Chapter 15: Gifted Responsibilities

Welcome to Touchstone
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Make sure you read the last chapter. It was a double update!

This morning, Yiseul was up earlier than most in the dorm. Which meant, she was missing the pranksters and will be unable to greet Mino later on. So, she hopes that he manages to find what she decided to leave for him. 

Closing her dorm room behind her, she walks down the hallway when a soft sound coming out of Jisoo and Lisa’s room catches her attention.

A whistle.

Deciding to not think much of it, she continues on her way. Getting onto campus at 8 AM, she waits in the study area at a small table. The wait was a little longer than she expected but it didn’t bother her as she finds that this time would only be used for zoning out. 

“Did you wait long?” Mina slides into the chair, bringing Yiseul back to attention. She slips off the red gloves Yiseul had lent her on the side of the table. 

She shakes her head. “When is it due?”

“In forty minutes,” Mina reveals as she starts pulling her notebooks out. 

Seeing the unexpected large packet making an appearance, Yiseul realizes that there is no way would it be finished in time. “I don’t think we can make–,”

“I know you can make it happen,” Mina responds with positivity nonetheless.

She had lots of questions but the most important has be why Mina had waited until this very moment to try to finish it. But, Yiseul gives in. “Which class is this?” 

“Calc.”

As there wasn’t time to begin with, Yiseul encourages the girl to get started quickly. But, five minutes in, Yiseul decides Mina isn’t moving fast enough and ends up taking over to finish it. Yiseul isn’t one to rush to do things but she will if needed to be with success. With a sigh, she sets the pencil down as Mina grabs the completed homework packet with a squeal.

“Yiseul, I knew you could do it.” She quickly shoves it into her backpack and gets ready to go to class. While grabbing the gloves, she looks back at Yiseul. “Can I continue to use these? My other ones aren’t as warm.” As Yiseul isn’t usually one to refuse, Mina continues to slip them back on anyhow. 

Predictably, Yiseul nods her head.

***

It was strange.

There was no granola bar. 

And no Yiseul…,

The kitchen counter was empty, save for a note. 

For Mino. 

And that was enough proof to convince him that there should have been something for him there. Leaving the kitchen, he stops in the hallway while the residents are getting ready for the morning. 

“Alright, who is the culprit?” Mino asks as he lifts the small note up. 

The few in the hallway look at him in confusion. They hadn’t the least idea of what he was talking about. But, in that moment, Junhoe leaves the bathroom with his usual blue towel. 

“Are you talking about the granola bar? I ate it– it was conveniently there on the counter,” Junhoe casually reveals.

“Yeah, it was conveniently set there for me,” Mino retorts. “I eat a granola bar in the morning before I leave for class. Now, everything is messed up.”

Junhoe didn’t understand the gravity of the situation. “Okay… but you know I have no self-control, Mino.”

“Oh, I’ll show you no self-control.” He charges forward but before he could reach Junhoe, Seungyoon and Jinwoo appear to grab him from behind to prevent an accident from happening. 

“Come on, there’s no reason to be angry,” Junhoe softly comments.

***

Song Mino: Late to class. 

Yiseul stares down at the a-mail in surprise. How did that happen? She hadn’t expected to get an email concerning this issue. She even prepared his usual breakfast for him. But, he wasn’t the only one the professors were having problems with today as it so appears. 

Jung Chanwoo: Caused a disturbance in class. 

“You’re standing in the way.”

Yiseul turns to the side to find Junhoe standing beside her. She didn’t realize that she had stopped walking. 

“I should have let you get run over,” he says with a sigh. “A wasted opportunity.”

The two start walking into the food court when Yiseul responds, “No one would do that.”

He slides into her path with his hands clasp in front of him. “Please, can we test it out?”

A hand darts out and smacks him on the back of his head. Junhoe ducks from the light force and his hand moves up to rub the spot.

“Did it work? Did I hit the stupid out of you?” Jennie waits with anticipation.

Junhoe shoots her a look before setting his attention on Yiseul. “Dorm head, you couldn’t have warned me?”

“Like you, I didn’t see it coming.” Yiseul responds.

“You’re lucky that it was me and not Mino,” Jennie retorts and Yiseul perks up at the mention of the name. “Otherwise, you would have been in big trouble.” Mino isn’t the type to go easy on the younger ones if they make him mad. 

“Who gets that mad over a granola bar?” 

“Granola bar?” Yiseul repeats while the two in front of her continue with their low-key argument.

“No one would be able to back you up even if they wanted to,” Jennie responds. “It was your fault for taking something that wasn’t yours to begin with.”

“You ate the granola bar? I left that for Mino.” Yiseul turns to Junhoe and voices.  

He finds himself looking between the two and clicking h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter