Chapter 51: She Just Doesn't Want To

Welcome to Touchstone
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“The cake was gone so fast,” Rosé whines.

“Junhoe basically had half of it, but it was his birthday,” Jennie says, knowing they can’t exactly complain. 

Even without the cake, they had a delicious breakfast that Yiseul spent the early hours of the morning to prepare. Even now, their mouths water while recalling it.

“Is it the last exam today for you guys?” Rosé asks.

Jennie and Jisoo offer noises to answer and Lisa nods. 

“That’s great, Lisa. Then, you can go back to dance practice without worrying about studying.”

The reminder from Rosé brings a smile to Lisa’s face. 

“Hey, Lisa, if you love dancing so much, why are you pre-med?” Jisoo wonders.

“I need to survive first,” she responds. “Dancing can always be a hobby and I’m happy with that.”

“So rational of you,” Jisoo comments. “And what about you, Rosé? I heard you had a date with Yunhyeong the other day.”

“What?” Rosé squeaked. “Me? Date? With Yunhyeong? We just met up in his dorm room to watch something together,” she mutters to herself. 

“In the middle of exams?” Jennie wonders.

“He said I looked stressed.”

Lisa remembers that day clearly. “Didn’t he have an exam the next morning?” She was up early and had caught him barely dressed and ready when he threw on his coat to head to campus.

“Did he?” Rosé asks with wide eyes. 

The girls stare at the oblivious girl before them. 

“Alright, I have to head out now,” Jisoo announces.

“We’ll reconvene before the carnival,” Jennie says. “It’s our last chance.”

“Roger that.”

“Hey,” Jennie calls out once remembering something. “What’s with Hanbin always interrupting with, ‘if you want to’?” she mocks by deepening her voice.

***

“Should we be doing something?” Bobby asks.

For the past hour, Junhoe has been staring dead set ahead. Life depleting from his eyes. 

“Did the exams drain you to this extent?” Seunghoon nudges the boy’s shoulder. Expectantly, he doesn’t get a response. 

“I heard the girls are trying to put together some kind of plan,” Hanbin reveals. 

“I have my own,” Seungyoon says and it draws everyone’s attention.

“Like, what?” Jinwoo leans forward on the cafeteria table. 

Seungyoon shrugs. “You’ll see.”

“But, this is a group effort,” Seunghoon points out. 

“You wouldn’t be of any help in my plan anyways,” Seungyoon retorts. 

“I’ll win all the prizes for dorm head at the carnival,” Junhoe finally says his first sentence since meeting up with everyone.

“Let’s meet up with the girls sometime later,” Hanbin decides.

“Did you change your mind again?” Seunghoon remarks. 

“Yeah, you didn’t seem to care anymore,” Junhoe adds.

“I don’t want her to be pressured,” Hanbin retorts. But at the same time, he knows without any doubt that she wants to stay. He just wants her to choose to stay instead of having the residents pushing her to. 

“But, we are trying to pressure her,” Jinwoo states matter-of-factly.

Seunghoon points at Hanbin. “And, you’re interfering.”

Defiantly, Hanbin crosses his arms and turns his head. “And, I want her happy.”

After a moment, Junhoe blurts, “What the hell is that supposed to mean?”

“Is this because of your crush?”

Hanbin’s eyes widen at Bobby’s reminder. “My crush?”

“On the dorm head,” Bobby clarifies even though Hanbin clearly knows.

“I can only be nice to someone when I have a crush on them?”

The boys don’t respond right away to Hanbin’s question.

“But, aren’t you paying closer attention because of your crush on her?” Junhoe asks. 

“I care about everyone in the West wing… and I definitely don’t have a crush on you, Junhoe.”

“What?” Junhoe blurts.

“Well, you aren’t exactly my type.”

Immediately, Seungyoon, Seunghoon, and Jinwoo check themselves out of the conversation. 

“Then, what is your type?”

“Why are you taking this so personally, Junhoe?” Bobby asks. 

“Hold on, I wanna know,” Junhoe waves Bobby’s input aside to focus back on what matters. “What’s your type then, Hanbin?”

“Maybe… Yunhyeong?” Hanbin answers. 

“But, the dorm head isn’t anything like Yunhyeong.”

“I can have many types.”

“What’s wrong with me?” Junhoe appears to get more riled up with every q

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter