Map - 8

1 Map, 2 Passports, and 30 Days of Risk
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Hey Chingus! So... Here's our update for today! This was suppose to be 2 chapters, but I changed my mind and just retained it. I haven't been to the Wizarding World of Harry Potter so let's all enjoy this trip!

Thank you very much to all the readers of this story and those who upvoted it! Thank you guys!

Peace Yow!

 

---------

 

 

 

 

Florence, Italy

 

Jessica’s POV

7 hours ago

 

 

“The number you dialed is not available now, please try your call later.”

 

This is new… Soojung’s phone has never been unreachable. I tried to call her number again and the same response was given to me by the recorded voice.

 

“Sica? Who are you calling?” Yuri sat beside me on the couch and placed a platter of cheese on the table.

 

“Soojung… I’ve been trying to call her since 8:00 this morning because I know it’s around 4:00 in the afternoon back home but her number has been unreachable.”

 

I don’t know why… but Soojung suddenly entered my mind this morning that’s why I tried calling her just to know if she’s alright. As an older sister I always worry for Soojung especially now that I have been away from my family for a couple of years.

 

Yuri and I have been living in Florence for 2 years since Uncle Yul gave her the task to run the vineyard and the winery here. It was a big move for the two of us living together in one roof after dating for a year. I left my successful job as a Marketing Analyst and joined her in running the winery, of course I was properly hired by their company so I have a salary.

 

Some people said I was a fool to leave my high paying and prestigious job just because of Yuri, I don’t care. I’m already fed up with office politics and backstabbing, yes I did met a lot of movers and shakers in the business world and I have the potential to level up to a higher position in the company where I was working.

 

I was a competitive dreamer before, I work non-stop with only one goal in mind…. to be on the top. To keep my eye on the prize which is the covetive title of being a Director in the company. It means having your own office overlooking Seoul and power.

 

But when I met Yuri, all of that change. She made me realize that having that powerful position in the company won’t make me happy. I was stressed, overworked, and cursing my bosses when I went to that wine tasting their company had. Wine tastings was my refuge… it makes me forget about the crazy things happening around me. Yuri approached me and offered a glass of their new kind of white wine, she was smiling brightly at me that I can see the sincerity from it. She introduced herself as just Yuri the one in-charge of the Wine Tasting party, it was weeks after and a dozen of coffee dates that I found out she is the daughter of the Wine Company owner and serves as a Director on the Board.

 

She’s freaking one of the Board of Directors of their wine company! And she handles the Marketing and Distribution side of their company! At such a young age!

 

How did I find out?

 

In a Forbes Magazine! Their Wine Company was featured in Forbes Magazine and she was the one interviewed, thus revealing her big secret.

 

I got mad at her for a while and avoided her calls because I felt embarrassed for not knowing her. Our family isn’t that affluent like theirs, we do have a family business but it’s not that grand like the Kwons have.

 

My parents owns the exclusive franchise of a 24 hour convenience store around Seoul having 50 running branches in the city. Business is running smooth plus having a dormitory building near a University. They supported me and Soojung’s study with ease and was able to provide us with everything. Well, Soojung was a full academic scholar back in her Uni days at Sungkyungkwan while I am not hehehe….

 

 

Yuri apologized to me for not saying about her background, she said she felt that it wasn’t important because she doesn’t really introduce herself like that to people. Her Father taught her to be humble and not to flaunt their riches because it is not right. I did forgave her and we continued dating then I introduced her to my family which my parents gladly accepted her and our relationship even if it’s a taboo in our country. My parents are cool… their thinking is different maybe because both of them lived and studied abroad and are open minded. And Yuri wasn’t the first girlfriend I introduced to them hahaha… The dinner was a success but still a disaster for Soojung telling that story again of how her dog Ddungie humped my legs because the dog is in heat. Gross. REALLY GROSS!! Yuri was laughing non-stop especially when Soojung re-enacted my face that time that I almost threw the steak knife to that rascal!

 

Soojung… my sister who has the audacity to criticize me when I needed it and the craziness of a 12 year old kid when we are together. But in her professional form, she’s Krystal Jung the Product Analyst with an analytical mind and charm of a smart lady ready to slay her opponents.

 

It’s costly when we eat together because she’s a big eater even if she has a body to die for. Even if she earns a lot and has the means to pay, the rascal doesn’t bring her wallet everytime the two of us will go out and eat. The responsibility of paying always goes down to unnie… her aegyo always gets me.

 

She’s the only sister that I have that’s why I love her so much. The bond we have is unbreakable, even if we are thousand of miles apart now we still message or talk to each other everyday without fail. Except today…

 

“Sica it’s 12:00 midnight in Seoul! Soojung must be sleeping by now…” she handed me my wine and leaned back on the couch while eating a sandwich.

 

“But it’s weird that her phone is unreachable since 8 hours ago!”

 

“Maybe the battery is drained or she had it repaired you know…”

 

Hmmm… makes sense.

 

I was scrolling on my Twitter when my eye caught something. It was from the AllKpop (I follow them just for fun and other entertainment portals like Soompi and The Seoul Story). It was a newly posted article with the ‘Breaking News’ tag line.

 

‘Amber Liu seen with a mystery woman aboard London flight!’

 

A photo was posted of Amber standing in front of the passengers, maybe talking or singing. Well… where’s the mystery woman here?!

 

“Seobang… have you seen this?” I gave my phone to her. She read it and let out a snort “Hahaha… there’s no one there but my sister.”

 

“Is Yiyun really on her way to London?”

 

“Mom told me she’s having a vacation before deciding about her new contract. The negotiations are still on going because she asked for changes.”

 

“For how long?”

 

“A month… maybe she’s going to hide in London for a month and probably write music or make a new mobile game. She doesn’t like to be inactive.”

 

Hmmm…. make sense. We only met for a couple of times personally because of her busy schedules and we clicked. She’s a very nice person and kind too, funny and clumsy different from the image she shows to her fans. Yuri loves her step sister so much and is really protective of Amber or Yiyun, Yuri always refer to her as Yiyun because Amber is for the fans. But still I don’t have the desire to introduce Soojung to her, she’ll probably go after my sister when she sees her! I don’t want Soojung be involve with artists that has a very complicated life in the spotlight. And I have a feeling Soojung will definitely fall for her because I can see the qualities in Yiyun that my sister will like. Well she hasn’t admitted that she’s a spaghetti like unnie but I know once she meets that Yiyun, she will finally admit it. I’m just so glad she already ended her short lived relationship with that guy, really disgusting.

 

 

“So from London she’ll go fly straight here in Florence for the wedding?”

 

“Yup, she is. With that I remembered, Tzuyu said she wants to fly here earlier but I told her maybe a week before. Is that okay?” she asked me while I scroll on the articles popping up in my feed.

 

Oh wait… this sighting of Yiyun has become a sensation! Everyone is curious about the girl they said she was with on that flight.

 

“Of course it’s okay…. make it 2 weeks before so she can enjoy her vacation… Seobang look at this! All articles are popping up now! They said a fan and passenger from the flight took the photos and posted it in Weibo. Here! Look at the photos!”

 

I opened the article and indeed there are photos of Amber and that mysterious girl on their seats but what the fan captured was just the…

 

“How can they say that Yiyun is with that girl? Do they have any proof? Maybe that is her seat mate on the plane.. that’s just gossip don’t believe on that. They captured a photo showing her back and her head and a blurred side profile, that’s not a proof that they are traveling together. Yiyun went with Hojoon I supposed.”

 

There’s something familiar with that head and hair… and that back… and that side profile… and that bonnet… but…

 

Nah.. impossible.

 

It’s not Soojung, she’s probably sleeping like a log now inside her room with Ddungie beside her. Snoring and drool dripping at the side of … yeah… that’s it. Why would she fly to London without telling me?

 

It’s not Soojung.

 

 

 

 

11:20 PM

 

Yuri is already snoring in our bed but I’m still up and reading a book beside her. I still can’t reach Soojung’s number, maybe I should call Mom or Dad. I just have this urge to talk to her and confirm something.

 

I dialed Dad’s number and after a couple of rings he answered the call with a sleepy voice.

 

“Hello Dad… it’s Sooyeon… ummm Good morning! Hehehe…”

 

“Oh, Sooyeon-ah… honey good morning… why the sudden call?” Dad yawned on the other line and snickered “Sorry honey… what’s up? Is there a problem?”

 

“Dad I can’t contact Soojung’s phone since yesterday, is she okay or her phone is it working?”

 

“Soojung?! oh her phone! Well ah… your sister is still sleeping but she was out yesterday maybe her phone battery died that’s why you can’t contact her. Don’t worry I’ll tell you called or send a message to you in KakaoTalk. Have you tried leaving a message?” HUH?

 

“Well… I haven’t… can you wake her up now and let me talk to her Dad?…”

 

“Talk to h-her… ah… sure! Wait I’ll just go outside our room and check if she’s already awake…” Dad is acting weird…

 

I heard some noises and some ruffling on the background before he spoke again “Sooyeon-ah honey… your sister already left early this morning hahaha… ummm… she left a note saying she will have a run and a breakfast meet with Luna and Byul… yes that’s it hahaha… just contact her in her KakaoTalk honey that’s more cheaper than long distance calls. I love you so much honey and I miss you! I’ll go ahead because your Mom is calling me now, see you soon!” toot toot toot…

 

That is weird… Dad is weird.

 

He’s right… maybe I can contact her in KKT… just send a message.. or maybe I can call her in her LINE account.

 

I type in some messages for Soojung and sent it in her KKT and also LINE. She’s online… so definitely her phone is alright! Maybe her cellphone line is the problem..

 

“Oh! She read the messages! So she’s really online…”

 

Let’s call her in LINE…

 

I tapped the call button and waited for it to ring, but no one is answering. Why wouldn’t she answer???

 

Calling her again…

 

A couple of rings and Soojung answered the phone in a low voice “Unnie! Hahaha… umm… hi…”

 

“Soojung! I have been trying to call you since yesterday but I think there is a problem with your line, have it check. I just got off the phone with Dad and he is acting so weird hahaha!!! So how are you? Are you fine? And why is your voice so low?”

 

“Hey unnie! Yeah I’m okay… hahaha… really? You can’t contact my phone… strange..”

 

“Yeah… so Dad said you were having a jog…”

 

I heard her saying something at the background, maybe talking to another person? “You haven’t have dinner, later.” Dinner?? it’s still early morning in Seoul…

 

“Soojung-ah… are you with someone right now? Dad said you’re outside…” Dinner… maybe I heard it wrong..

 

“Oh unnie! Yeah yeah no I’m alone… yes… I’m outside hahaha…” I thought she’s with Luna and Byul??

 

Yuri suddenly stirred beside me and sat on the bed, took the book away from my lap and threw it at the floor then pulled the blanket covering the two of us. Hahaha… already missing me?

 

“I’ll talk to you soon Soojung-ah it’s already night time here and Yuri is protesting… I love you!”

   

“Yup, see you soon bye! Love you! Regards to Mickey Mouse!” then the call got disconnected instantly.

 

Strange.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Amber’s POV

 

7:00 AM London, England

 

I woke up from my slumber missing her warmth… yes, I did managed to convince her to sleep in my room. With a pillow in between us because she said we need a barrier so I wouldn’t do things to her.

 

In the end, she was the one who crossed the barrier because of how she sleeps. She was all over me that I woke up a couple of times because I can’t breathe! Her arms were over my throat choking me!

 

We slept beside each other and I don’t know why but it was a good feeling sleeping beside her. Like something I want to do for the long run. The first girl I slept with without touching and leading to something ual. That’s an achievement.

 

Maybe my Yoga helps that’s why I can control myself beside her and I was too afraid to do anything inappropriate because we just met each other yesterday. Kisses are okay… just that. No touching whatsoever because if that happens… I don’t know. Maybe I’ll completely lose myself and trap her beneath the sheets and just stay inside the Suite all day long.

 

I stood up from the bed brushing my short hair and went outside the room searching for her. I found her at the living room sitting on the couch with her feet raised on the table still wearing her pajamas holding the hotel stationery again and a pen. She took a sip of her coffee and looks like she’s writing something… and wow… that’s a good looking map she have here…

 

 

She looked up and flashed her beautiful smile at me that made my heart drop. Damn… how can you be so pretty even if you just woke up minutes ahead of me? And that round reading specs adding more appeal on her.

 

“Good morning Earthling…”

 

I don’t know what entered me but seeing her so pretty this morning made me do things I don’t usually do. I sat beside her and captured her lips for a soft kiss then greeted her “Good morning.” she was just staring at me after what I did and it somehow made me nervous. Did I do it wrong?

 

But when her lips slowly curved into a smile, I know… I did right.

 

“Now it’s definitely a good morning…”

 

She brushed her thumb on my eyes one after the other and chuckled “You still have morning stars Earthling… clean your face first and I’ll make coffee for you. Go..” she tapped on my cheeks and gave it a peck before going back to what she is doing.

 

Damn… mornings like this… I’m IN.

 

When I went back to her after having a quick refresher, a cup of coffee is already waiting for me at the table and some sugar packets and creamer, and a small cup of milk and the honey that the hotel always provides me. “I don’t know how you make your coffee so I didn’t put anything first.”

 

“It’s okay…” I sat beside her and took the cup of milk and honey “It’s milk then honey. Just that.”

 

“Coffee with milk and honey? Is that good?”

 

“Of course it is! Here try it…” after stirring the coffee, I spooned a little and brought it to to taste. “So… how was it?”

 

“Hmmm…. it’s okay. But I still like it black…”

 

“Black is bitter, eww.”

 

“But you didn’t complain earlier when you kissed me…”

 

Oh.

 

I think my cheeks just turned red with that statement.

 

“Earthling… you’re blushing~~…” she whispered at me and pinched my cheeks. I made a funny face at her and took a sip of my coffee while taking a peek at her map on the table.

 

Its a World Map in silver, this is the first time I have seen a map like this. Usually it’s multicolored with demographics and everything you call that. I took a good look at it getting near… why does it looks like it was shaded?

 

“It’s a scratch Map Earthling… you see this..” she pointed at a shaded part of Singapore “If one country is shaded it means I have been there.”

 

“Cool…”

 

“I haven’t been to everywhere that much but maybe after this trip I can plan again to go to the other places I have not visited. This trips to Hong Kong, Singapore, etc. are all with my family members and some with friends. This one in the U.S. is because I was born there and my family frequently flies there when time permits to visit relatives.” Another fact about her.

 

“So you were born in the U.S. where exactly?”

 

“San Francisco. Both of us siblings were born there because Mom and Dad also met there when they were studying. I was 4 or 5 years old when we went home to Seoul because Dad was hired as a stock broker in the Korean Stock Exchange. Now he has his own business with Mom they run it together. My sister Jess--”

 

Ding dong… Ding dong…

 

“Oh, the food is here!” she exclaimed cutting our conversation. “Get the door Earthling, our breakfast is here!”

 

“You already ordered breakfast?!”

 

“I did! Because we have to eat before heading out… open the door come on~~…” she pushed my shoulders playfully grinning at me. Tsk tsk tsk… now I’m a servant..

 

I stood up from the couch and almost tripped because of surprised when she used her feet to push me, her feet landing on my .

 

“YAH!”

 

“I thought you got a small , it’s kinda firm huh…”

 

“ert…” I snickered which earned a merong from her.

 

Surprisingly, our breakfast for this morning is quite… healthy? Is it?  

 

She got us 2 fresh fruit bowls, yogurt, some whole wheat toast and boiled egg and Banana. Plus cereals and oatmeal. Looks like someone needs fiber in the morning…

 

With the volume of food we ate last night, we definitely need a lot of fiber to flush that out.

 

The trolley of food was brought by Alfred my regular Butler here in Grovesnor. He wasn’t here yesterday when we arrived that’s why a different staff guided us to the Suite.

 

“Good morning Amber..” he greeted me in his kind and baritoned polish English accent that I always admire. He’s already in his 50s but still working here at the hotel and has always been kind and accommodating. Dapper and moves with grace, I always thought he looks like Hugh Grant because of his blue eyes hehehe…

 

“Good morning to you too, Alfred. I’m glad to see you again…” we shook hands exchanging happy smiles. He saw Krystal standing beside me with a curious smile and introduced his self “Good morning Madam, my name is Alfred and I am Amber’s personal butler here in Grovesnor.” he bowed at Krys like an English gentleman he is and flashed his smile.

 

“This is Krystal Jung…uhh…” how do I say this…

 

Say ‘My girlfriend…’

 

Shoot. Are we already on that level?!

 

Idiot! You already kissed the girl and you liked it! You already slept with the girl!

 

Correction: slept beside each other in one bed. No physical activity involved.

 

“Good morning Alfred it’s a tremendous honour to meet you, just Krystal…” she shook Alfred’s hand with a smile. After that she clapped her hands excitedly “So! This is our breakfast I supposed? Lovely!” Woah. Sudden English accent from the girl out there! My eyebrow raised hearing Krystal speaking like Kate Beckinsale. What else will I discover about you Krystal Jung besides being a big eater?!

 

“Very well then, if you insist… Krystal it’s an honour to finally meet Amber’s lovely princess. Have you been enjoying your stay here?” I was left to close the door while the two of them are chattering while Alfred prepares the food in our table. She really can charm her way to everyone she meets tsk tsk tsk.

 

Way to go Alfred! Princess huh!

 

I followed them to the dining area when I remembered a very important thing. … Alfred might have a slip of the tongue and tell Krys about my other profession!

 

“Alfred!” I walked hurriedly to their direction and the old man turned around with a smile. Krystal was too engrossed with the food in front of her to see my panic state.

 

“Yes, Amber? Would you like a cup of coffee? Breakfast is served…” he motioned to the table with a very delighted girl motioning for me to sit beside her and eat.

 

“Ahhh… I need you in the room to check our dresser… yeah! Check our dresser! I saw something in there, quick!” I pulled him quickly and smiled at Krys grinning “This will be quick Krys, start without me!” she just nodded at me with a curious look.

 

When we entered the room, I immediately locked it and faced Alfred, took a deep breath and exhaling it loud before speaking “Alfred, I have a situation.”

 

“You will really have a situation after we exit this room Amber. Number 1 rule for being a gentleman is to not keep the lady waiting when it comes to food.” aiiissssh!!

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter