Chapter 59: Welcome Back to Touchstone

Welcome to Touchstone
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Walking the familiar path towards the dorm building, it takes a moment before Yiseul recognizes the strange feeling bubbling up to the surface.

It’s excitement. 

It’s no surprise that returning to this place is something she’s looking forward to. It has now become a place that held people quite dear to her. Her thoughts suddenly come to a halt when she remembers another matter– the dean didn’t contact her about any issues, so is it safe to assume no one caused trouble? 

“I knew you would do something like this.”

Startled, Yiseul stops in her steps to find Hanbin coming from behind and already steps ahead of her with her luggage in his hand. At the sight of him, Yiseul’s stomach appeared to have done subtle flips that went mostly unnoticed by her. 

He smiles widely. “It would have been nice if you texted any of us ahead of time.”

“I was planning to greet everyone once they wake up,” she reasons.

“If I didn’t happen across you by chance, you would have to lug this huge thing all by yourself,” he says while lifting the luggage to test its weight. 

“I am quite lucky then.”

“Well, since I ran into you regardless, I’ll let it slide,” he teases. “Let’s hurry.”

Hanbin spins around and leads the way. Yiseul follows and her attention falls into the way Hanbin’s dark locks always manages to stick out. This time, with spring starting to bloom in the background. 

In that exact moment, she’s unsure whether her eyes are playing tricks on her, but the sunlight seems to hit Hanbin just perfectly right and the birds’ singing sounded especially beautiful today. 

How strange. 

***

It feels like she hasn’t been away for long. 

She returns her attention back on the boy stopping at her room. “You’re up quite early, Hanbin.”

“What makes you think I slept?” he asks.

What is that supposed to mean? The expression on Yiseul’s face tells Hanbin enough and he chuckles. 

“It’s allergies season,” he merely replies. “I couldn’t sleep much last night.” He pulls a medicine bottle from his jacket and shows her what he returned with. 

A door from down the hall clicks open and their heads turn towards it. 

Hayi peeks out. “I thought I heard your voice, Yiseul.”

“Good morning, Hayi.”

“Why don’t you get settled first before the others wake up,” she suggests out of prediction of how the rest of the day will go. 

Hanbin opens the door to her room for her. “Welcome back to Touchstone, Yiseul.”

At first those words gave her so much anxiety, now it brings a smile to her face. “Thanks, Hanbin.”

***

She did find a few surprises after she began settling her things. 

She was mostly shocked to find her things untouched and in places exactly where she left them. She even searched for hidden pranks out of habit. Her room was unlocked the entire time she was gone and no one took advantage of it. 

Well, except for maybe Jaewon. The wrist watch on her bedside table told her as much. 

Minding the sleeping residents, she makes sure to organize her things with extra precaution to not make too much noise. <

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter