Chapter 29: Four Too Many Drinks

Welcome to Touchstone
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“So, everyone– I’ve been thinking,” Yiseul begins to say but, she didn’t know how to continue.

“You’re coming out with us and that’s final,” Junhoe promptly cuts in before hearing the entirety of her thought. 

She freezes. He caught on rather fast. “It’s not that I don’t appreciate you all inviting me out to have fun because, I absolutely do–,”

“Yiseul,” Jennie peeks out of her room, with only half of her face done. “Go get ready.”

“Well, why don’t you wanna join, dorm head?” Seungyoon asks as he steps out in the midst of buttoning his shirt. 

While she gives his question some thought, everyone stops what they’re doing and offers her their attention. “I’m not really that fun to be around,” she states matter-of-factly. 

“Who said that?” Hanbin peeks out of Seunghoon’s room to ask. 

“Huh?” 

He smiles upon seeing the confusion on Yiseul’s face. “Someone must have said that to you.” 

“Yeah, I don’t think you could possibly come up with that on your own, dorm head,” Junhoe adds with a click of his tongue.

“Yiseul, Lisa even made time to come out with us,” Jennie reveals. “Hayi agreed as well.”

“Hayi is joining?” Junhoe forgets the current situation and remarks with shock.

Yiseul snaps her head back in his direction, fearing the possible comments that may come out of his mouth. But, he pleasantly surprises her. 

“Well, that would be pretty damn awesome,” he adds with a chuckle.

Yiseul falls silent. This conversation has turned out exactly the way she expected it to. She would bring something up, then it becomes something completely different, and finally–, 

“Yiseul, how is my outfit?” Rosé bounces out of her room cheerfully to show her. 

“You look beautiful,” Yiseul answers genuinely.

“Yunhyeong, how does she look?” Seunghoon asks while failing to hide the teasing smile on his face. 

Rosé turns in the boy’s direction without another thought and gives him a little spin. 

Yunhyeong gulps and plays with his shirt awkwardly. “You l-look–,”

“Oh! Yiseul!” Rosé gasps with delight and faces her once more. “I’ll help you to find an outfit.”

“No, it’s really okay–,”

“Good idea, Rosé!” Bobby says with laughter. “Make sure she’s ready in twenty minutes.”

Rosé squeals and rushes Yiseul back into her room. 

Yes, exactly how she thought it would turn out. 

***

Predictably, Yiseul is unfamiliar when it comes to the night scene. She didn’t know what to do. She didn’t know how to act. She wasn’t much of a conversationalist to join in on the topics being discussed and she wasn’t much of a dancer either to be on the floor. But, she was thankful for being able to travel in a big group. It was hard to feel alone and it may just have to do with her residents always peeking over at her. 

And, Jennie who made it her mission to ensure Yiseul is having fun.

“Yiseul, what’s your drink?” Jennie appears at the bar, shouting over the loud music in the background.

“I don’t have one,” she answers honestly. 

The response brings a smile to Jennie’s lips. “Well, this is going to be fun, isn’t it?”

Yiseul watches the girl beside her and not being able to read the meaning behind the cheerful look, she decides to see how this will play out. 

“We’re just going to have to find one,” she finally reveals. “Two vodka cranberries, please!” she orders upon gaining the bartender’s attention. 

Not before long, the two drinks are slid their way. Yiseul picks it up and eyes it with curiosity. 

“Give it a try,” Jennie encourages her. 

Taking a sip, Yiseul expected it not to be in her taste but, a sip brought along with it another sip. “It’s good.”

Jennie bursts into laughter. “We have the whole night to try more.”

Her attention suddenly shoots over Yiseul’s shoulder, bringing her laughter down a notch.

“Oh, Jinhwan is here too.”

Yiseul also turns around to see if she could spot him. Scanning the tables, she did indeed manage to lay her eyes on him. He was with his friends and though they were rowdy, he merely sat back with a small smile upon his lips. 

“He won’t acknowledge us,” Jennie explains. “Are you done?”

“Huh?” Yiseul spins around as Jennie shakes her empty glass. “You finished that quickly.”

“Like how you should.”

And, that is how Yiseul downed four mixed drinks in a half an hour. Letting out a sigh, she starts noticing herself starting to feel light. But, she believes she could still handle this much. Turning in Jennie’s direction, she finds the girl laughing a lot more. Maybe it were the j

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter