Map - 1

1 Map, 2 Passports, and 30 Days of Risk
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: HEY CHINGUS! I'M BACK! READY FOR THE FIRST CHAPTER? HERE YOU GO! ENJOY!

 

-------

 

 

 

“Passport?”

 

“Check!”

 

“First Aid kit?”

 

“Check!”

 

“Don’t forget to send a message to us every day…”

 

“Morning, Noon, Night before I go to sleep… Mom I’m already 26!”

 

“Hush Soojung! What else… oh! Your Boarding Pass?! Do you have it now?”

 

“Yes Mom…”

 

“You already have your Yoona unnie’s number? Call her, okay if--”

 

“Yes Mom I will call her in case… anyways… don’t be a worry wart!”

 

“Your eyeglasses?! Wear your eyeglasses!”

 

“Mom, it’s called sunglasses.”

 

“Your wallet?!”

 

“It’s here Mom…”

 

“Credit cards--”

 

“Credit cards, Debit cards, Discount Cards, Life Card, Health Card, Country Club Membership Card, Etude House Discount Card, even include a Pokemon card…”

 

“Cash?”

 

“My Pounds are already secured in my handbag Mom… don’t worry i didn’t brought a whole attache case or I’ll be accuse of money laundering..”

 

“I am still not convinced on this backpacking thing Jung Soojung…” sigh. Mom is starting again…

 

I cupped Mom’s face and smiled at her widely, happiness and excitement written all over my face “Mom… I will be alright. I can do this alone and I am capable of taking care of myself. I need to do this… I want to do this…” her face laced with worry but still managed to smile at me.

 

“Be careful, you know how much I love you…” we shared a look and I know Mom is sincere in saying those words. Every damn single day that she says it to me ever since I came to this world. She pulled me for a tight hug and I reciprocated it, feeling my Mother’s warmth and support to this craziness I am going to do.

 

“I love you too Mom… so much..” we broke the hug and I leaned back smiling at her like a kid “I’ll send a postcard in every country I will visit. Promise…”

 

“And I will be waiting for it Soojung..” she caresses my cheek and brushes my long hair tucking it behind my ears. “Enjoy your trip and make as many memories that you want…”

 

“I will Mom…” Okay this is enough goodbyes!

 

“Yeobo…” Dad called tenderly to Mom when he saw how his wife of 30 years looks like she’s going to start crying. “Soojung is old now, she can take care of herself. Right my pretty one?” he ruffled my hair and beamed happily at me.

 

“Yup, I will.” I grinned at Dad. Mom let go of me and I gave Dad a tight hug which he also reciprocated with a loving hug. “Take care of Mom and Ddungie, I’ll see the 2 and a half of you after a month, arasso?”

 

“Send postcards and also just a simple text pretty one… we’ll see you at Firenze in a month.” he gave me a tight squeeze and leaned forward to my ears and whispered “The most beautiful sceneries are best captured by your mind and not by a camera lens. Enjoy your trip pretty one, I can’t wait for your stories after..”

 

“I’ll remember that Dad, I love you.” we smiled at each other and I gave him a kiss on his cheek before breaking our hug.

 

I took one last look at my parents who were waving at me before I entered the gate that will bring me to the boarding area.

 

You can do this Jung Soojung! You are one strong woman and this is your dream!

 

Finally!

 

My dream since I was in High School is coming true! I’m gonna go backpacking in one of the most fascinating continent on this planet and everyone’s dream destination : EUROPE.

 

 

 

 

 

My name is Jung Soojung, English name is Krystal. Yup, Krystal with a ‘K’ and not ‘C’. Why? I don’t know to my parents they are the one who named me, I just accepted it without any much choice. I am 26 years old but looks like 22 years old hehehe… that’s what I tell to myself in front of the mirror every morning. I was a successful and most sought after Product Analyst in Korea before I decided to leave my very stressful but fulfilling work in the jungle and exchange it for a mega chance of a lifetime to finally fulfill my dream of traveling to Europe.

 

Currently single as of 6 months ago due to a break up that I initiated because I caught him going out of Lotte Hotel with a model looking guy old enough to be called his dongsaeng! The nerve of Kim Jongin! Now I understand why in our 3 month old relationship, he only kissed me once and its on my cheek. Actually, I don’t even know why I accepted his confession. I think its because of peer pressure…

 

WOW. At my age I still succumb to peer pressure.

 

Well, peer pressure isn’t just in schools… its also available in work places. I gave in to my office mates’ chanting and match making that they believe is ‘You and Jongin compliment each other! He’s gentle and soft and a true gentleman Soojung…’ oh yeah that. Sorry for the words…

 

I’m just glad we are over because in the first place, I’m always uncomfortable when we are together. Not uncomfortable because he might do something to me… its just that… it doesn’t feel right. Thank God for having a busy work schedule we don’t have time for each other often. And seeing him that day going out of the hotel looking chummy with his boy toy is the best excuse to break up with him.

 

Why am I at the hotel? I was with my parents we ate dinner at the lounge there with some of our relatives. Don’t think anything bad!

 

When I told unnie about it over the phone, she laughed at me and even had the nerve to tease me asking why I took a guy like him when in the first place my ideal person is manly and will take care of me, someone I can depend on with my while life without worry at the same time listens to me and gives me the freedom to do what I want. The guy was soft as a marshmallow and more feminine than me! Also adding that I should stop proving that I am straight because the truth is, I breathe rainbows on my mouth.

 

My sister, Jessica Jung Sooyeon is in Firenze. Florence, Italy actually.. I just like saying the word ‘Firenze’ because it rolls in my tongue like an Italian. She settled there with her fiancée who runs their family vineyard and the winery. She’s also a Korean and their family owns the biggest selling wine brand here in Korea.

 

She.

 

Yes, Jessica unnie is in a 3 year relationship with a very nice, kindhearted, smart, and loving, goofy woman named Kwon Yuri aka Mickey Mouse Yuri whom my parents and I love so much. They accepted Jessica unnie and Yuri unnie wholeheartedly, that’s how open minded my parents are since they lived for a long time in the U.S. and is very accepting in that kind of relationship, very open.

 

So accepting that my Father even asked me why I took Jongin as my boyfriend when all the while they thought…. hmmm…okay.

 

Jessica unnie was a Marketing Analyst who loves wine. My sister breathes wine, if she can drink wine for Breakfast she will also do that.

 

Yuri unnie’s wine company that her family owns conducted a wine tasting in Seoul. They met there, both has the same passion for wines and everything they can talk about, one invited the other one for coffee, had a few friendly dates, wine and cheese tastings, a lot of just-the-two-of-us dates, a Hongkong Disneyland date, and the rest is history. Yuri unnie’s father gave her the chance of a lifetime to handle the main winery at the Tuscan soil, at Firenze, and because she loves Jessica unnie the most and doesn’t want to be away from her… she asked my sister to join her. And my sister did… because she wants more wine in her life.

 

Kidding. Hehehe…

 

Of course she joined her! Because she loves Mickey Mouse Yuri and she doesn’t want to be parted from her Seobang~~ - everytime I hear her call Yuri unnie Seobang~~ on the phone I always that I am gagging. It was just so cringe worthy. Uggh. I don’t even call my ex 'names'… I only call him on his name. The very moment I find myself uttering the words ‘honey’, ‘sweetheart’, ‘yeobo’, ‘babe’, ‘baby’, and a lot more of disgusting endearment - I’m going to slap my forehead hard.

 

They have been living there for 2 years and in a month… will be getting married. That’s why the end point of my trip is Italy to attend their wedding. I will be meeting my parents and other relatives there with all the experiences I will collect in my 30 day journey across Europe. And after  that, maybe finally decide what I will do with my life.

 

Back to my cringy ex-boyfriend…  

 

After the break up that day, Jongin and I became strangers. Next thing I knew, he was already telling everyone that he was the one who broke up with me because I’m so stiff in bed.

 

Stiff in bed.

 

Stiff

 

In

 

Bed.

 

How can I even be called ‘Stiff In Bed’ when in the first place, we haven’t even kissed and most importantly I don’t even let him touch me for Pete’s sake! I admit, I am a log in bed because I sleep like a log.

 

Even had the nerve to tell that I am one lousy kisser. Like, duh?

 

He should have tried it first.

 

Ewww.

 

Just looking at his thick lips and I’m already shaking my head. No way and no plans of having that prick snatch this precious lips of mine.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter