Chapter 61: Tamer of the Beasts

Welcome to Touchstone
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

The West wing really didn’t feel like the West wing.

Jongdae looked back at the door he just entered through. Surely, he didn’t make a mistake. Seeing Seunghoon, he is reassured. 

“What happened to you savages?” he asks aloud.

“What the hell are you doing on our side of the wing?” Seunghoon retorts. 

How much has things change– the Center and East wing always had their doors locked to prevent any mingling from the West wing. Yet, here Jongdae was, in the wing everyone wanted to avoid. 

He takes a look around the hall, even the air conditioning felt nice over here. 

“Oh, did you notice?” Jinwoo’s question snaps him out of his thoughts. “Our dorm head made sure we wouldn’t be forgotten out here.”

No one wanted a replay of the event that happened in the winter. 

“Yeah, it was definitely the air conditioning that confused me the most,” he answers sarcastically. 

He didn’t want to admit it, but Yiseul is undeniably the best fit for the West wing. She managed to put a leash on everyone– he wouldn’t ever say that out loud, it would only agitate the beasts. 

Another thought crosses his mind–,

With the West wing now under Yiseul’s control, it has been much more comfortable for all the residents in Touchstone dorms. So, he sincerely hopes she never leaves. 

“Well, I got to see what I came to see,” Jongdae says before leaving to return back to his wing. 

***

Hanbin couldn’t trust what he read in that text.

He was invited out to lunch.

Invited by Yiseul.

As he heads towards the cafeteria, he is reminded not to get ahead of himself. She could also be meeting up with Jennie and Chanwoo to watch episodes of some drama before their classes. Then, it’ll just be the three of them watching the show and Hanbin pretending he’s following along. 

All done for the sake of hanging out with Yiseul. 

Approaching closer to the cafeteria, Hanbin is greeted by the familiar loud chatters. A second later, he hears the start of a commotion and receives a different text. 

Opening it, he reads the mass message that Jennie had sent out and a heavy sigh leaves his lips. The moment he steps foot into the vast room, he can pinpoint a single voice. 

“Look, we haven’t had any warnings yet and we’re not about to let some cute children ruin it for us.”

Seunghoon’s words could be heard clearly as the conversations around them die down. 

The freshmen from their last confrontation at the bar was once again picking another fight– or maybe they just wanted to finish what they started. 

“You’re all freshmen, right?” Chanwoo asks. “New to the school?”

“It’s probably why they’ve never heard of us,” Junhoe reasons. 

“Seunghoon, Junhoe, Chanwoo,” a voice calls out. 

Arriving with Jinhwan beside her, Yiseul interrupts the mood that could have taken a turn for the worse. 

The three boys stop what they’re doing and look back towards her. She doesn’t have to ask to know exactly what is going on. 

She moves to the forefront.

“I’m sure it’s lunchtime, why aren’t you eating?” she asks the towering freshmen. 

They smile in recognition. “Is this your new way of threatening us?”

“Threatening?” she reacts calmly. “There’s no need for that.”

Out of the corner of her eye, she notices Hanbin appearing and taking his spot behind her. 

How reliable. 

All her residents and Hanbin are right beside her. 

The freshmen direct their attention elsewhere. “You cowards really have a girl protecting you?”

Without missing a beat, Yiseul respon

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter