Chapter 18: One Whole Month of Getting Used to it

Welcome to Touchstone
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Dorm head!”

“Yiseul!” 

The call of her name rang out from different directions. But, she had no time. She was busy doing homework and had completely forgotten about the meeting scheduled. Rushing out of her dorm room, she moved quickly down the hall.

“I’ll be back soon but for now–,” she begins to say when she nearly bumps into someone. “Sorry,” she apologizes to Jinhwan before moving around him. 

“Where are you going in such a rush?” Seungyoon raised his voice so she would hear him from down the hall.

“I have a meeting.”

Without further explanation, she hurries off. 

“Meeting?” Seungyoon mutters to himself and he suddenly realizes. “The dorm heads meeting?”

“She managed to stick around for the first one,” Jinwoo comments with similar surprise. 

“Not the record but she’s definitely stayed longer than most,” Seungyoon agrees. 

Arriving before the door that separates their wing from the next, Yiseul hopes they’ll let her in. But before she could even knock, the door suddenly opens and Joohyuk greets her with a bright smile.

“I heard my residents gave you a hard time the other day,” he says.

“It wasn’t me but Junhoe.”

“Ah, Junhoe.” He doesn’t comment further but invites her in. 

She follows after him and as his residents stare on in curiosity. Eventually, the two meet up with the Dean and Jisoo sitting in Center body’s common area. They quickly took their seats to start the first meeting. 

The Dean smiled brightly in Yiseul’s direction and she noticed. 

“I’m glad you could make it, Yiseul.”

“I read that it was mandatory,” the young girl responds, not understanding the real reason behind the older woman’s words. Judging from the grins on the other two, they had caught on unlike her. 

“So, let’s get started,” the Dean breathes as she organizes all of her papers. “You all are aware of your responsibilities so there is no reason to go over them again– Jisoo, I have learned that your residents have been well-behaved. Joohyuk, your residents’ grades have been improving…,”

Those two are certainly impressive and she–,

“Yiseul, I’m pleasantly surprised to learn that Mino and Jinhwan’s attendance had gotten much better. It also came to my attention that Bobby finished his recent presentation fine.”

She looks up, startled by the unexpected positive remarks. But, surely, that isn’t enough. 

“There is an issue though. Most of the West wing dorm residents failed their first exams. I suggest you focus on that next, Yiseul.”

The other two stifle their laughter and while Yiseul nods her head. 

“I look forward to seeing more advances in the next two months,” the Dean adds with a smile. “So, this month, I would like to see each of you coming up with an event for all of your residents and there is a need for a surprise room check– notice I said, surprise. As a reminder, we are a dry dorm.”

The three nod.

She claps her hands together with a sigh. “Okay, meeting done.”

Yiseul looked around as soon as she heard the unexpected words. Jisoo and Joohyuk appeared used to it as they merely went along with it. She shuffles to her feet and the four say their goodbyes. 

Absentmindedly, Yiseul returns.

“Dorm head! Dorm head! Dorm–,” Junhoe comes to a sliding stop before being shoved aside by Jennie behind him.

“She needs a break!”

He stumbles before regaining his balance. “What if I was going to say the dorm is on fire?”

“Put it out,” Jennie retorts before grabbing Yiseul’s hand and leading her away. 

“What if someone was going to kill me?!” 

“Talk the person out of it! Stop asking ridiculous questions.” They finally arrive before Yiseul’s room. “Okay, go bundle up. We’re going somewhere.”

“Where?”

“Ask questions later.”

***

“Even though Junhoe made us miss the first bus, we still managed to get here,” Jennie says with a sigh.

“What did he want, Yiseul?” Jisoo asks.

“He wanted to show me a video.”

“A video?” The two look towards her in curiosity. 

“Of a baby kitten.”

Jennie presses her lips together. “That was the emergency?” She rolls her eyes. “Anyways, have you ever been to town?” Jennie beamed as the three got off of the bus– Jisoo has also joined them on this little impromptu trip. 

Yiseul shakes her head. Since entering the University, she has stayed on campus. 

“I’ll have to make sure you enjoy your first visit then,” Jennie promises. 

“Jennie and I come into town a few times during a month for one reason,” Jisoo explains. 

“What reason?” 

The two motions toward the building as soon as they arrive. “The sauna.”

***

It was awkward for lack of a better term. Yiseul wraps the towel tightly around herself to keep her bare body hidden and steps inside the shower area. 

“You’ve never been, huh?” Jennie asks with a knowing smile. Everyone’s first time is usually accompanied by embarrassment and uneasiness. 

Yiseul shakes her head.

“We are all women with the same parts,” she suddenly says. “So–,” she sighs and drops her towel in front of Yiseul as demonstration. If one is brave, it will definitely encourage the other. 

Yiseul refuses to look away from Jennie’s face but her wide eyes reveal her shock. In hilarity, Jennie cracks up. 

“Come on, your turn.”

“I don’t think I can–,”

“You’re going to stand out,” Jisoo comments as she walks by in her own comfortable ness. “Look around you.”

Yiseul only now realizes of whom she is surrounded by. So, inhaling a deep breath, her hands loosen around the white towel and it drops to the floor as her bare skin is met with the steam. 

Jennie and Jisoo find themselves suddenly speechless. Not because Yiseul actually did it but because of the one thing that stood out upon her skin on her chest. Recovering their smile, they refuse to make Yiseul self-conscious about it. 

“A cla

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter