Chapter 27: Tricking is Her New Forté

Welcome to Touchstone
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hi everyone~ just a quickie. 

For those still following the story, I decided to change the ending to my last chapter (chap 27, titled: Is That Pity He Hears?). I thought to just let it go but, it continues to bother me the more I think about updating the story. I hope you'll just give the ending another read. The chap title will also change into: It's a Beautiful World. Sorry for the poor planning but, this is how it should have been written and it will fit much better. Thank you!

Commence reading!

For the past two weeks following the snowstorm, Yiseul hasn’t found a moment to rest. It all went wrong when she first caught sight of the marked date on the calendar. A date that was quickly and quietly approaching without her knowledge or awareness. 

But, her residents are a hard bunch. She had long started to understand that mere convincing wouldn’t do her any good– she had to play at their speed. Play at their game.

Her first success was Seunghoon.

Seunghoon who asked her for a favor. A favor that consisted of her being a temporary manager for his indoor soccer team. Next was Jennie, who she helped sneak past an ex-boyfriend. Jisoo, who managed to get to class on time thanks to her. Suhyun was easy– she had racked up quite a few favors involving her brother and her brother would be wherever she’ll be. She promised Seungyoon that she would listen to some more of the music he created–,

It was somehow coming together.

***

“Yiseul, will we be able to do something together soon?” Rosé yells from her dorm room just as Yiseul passes. 

Yiseul halts in her steps. “Are you free this Friday?” 

Rosé peeks out of her room and gasps, “Yes.”

“I’ll see you this Friday.”

With Rosé in agreement, so was Yunhyeong indirectly.

***

“Mino, please.”

“Fine.”

***

“What does ‘rubbed me the wrong way’ mean?”

Sharing the kitchen counter, Yiseul looks beside her at Donghyuk. “Huh?”

“I mean, I didn’t rub him at all but, he said I rubbed him the wrong way. Even if there is a right way, I don’t want to rub anyone.”

She opens to answer before she remembers her original goal. “That’s a hard one. Give me a few days to think about that.”

“Sure. So, you’ll have an answer for me by Friday?”

She nods.

***

“How will the weather be this week? During the winter months, it’s so difficult to find a night with clear skies.”

“I heard it’ll be the best this Friday.”

Jinwoo looks up at Yiseul. “Really?”

“Really. Best view will be from the community room.”

***

For others, it was best to be honest. 

“Lisa, what are you doing this Friday?” Yiseul peeks into the dorm room she shared with Jisoo. 

“No get-togethers for me for a while.”

“Actually, I’m putting together another study–,”

“I’m there.”

***

“Hayi, study hall this Friday?”

The young girl puts her tea cup down and nods her head.

***

For the first time in a while, Yiseul manages to run into Jinhwan. Except, he didn’t care to even look her way. 

She’ll try again later. 

***

“So, how many was that, dorm head?” Junhoe asks through his pants after finishing a round of push-ups in the middle of the hallway.

“Was it 56 or 57?” she wonders aloud.

“Dorm head.”

“Why is it important?”

“For my records.”

She turns away from him. “Maybe I’ll remember on Friday.”

“Friday?”

***

Bobby rushes after Yiseul before she can get on the elevators. “Dorm head, I have a presentation–,”

“Practice and show me on Friday!”

***

Well, she did push it off. So, it’s now or never. 

“Jinhwan!” she calls out before he could disappear into his room. As she follows after him, he brushes past Hanbin who is coming from the opposite direction. “Can I ask you something–,”

Hanbin lets out a loud sneeze and looks towards Jinhwan. His sights zero in on what was covering his black jacket. “Were you around–,”

“Jinhwan, can you come here please?” Yiseul calls out and this time, Jinhwan doesn’t hesitate to turn on his heels to head back in her direction. 

Reluctantly, he enters her dorm room and accepts whatever she places in his hands. Looking down, he finds a lint roller. With a sigh, he starts rolling it on his sleeve first. 

“Jinhwan, come to the community room on Friday.”

“No.”

“You said you would do anything.”

Without stopping his movements, he looks up at her. 

“It’s not anything weird,” she cares to clarify. 

***

Yiseul starts making a mental note of everything she needs to organize in order to stay caught up. Lost in her thoughts, she doesn’t register the person that suddenly takes a seat across from her at the cafeteria table. 

She looks up. 

“Quick– who do you like the best from Mamamoo?”

“Hwasa.” 

Chanwoo snaps his finger. “Right answer.”

Yiseul had given him a quick response as he wanted but, she has yet to recover from the surprise that Chanwoo is talking to her and sitting across from her. 

“Favorite song.”

“I don’t have one–,”

He groans, “Wrong answer.”

“Chanwoo?” Suhyun appears just then and looks down. “What are you doing here?”

“I’m here for an interrogation.”

“Okay, well, I have to speak to dorm head.”

“You can come back in a little bit.”

“Chanwoo,” Suhyun whines. “It’s my turn.”

“I literally just sat down.”

“I’m going to tell Chanhyuk what you’re doing–,”

“Fine,” Chanwoo gives in and stands up. “You’re a user.”

Seeing her chance, Yiseul snatches it. “Chanwoo, we can talk some more this Friday.”

“User?” Suhyun stares after the boy as he makes his way away. But, getting what she wants, she ignores the name-calling. “Dorm head,” she grins brightly at the girl across from her. 

Yiseul starts on her food casually. 

“So, what we talked about the other day…,”

“Suhyun, don’t you think it’s best to be honest with

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter