Chapter 1: The Move In...Or So She Thought

Welcome to Touchstone
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

People call Yiseul quiet.

They call her absent-minded. Extremely tolerant. And most recently, crazy. 

She is absolutely crazy for accepting the dorm head position at Touchstone dorms. It leads them to wonder how desperate she must have been to leave for a zoo. They also wondered how wholesome the perks were that convinced Yiseul to leave behind a perfectly decent room and suitable roommate for a place that is farther from a dream and closer to a nightmare. 

They’ll eat you up and spit you out like water used in a drama scene, they would say to paint a better picture of explanation. 

But, it was hard for Yiseul to imagine. Her knowledge of the ‘notorious’ dorms consisted of the random facts the people around her were spitting in her direction so, she couldn’t quite grasp the problem. In other words, she didn’t know how to react to her current situation.  

Besides, there were things about her circumstances they didn’t know while she didn’t care to reveal. 

So, what did she do?

She went on with her original plan.

***

After the winter vacation, it was time for all the students to shake off their break mentality and start heading back to school for the second semester.

As the students begin returning to their dorms, the place they call home for a good number of months during the year, anyone could tell that there are specific buildings that are more bustling than others.

And the emptiest one happens to be the one Yiseul is in the midst of heading towards.

After packing her belongings neatly into a single suitcase and a duffle bag – she didn’t own too much – she starts her long trek towards the unpopular Touchstone dorms. It was a smaller building, built a little farther away from the main campus and the same dorms at the center of horror stories and exaggerated rumors formed by the University students. 

There’s a reason why it was built there…to keep whoever living there as far away as possible.

The cold wind continued slapping at Yiseul’s reddened cheeks while her mind was swarmed with the constant reminder from some of the students around her. Are their fears justifiable? Who knows. Can the rumors be true? Sure, it could. But, was it going to make her turn around and save herself from a possibly awful semester? Not gonna happen. 

The snow continued to crunch underneath her boots and Yiseul looked up to see the dorms finally coming into view. But, it was still quite a distance away to her displeasure. 

The trek was a lot harder than she anticipated – 

Unknowingly, her hefty suitcase gets caught in a mound of snow with her focus set on the building. The weight of the tilting suitcase brings her along with it. Letting out a sound of surprise, Yiseul lands on her back in a snow bank regardless of her attempt to rega

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter