Chapter 42: West Wing's Most Adored Resident

Welcome to Touchstone
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Before Sunday could end and Monday could truly begin, Yiseul is awaken from deep sleep by her ringing phone.

“Ugh, shut it off,” a voice groans from next to her. 

While her hand is reaching for her phone on her bedside table, her eyes quickly adjust to the darkness in her room to discover Jaewon is in her bed once more. How is he getting into her bed so easily and without disturbing her?

“Jaewon, go back to your own bed.”

It’s starting to feel like those are the words most spoken when Jaewon is on the receiving end. 

“But, it’s so warm here.”

She almost misses his reply just as she answers her phone. “Hello?”

“Is this Lee Yiseul?”

“Yes, who is this?”

“I’m Officer Park from Seoul station; I am told by Jinhwan that you would pick him up.”

Unfazed by the news, Yiseul straightens out her hair and tries to maneuver around Jaewon to get out of bed. “You’ll have to give me a bit of time.”

“Take your time. He’ll be here.”

Trying her best to wake herself up, Yiseul calls for a taxi and gets ready while waiting for it. Jaewon is still snoozing without a care in the world the entire time. 

It was 40 minutes later when she finally showed up at the station. The officer at the front desk realizes who she must be and shows her the way into the back. 

“Girlfriend?” the officer wonders.

She shakes her head. “Dorm head.”

“Dorm head?” the officer reacts with surprise. “You would think he would use someone else as his emergency contact.”

Yiseul isn’t given time to register what the officer says because around the corner, Jinhwan is sitting at a desk. He looks up upon hearing their arrival. 

“So, I can sign him out and he leaves with me?” Yiseul asks.

The officer appears easy-going about the whole thing and nods his head. “He didn’t cause too much trouble this time.”

***

Remaining inside the station, the two of them sit on the wooden bench facing the glass window to look out for their ride. Yiseul sticks her hands into her pockets to stay warm and finds herself missing the yellow scarf much more than she thought she would. 

“I was trying to find out who made the mess,” Jinhwan willingly explains. 

“I already cleaned it up.”

“We should have made the ones responsible do it.”

“So, what did you do?” she asks. She half expects Jinhwan to ignore her question, rarely do they speak enough for it to be called a ‘conversation’. 

He sighs and stuffs his hands into the pockets of his leather jacket. “I thought it was… one of my acquaintances,” he answers. “So, I went to look for them and officers noticed me wandering.”

He probably was just brought in because he looked suspicious. “It was a group of girls.”

“That wouldn’t have been my first guess,” he answers with eyes set forward.

She wouldn’t have anticipated Jaewon’s fans to become a problem either. 

***

Yiseul lets out a huge yawn in the morning and she feels someone gently touch the side of her head, nudging it in one direction. She resists by holding onto the counter.

“Good morning,” Jaewon sweetly greets her. 

Just as he’s about to lay a kiss on her head, another hand on his forehead stops him. Yiseul and Jaewon look in between them to find a smiling Hanbin. 

“Don’t do something so intimate when you two aren’t dating,” he says.

Jaewon leans back and lets go of Yiseul’s head to her relief. “What’s it to you? I heard she rejected you.”

Somehow, Hanbin maintains his smile. “Don’t you have other girls to do this to? And, ones that would actually enjoy it.”

“I only do this to dorm head though,” Jaewon easily provides an excuse.

Hanbin subtly rolls his eyes, ignoring his words. “Then, while you’re at it, can you tell them to stay away from our building?”

While Hanbin and Jaewon are locked in this strange discussion, Yiseul secretly dips and leaves the kitchen. 

“Dorm head!”

She looks over her shoulder and catches Seungyoon peeking out of his room to catch her before she disappears. “Come to my room after classes today, I have to show you something.”

“Whoa, what are you showing?” Seunghoon pops into the hallway.

“How could you invite a girl into your room like that?” Hanbin asks, shocked by his boldness.

“Dorm head isn’t a girl,” Seungyoon answers. “I mean, she is a girl, but like–,”

“I’ll see you later, Seungyoon,” Yiseul replies as she gets onto the elevator. 

***

Today, Yiseul decides to skip lunch. 

If she ends up really hungry later, she’ll just eat during one of her big lectures. 

Getting off the bus, she looks up at the line of stores. 

***

From inside her room, she could hear murmurings on the other side of her door. Even though she’s busy with the task at hand, she could still make out most of what they’re saying. 

They’re all wondering why she has been in her room since she has been home. 

Seungyoon is mostly at her door, knocking. He still had something to show her. 

Standin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter