Chapter 53: The Unexpected Sides

Welcome to Touchstone
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

As soon as the courtside game ended, Yiseul notices the few faces that disappeared without her realizing. 

Seungyoon, Rosé, and Lisa. 

For a moment, she thought Rosé might have returned to the haunted mansion, but Yunhyeong is still here. And, speaking of him, why does he seem so tense? A few times she caught the others talking to him only to find he had been spacing out. 

“The finale is here,” Jennie says while holding onto Yiseul’s hand. “Let’s head to the concert.” 

They join the other students who have started to gather to a form the large crowd. Loud chattering and laughter fill the air and cease the moment the lights brightened, drawing everyone’s attention to the outdoor stage. 

Looking at her own residents, she notices the look of excitement. In turn, it brings a smile to her own face. 

There is one person who draws her attention. 

Chanhyuk.

She watches him peering over and between people as if he’s looking for something. She tries to find out and soon she finds her answer in the form of a person. He’s worried about Suhyun who is in a company of a boy. 

“Is everything okay, Chanhyuk?” Yiseul asks. 

He flips his head over and looks at her. “Suhyun has got me worried again.”

“What about?” 

He sighs. “You wouldn’t understand, dorm head.”

“Do you plan on stressing yourself out like this forever?” she wonders. “What happens when you’re not around to differentiate the good and bad for her?”

“Well…,”

“You’ve been a good brother to her, but she has to learn now,” Yiseul says with a smile.

“Chanhyuk, let’s enjoy the concert,” Seunghoon reaches over to hook his arm around the boy’s neck just as the event begins. “Unless you think so little of Suhyun–,”

“Why would I–,”

Riled up, Chanhyuk shoots Seunghoon a look while the latter side eyes him with a smirk. 

With no other choice, Chanhyuk forces his focus back on the stage. 

After the few initial performers, Junhoe nudges her gently. “This is where it gets good.”

Paying closer attention, she hears a familiar name being called. 

“Lisa?” she says to herself. 

It doesn’t go unnoticed by her residents as they send grins in her direction. 

Her head flips towards the stage to see Lisa coming out with a few other students. Only when the music start did she realize Lisa is dancing. As it comes to an end, Yiseul joins her cheering residents loudly supporting Lisa. 

“It’s not over yet,” Bobby reminds her. 

Then comes Seungyoon with his guitar and a bright Rosé walking right beside him as they take their places on the stools waiting for them. 

“I can’t believe Rosé managed to keep it from us,” the boys mutter with chuckles. 

Seungyoon starts strumming the guitar and the soft melody reminds Yiseul of the times he had asked her to listen. The thought of him finally showing everyone and with Rosé carrying the vocals has her completely mesmerized. 

“Yiseul,” Hayi calls out softly. “Do you hear it?”

Bewildered, she just looks back at her.

“I think they’re asking you to stay.”

The song comes to an end and Yiseul finds herself in a different state of mind as she claps along with the end of the song. 

“Yiseul, do you really want to leave?” Jennie asks. “I know we’re making a big deal out of this. Even if you were to leave, we could always see you on campus, but it just wouldn’t be the same. I think a lot of us can agree that we like ourselves a lot better when you’re around.”

“I–,”

“Yiseul!”

All heads turn as Mina squeezes through the crowd to get to them. Jennie looks in the pranksters’ directions. 

“Let Yiseul handle it,” Hanbin says just as Bobby and Junhoe were ready to do just that. 

It doesn’t slip by Yiseul. So, earlier when Hanbi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter