? We're a team remember?"

She smiled and stood up from her seat to walk in front of Jennie, she bend a little bit to level her best friend's face. 

 

"I know, Li. Thank you."

Jennie can't also help but to smile at Lisa's cuteness, she pulled the brunette to sit beside her. 

 

"So?"

She giggled as she bit her lower lip while still looking at Jennie, secretly admiring her partner's features. Her cat looking eyes and the gums showing every time she laugh or smile, Lisa likes every bit of it. 

 

But then, Jennie's smile slowly disappeared.

 

"Can we really make it?"

She sighed and put her head at Lisa's shoulder, snuggling at her dongsaeng slash best friend and partner. 

 

"What do you mean?"

Lisa frowned. She tilt her head over Jennie's and their hands automatically clasped against each other. 

 

The good thing at a studio room is there were no camera or cctv inside of it. The only camera close here is at the outside hall and other rooms like the dance practice room. 

 

"This. The whole debut thing."

She mumbled and breathe Lisa's sweet feminine scent. When did she really became crazy for her? Believe her or not but she didn't do this on purpose. Jennie even got terrified when she realized that she accidentally fall in love with her best friend. 

 

"Of course, why not? You're a great rapper and a singer, Jen."

Lisa cooed her, encouraging her with honest praises she knows Jennie badly needs right now. 

 

"It's my family. They don't want me doing this. They told me this is only a waste of time that I should go back to school."

She started to grumble and Lisa is all on ears. She nod every complain while caressing Jennie's hand every now and then. 

 

Jennie noticed those little things but too annoyed to appreciate it but Lisa understands. However, little did the brunette know Jennie's heart keep leaping at the warmness she feels towards her. 

 

"I mean, I've came this far Lisa. I don't want to back out just because they said this is not worth it."

Jennie's lips trembled. Lisa was quick enough to engulfed her into a hug before she started to cry. She knows Jennie's weakness and it's herself. 

 

"Then don't, Jen. This is your dream. Our dream, it's always worth it."

She hummed the words and Jennie tried her best not to well up. She only hug Lisa tighter and grasped the fact that she's not alone with this battle, they are both facing it together and that's more than enough to strengthen her. 

 

"You're right, Li. I don't know what I'll do if you're not here."

Jennie whisper and broke the hug only to put her two hands up onto Lisa's cheeks. 

 

"I'm always here."

Lisa stared at her as she nuzzled Jennie's right hand. But then, Jennie frowned and took her hands off on the brunette's face. 

 

Lisa tried to cover her confusion with a wry smile as she tucked a strand of hair at the back of her ear. 

 

"No, you're not. You're avoiding me."

Their eyes met. Jennie now had a pout on her cute small lips. 

 

"I'm not."

Lisa denied and look away. 

 

"Yes, you are. You keep making excuses just to not hangout with me, lately."

She argued and crossed her arms over her chest. Lisa almost chuckle at her adorableness when she suddenly thought about the reason why she low-key avoided her best friend.  

 

"Jen..."

 

"Ever since the drunken scene at the condo, you became distant."

She confronted Lisa and tried to look at her eyes but the latter was looking at somewhere else but her. 

 

"I—"

 

"Did something happened that night? Did I do something stupid?"

Jennie cut her. She eagerly need answers and the thought of Lisa staying away from her kinda makes her go mad. 

 

The preparation of debuting on stage is stressing her already and when this thing adds up? She don't know if how long she can hold on with her sanity. 

 

"No, uhm you were—"

Lisa gulped and shook her head as she bravely stared at Jennie's troubled gaze, but the latter got so impatient and didn't let the brunette finish her sentence. 

 

"I did it don't I?"

 

"Jen, you were drunk. I know that."

Lisa smiled. It

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter