Prologue: Offer on a Platter

Welcome to Touchstone
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

She was nervous due to the fact she was sitting here – where the unknown stood behind that shut door. 

Her stomach twists and turns being in this position where she couldn’t figure out what was going to happen the moment her name gets called. The room was silent other than the ticking of the clock hung right above the doorway. Her leg shook impatiently to match the rhythm of the noise. Her eyes began to wander toward the secretary silently scribbling at her desk, the same person who had asked her to take a seat on the chair propped against the wall.

The same person unaware that she was fueling the girl’s anxiety by doing nothing. 

The young girl’s mind began visiting possible explanations as to why she was here. Explanations as to why the Dean asked to speak to her? Wasn’t running the University a whole lot of responsibility already? She is only one in the thousands that attend here and someone like the secretary is more fitting. And like, how bad is it? Before the second semester of freshman year of college could commence, she already has to deal with this. Not totally a good sign. 

The door across from her suddenly opens. “Lee Yiseul.” 

There it was. Composing her expression, Yiseul stood up and walked through the door that the older woman held opened for her. 

“Have a seat.”

Just break it to her. Because the unknown was slowly killing her. 

The somber mood of this whole meeting was putting the young girl on edge. Yiseul gently took her seat and held her hands together neatly on top of her lap. Her eyes catch the gold-plated nametag that held the title, ‘College Dean’ affixed underneath the woman’s name before she glanced up at the named woman sitting across from her at the desk.

A gentle smile plastered on the older woman’s fa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter