Map - 2

1 Map, 2 Passports, and 30 Days of Risk
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Wow chingus.., thank you for the love. I'm you all love the first chapter.

 

-------------

 

 

 

Amber ‘s POV

 

“Damn Vic! Why am I in Economy?!” I hissed at myself while checking out the seat numbers on the plane.

 

She knows I hate Economy! No leg space and too cramped. At least in the First Class I can stretch my legs and sleep the entire flight.

 

Control yourself Amber… breathe in, breathe out. This vacation will be fine.

 

And Hojoon oppa canceling at the last minute because of his wife is another thing that made me feel down at the same time happy this morning while going to the airport. They just found out his wife of 1 month is already pregnant, a honeymoon baby. I’m so proud of him hehehe…

 

Well… maybe it’s a sign that I need to be alone in this vacation so I can finally decide what I will do with my self after a month.

 

I finally saw my seat number and stared at it… gosh… window seat. Uggh. I hate window seat.

 

My eyes landed on the back of a girl looking out of the window, long brown hair with a gray bonnet on top of her head. Must be a college student…

 

And she’s in my seat. The seat beside the supposed to be seat of Hojoon Oppa…

 

“Ehem…” I cleared my throat calling the attention of the girl and when she turned her head on my direction, I felt like the air inside my chest was suddenly knocked out leaving me breathless.

 

Thank God i’m wearing a facemask or else she’ll see how my mouth dropped upon seeing her beauty. Her smile… it was priceless…

 

One word to describe her beauty that differentiates her to those idols in the industry: HEAVENLY.

 

I’ve seen a lot of beautiful women in my life, some I have bedded and some I have dated. But she by far is the most beautiful one I have ever seen that made me stop and stare without lust in my eyes.

 

She looks so delicate… that hurting her will be your death.

 

What am I saying?! since when did I became this enamored in a girl?

 

“Yes?” her voice… cute. 

 

The way she looks at me makes me shy, and I don’t know why! I awkwardly scratched my nape and pointed stupidly at the seat answering her “Ahh… err… that…that’s my seat.”

 

Amber control yourself! You haven’t been inside this airplane in less than 30 minutes and here you are acting like an idiot.

 

“Ummm… haha… really?! I must have overlooked my seat number hehehe… it’s just that whenever I have the aisle seat the drink cart always bumps my elbows…” she was pouting at me when she said that and I feel like doing cart wheels seeing her pout. It was so cute and not annoying!

 

There are some girls who looks annoying when they pout, thinking it will make them cute. But she, whoever this girl who conquered my seat and trying to kill me with her oblivious cuteness is someone I find interesting.

 

I narrowed my eyes at her but the truth is I was controlling myself not to burst into giggles and asked her “Is your seat this one?” I said pointing at the aisle seat and she nodded eagerly, again, looking cute.

 

How old is she?

 

20? 22?

 

But she’s a full grown woman…

 

That lips… it makes me want to stare at her everyday and just watch her talk.

 

She’s really cute and chatty. I’m not annoyed anymore, I don’t regret being in the Economy seats anymore!

 

“I’m Krystal Jung..” Krystal… I love her name.

 

She took my hand and the moment our skin touched, I felt this electricity inside me and the warm feeling running inside my veins. Never have I encountered an experience like this…

 

When she found out I was a girl and has s, well… barely there s. They look like chest muscles anyway, her reaction was priceless! She wasn’t even bothered and disgusted… like some of the people I meet. She kinda looks so.. happy? I don’t know… maybe I’m just wrong.

 

The way she bit her lips was so satisfying. It can kill you in an instant when you see her bite her lips because it was so sensual without her knowing.

 

She even thought I was an idol…. hahaha…

 

If you only knew…

 

After our short but fruitful introduction, both of us became quiet while the airplane was taking off. I kept stealing glances at her and seeing her side profile, I can say that she is beautiful in every angle.

 

Krystal Jung…

 

You are one interesting person.

 

She caught me glancing at her and she flashed me that smile I will never forget. Before she put on her head phones and eye cover ready to sleep on the flight.

 

Sigh…

 

I’m so so glad I listen to Mom…

 

I put on my headphones too and leaned my back on the seat, closed my eyes and remembered the days before this force vacation of mine.

 

 

 

  

 

2 days before…

 

“Hey Amber, would you like to come with us for a drink?”

 

“Nope, thanks. I still have a lot of papers to review… you go ahead guys, enjoy..” I answered my friend Brian without looking at him as I was reading a report.

 

“Okay…” there was silence. After a while, I heard some footsteps and I know its still Brian, based on the distinct cigarette smell that he emits. He sat on a chair in front of my table and spoke again “Amber, don’t take this seriously dude… but you work so hard you are missing out on the best things in life.” I raised my head from the document I was reading and saw him looking at me with worry.

 

I placed the document down and took off my eyeglasses dropping it on the table before leaning back on my swivel chair. Best things in life…

 

“How can you say that? I have all the best things in life can offer… I have you~~…” I cooed at him to break the tension and it did because she threw my red stress ball that was lying around in my table directly at me.

 

“YAH! Don’t do that cooing thing on me! I’m already over that!”

 

“Hahaha… Dude i still can’t believe you were in-love with me once…” I snorted at him.

 

“Could you please not brought that up again Amber!? That was way back in High School and pimples are popping out in my skin, my braces hurts, and my ego was crushed when you said you like that hot y senior named Lee Sun-mi more than me.”

 

I shook my head teasingly while laughing softly “You got strange eyes back then and strange ideal type tsk tsk tsk…”

 

“You broke my heart but it’s okay, that made our friendship stronger.”

 

“I mean, I was your wingman! I got a lot of fan girls gushing about my iness but here you are.. tsk tsk tsk… I can’t, really…” I was laughing non-stop when he threw the candies I have in my table with an annoyed and embarrassed face. Brian always the easy one to react hahahaha!!

 

He stood up from his seat fixing his jacket with a kind smile on his face “Dude, you were the nicest and kindest person and friend I have ever met. Your heart is gold, and you had a crush with Lee Donghae of Super Junior at that time. So I thought maybe, it’s love. But I know now over the years we have been friends I found out that it was pure sisterly affection.”

 

I smiled at the recollection and sighed “Go, enjoy the night guys. I’ll see you all tomorrow at the presentation… just a reminder, if all of you comes to work tomorrow all wasted…”

 

“Our presentations will be put to the Trash Bin in an instant. Yeah yeah I know that Ms. CEO Amber Josephine Liu!”

 

“Why do all of you likes calling me CEO?!”

 

“Because you are the CEO even if you don’t want to hear it.”

 

“Our company only has 50 employees included us…” I scoffed at him embarrassed of how Brian always state the fact that I am the head of this company.

 

Sigh.

 

“Anyways, I’ll see you tomorrow Amber! Go home and rest for Pete’s sake! Don’t work hard! Let us work hard for you!”

 

“If I don’t work hard with all of you and just sit here inside my office, all of us will wake up one day with no food in our table and no Wons in our bank accounts. I don’t want to take the risk of letting you all down…” my heart won’t take it if I let all of them down.

 

He smiled at me and nodded, understanding what I have in my mind. I owe Brian a lot for being a good and loyal friend. “I hope there will come a day that you will meet someone who can make you say yes and obey whatever that person says, and at the same time bring out the very best in you.” that is one serious right there… he waved his hand at me and went out of my office whistling a happy tune.

 

I leaned back on my swivel chair and spun it around to look at the beautiful view the night time Seoul can offer me from the 10th floor of our corporate building. Twinkling lights coming from the offices and the cars, people possibly busy walking in the streets on their way home of like Brian and my staff on their way to have a good time.

 

Brian’s words crossed my mind, that I took a deep breath and sighed letting out a dreamy look, my face reflecting on the clear glass wall.

 

“Then whoever that person is, I hope we meet soon.”

 

 

 

 

My name is Amber Josephine Liu, Yiyun is my Chinese name, friends call me Amber. I’m 26 years old and founder of a small Mobile App Studio here in Seoul. I was in College when I made my first Mobile Application, actually just a simple game of a Llama jumping up and down that levels up from a cute one wearing a jumper and baseball cap to a deadly Rambo one rescuing a Princess at the end. There were 10 levels and each levels the game gets harder, you have to collect stars to collect points in exchange of Llama power boba drink to make it last until to the next level. Tacos and pizza was also a power up but you have to surpass a special level to earn it. I made it out of boredom one crazy night inside my dorm room at Hanyang University where I took up Computer Science Engineering majoring in Software Development.

 

My room mate Taeyeon unnie who was a Senior back then and also taking up the same major as I am borrowed my laptop one day because she can’t find the charger of her own laptop. She saw the game on my desktop and tried it, she was so loving it that she spent the whole night playing just to finish the levels.

 

By morning, after playing for hours without sleeping, she went to the Head of our Department and showed my game. I wasn’t there that time because I was in another place completing my part time work. I received a message that day from the Dean asking me to see him in an instant, after finishing my work I went there and he talked to me. He asked me if I single handedly made the game and I said yes because I was bored and had nothing to play on. A guy arrived and he introduced him to me as an owner of a Video game publishing company and asked me on the spot to pitch in my idea. We had a private meeting in one of the school’s laboratory and there I explained to him all about my game and why I did it. He asked me what age bracket do I think my game will attract, I smiled at him and let out my most stupid answer.

 

“I didn’t really thought of what age of a person will my game be marketed to. In the first place, I made this game because I was bored and my child like mind is acting up. We all have this heart of a kid inside us even though how old we are, so I can say this is for everyone.”

 

And… I was sent outside. Hahaha…

 

To wait.

 

I don’t know why I have to wait when obviously the Video game guy looks unimpressed with my presentation by just the way he looks at me from head to toe, his eyebrows even going up and down when I was talking. He actually looks so scary…

 

After 5 hours and numerous cups of coffee while waiting for them to go out, Taeyeon unnie already dozing off at the bench where we are sitting, the doors opened and the Video game guy approached me with a blank look on his face then gave his calling card to me and held his hand for a hand shake that I accepted looking clueless.

 

“Miss Liu, you did brought out the kid in me. I would like to buy your game, is 50,000 Dollars okay with you? Call me if you have decided and I’ll be waiting… I will have my secretary make the contract immediately.” he gave me a genuine smile and left with the Dean who gave me a thumbs up. Me standing there still in a dazed and shock.

 

That started my career as a game developer, the money I got I used to put up my own small office and invited some of my classmates to participate. Before we finished our degree, our studio already had a partnership with the Video game publishing company and slowly one by one our works are being recognized.

 

Soon we moved out of our small office and I got an investment from my most favorite man in the world, Dad. He gave me

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter