Chapter 19: Remedy for a y Day

Welcome to Touchstone
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Besides this wing, everyone else has absolutely no idea,” Hanbin says from his seat at the kitchen table. 

“What do you mean?” Yiseul remarks as she fixes herself a bowl of cereal. 

Hanbin smiles in amusement seeing her attempting to play dumb. Since her announcement the other day, everyone– well, those who care –are making sure their room would pass inspections. Otherwise, after room checks, precious things are tossed out and the floor becomes a sea of tears. 

Leaning her back up against the counter, she starts on her bowl of cereal in her hands. 

“Where are you going so early?”

“The library,” she answers in between munches. “Can I borrow that book?”

“You’re going to make me walk back to the East wing?” 

“Can you?” she asks. 

He sighs. 

A sudden pop startles Yiseul and she looks up to feel her hair falling down and over her shoulders. Her eyes drop to the ground where she sees her torn hair tie. Placing her cereal bowl safely on the counter, she picks up her only hair tie to unfortunately toss it out. 

Hanbin doesn’t say anything and Yiseul meets his eyes. “Is my hair a mess?”

He shrugs and comments with no particular care, “It looks fine.”

“Dorm head!” Junhoe rushes in and corners her at the counter. “When are the room checks?”

“I don’t know,” she responds.

He gapes. “Do you find it fun to stress us out?” 

“Ignorance is really bliss,” Bobby soon joins in. 

“That wasn’t my intention,” Yiseul tries to comfort him. 

“Then, tell us when it is,” Junhoe insists.

“It’s supposed to be a surprise.” Yiseul decides she couldn’t give in. 

“Surprises are supposed to be fun,” Seunghoon remarks as he appears but something else steals his attention. “Did you do something different with your hair?”

“Why? Is it messy?”

“No, it looks nice,” Bobby finds himself caught up in the change of topic as well.

“Her hair isn’t important right now,” Junhoe raises his voice. “I want to know when I should start cleaning–,”

“Oh, it’s because you always have your hair in a ponytail,” Hanbin snaps his finger as soon as he figures it out.

Junhoe rolls his eyes. 

“Oh,” Jaewon softly exclaims when he enters. “I didn’t know the kitchen was so busy.”

“Don’t you have practice all day usually?” Hanbin asks. 

“We got a day off. We’ll start up practice again tomorrow for the game next weekend,” Jaewon answers as he gets himself a cup of water.

“Doesn’t that also mean–,”

Junhoe is unable to complete his sentence when Jaewon nearly spits out his drink. To change the topic, Jaewon wipes his mouth and sets his sights on Yiseul. “Oh, your hair looks nice down.”

She didn’t know what to say. “Is there something happening today?” Why is everyone being so complimentary?

Each of their heads give a little shake while Junhoe is still impatient since his question continues to remain unanswered and while he keeps getting distracted by the topic of Yiseul’s hair. 

“Yiseul!” a bright voice cuts through the air before Rosé makes her bright appearance. “What is allowed and not allowed in the dorms again?”

“There’s a list online,” Yiseul responds.

“Wow, you answer her question but not mine?” Junhoe interrupts.

“Just because you don’t like her answer doesn’t mean she didn’t answer it,” Bobby points out.

“Really?” Rosé blinks in surprise. Something out in the hall captures her attention and she hurries out the doorway. “Yunhyeong! Can you help me find this list?” Her voice grows softer the further away she gets. 

“Poor guy,” Seunghoon comments with a chuckle. Rosé has no idea what she does to Yunhyeong. “Oh, I almost forgot,” he says more to himself. Peeking out into the hall, he yells out, “Mino! You better hide your alcohol!” 

This is exactly why she needed to warn them somehow. 

***

A book slides towards her. 

Yiseul stops her writing and looks up to find Hanbin standing across from where she’s sitting. “Did you come here to give me that?” 

“Please,” he dismisses her guess. “I also have homework to do.”

From underneath the table, she pushes out the chair across from her with her feet. “Then, have a seat.”

He pulls the chair out further and takes the offer. “Hey, since I did this, can’t you help me with an upcoming quiz?”

She should have known something like this would happen. “What about Jisoo?”

“Are we going to have the same conversation?”

She’ll take it as he won’t consider that option. As he is pulling out his notes, her phone vibrates against the surface of the table. “I have to answer this.”

Stepping away and into the bathroom, she picks up the call. 

“Hello?”

“Yiseul, have you spoken to Mina?” her mom’s voice comes over. 

“I saw her the other day.”

“Was she okay?”

Yiseul didn’t know what to say. “Why wouldn’t she be?”

“She fell sick. Her parents have been calling her and she hasn’t been answering her phone. They’re concerned.”

“I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter