Chapter 5: Life Will Never Be the Same

Welcome to Touchstone
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Gangs? Yiseul thought before responding, “like, posse kind of gang?” 

Junhoe and Bobby burst out laughing so loud that she thought the other residents may wake up from the sound. 

“No, Yiseul,” Jennie softly replies, amused by Yiseul’s innocent answer. Maybe she should have explained more clearly earlier during their cram session. “He really meant gang and I’ll just clarify now that it is indeed illegal. So, this situation shouldn't be funny.” She shoots the laughing two a look.

Yiseul falls quiet.

“These are the types of people at West Wing,” Jennie whispers. 

“What do you mean by types, Jennie?” Junhoe’s laughter dies down. “Are you insulting us?”

“What types of people are we, Jennie?” Bobby adds. “Jinwoo, aren’t you going to say anything?”

Jinwoo had his eyes still set outside and unconcerned with the current conversation.

“Hey, back off,” Jennie retorts upon seeing Junhoe and Bobby close in on her. 

“So, what exactly is going on down there?” Yiseul draws them back to attention. 

“I think a fight is going to start soon,” Jinwoo responds. 

“Where?” Junhoe’s unhappiness towards Jennie is a thing of the past as soon as a fight was mentioned. Him and Bobby crowd around the window once more. 

Leaving them, Yiseul returns to her room.

“Yiseul?” Jennie stared after the girl.

“She’s probably going back to sleep,” Junhoe says, “there is nothing she could really do – “

“Yiseul?” Jennie repeats, this time in more confusion. 

The three young men turn around to find Yiseul with a jacket on and her attention aimed at the elevator. Slipping on and before the doors could close, the four join her. 

“I’ll regret it for the rest of my life if I missed this,” Junhoe looks down at Yiseul with a sly smile. 

So, at almost 2 in the morning, Yiseul stood outside of Touchstone dorm’s entrance to find a standoff between a small group of about seven people and a single person. 

“That would be Jinhwan,” Jennie leans over to alert Yiseul. Subtly, she points at the single individual with his back facing them. 

“Looks like we got an audience,” a member of the large group comments. “Or is it Jinny’s backup?”

“Nope,” Junhoe waves the suspicion away, “carry on without any worries.” He leans over, “I’ve actually never seen a fight so close up before.” 

“It’s nice to have front row seats, huh?” Jennie sarcastically retorts before looking beside her. “Yiseul, what should we do?”

“I don’t know.”

Her blunt honesty renders Jennie speechless for a second. “But I thought you had a plan.” 

Well…Yiseul looks away from the commotion and something immediately catches her eye. Without another word, she walks away towards the 10-foot structure with the blue light glowing at the top. 

And, that would be the emergency blue light phone.

Something that exists on every corner of the campus to promote safety. 

Jinhwan begins to get irritated. In the midst of shooting the four behind him a look, he notices a young woman in gray pajamas at the blue light phone. 

“What are you doing?” The same member of the group calls out to Yiseul.

“What is she doing?” Junhoe questions the others beside him.

“I have yet to have her figured out,” Bobby comments which earns him a look from Jennie. 

So…how does she use this? Ducking around, Yiseul tries to find the instructions. After a moment, she notices the button beside the intercom and presses down. 

A voice comes over, “what’s your emergency?”

“She’s going to get him arrested,” Junhoe takes it upon himself to narrate the entire event. “Well, the previous dorm heads each did it at least once…but she holds the record for it being the fastest.”

“Dude,” Jinwoo comments. He’s totally unaware of the severity of the situation.

Jinhwan tries to figure out what she’s planning from where he’s standing. In contrast, the small group catches onto what was happening and pats each other on the arms. Sharing a few words, they finally decide to leave. 

“Where the hell are you guys going?” Jinhwan shouts after them. 

“We’re not going to wait here to get arrested, idiot!” 

“Idiot?” Connecting the dots, Jinhwan turns his head back in Yiseul’s direction to see her walking towards him. 

“They said five minutes,” she alerts him. “So, let’s wait together.” When he tries to leave anyway, she grabs onto the sleeve of his jacket. “Stay.”

“Like you can make me.”

“It’s best to have someone here that can explain what was happening,” Yiseul suggests while Jinhwan works hard to pry her grip off of his jacket. 

Eventually losing the desire to escape since he couldn’t exactly wrestle his way out of this one, he gives up. With a huff, he sticks his hands into his jacket to ward off the cold nipping at his fingers while Yiseul’

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter