Chapter 39: Toned Down and Definitely Not Emotional

Welcome to Touchstone
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Dorm head!”

Sitting up in her bed, her eyes are barely open as she immediately sighs to herself for forgetting to lock up again.

“It got accepted!”

Forcing her eyes to open, she finds a phone screen pushed up to her face. Tilting her head, she finds Seungyoon grinning back at her. 

“What did?” she asks while trying to see what’s on the screen. Once her vision focuses and the bright light is no longer painful, she could finally read the message within the e-mail. 

Seungyoon drops the phone and shakes her shoulders. His excitement unable to be contained. “The song. The song you listened to,” he answers. “They’ll let me perform it during our upcoming May Carnival!” 

“Seungyoon, I’m so happy for you,” she manages to find her words. “You worked really hard.”

“I gotta let the others know now,” he says. Still in high spirits, he disappears out into the hallway. 

Checking over the time, Seungyoon has beaten her alarm by ten minutes so she might as well just stay up and start getting ready for the day early. 

***

From one morning class to another, Yiseul had almost forgotten about the conversation with Hanbin last night. It’s not that she doesn’t want to think about it… rather, she can’t understand what Hanbin said to be true. 

A scuttle a few feet in front of her stops her in the middle of the hallway. 

Looking up, she finds Rosé and Yunhyeong caught up in an argument that is only getting fierier by the second. Not between them. But, them against a small group of female students. 

Yunhyeong moves in front of Rosé and she happily hides behind him while shouting at the girls before them. 

“Why are you going after her?” Yunhyeong defends Rosé. 

He would repeatedly shift so the group of girls and their hands couldn’t get to Rosé.

“Then, tell us who Yiseul is,” they demand.

Yiseul continues watching from the sidelines, caught up in trying to understand why they want to know who she is. 

“Don’t bother Yiseul!” Rosé shouts before ducking behind Yunhyeong once more. 

Looking up, her expression changes upon catching sight of Yiseul staring back at her. Silently, Rosé wildly tries her best to shoo her away. 

Yiseul steps forward, but Rosé tries harder to stop her. 

Giving in, Yiseul leaves and soon hides within the crowds of students moving through the hallways. With no direction, she finds herself inside the library. Walking past rows of book cases, a familiar face catches her attention. Slowing in her steps, Yiseul redirects and walk closer to find it is Lisa. 

Asleep. Slouched against a stack of textbooks on the floor beside her. 

With a sigh, Yiseul quietly takes a seat on the other side of Lisa.  

She certainly would feel bad leaving Lisa here alone and she’s comfortable knowing the group of girls wouldn’t be looking for her here. So, she’ll stay. Pulling out her phone. She sees a notification that she hasn’t seen in a while. An e-mail notification from a professor. Upon opening it, she immediately realizes who’s the focus of the message. 

Chanwoo.  

She sighs once more.

She had totally forgotten about what he said to her after Hanbin’s bombshell. 

“It’s her fault for falling asleep here; don’t punish yourself too.”

The voice brings her shutting off her phone and looking to her left. Jisoo makes her way over and takes a seat against the opposite bookcase, facing Yiseul and Lisa. 

Even though Jisoo had said that, Yiseul figures she’ll end up staying too. 

“I didn’t want to leave her,” Yiseul responds. 

Jisoo sighs and pulls out her work. “Well, I guess I can use this time to study. Pre-law isn’t a walk in the park.”

“What are you guys doing here?”

The two look up and at the end of the bookcases stands Junhoe. 

Yiseul motions towards Lisa. 

“Geez, why does she fall asleep in these places? Especially when no one can wake her,” he grumbles to himself, but soon joins them anyways.

Jisoo shuts her books. “Well, I definitely can’t study now.”

“Are you planning to stay here all night, dorm head?” Junhoe questions. “God knows when she’ll wake up.”

“Then, I’m glad you’re here,” Yiseul responds.

“Huh?”

Minutes later, Junhoe finds himself struggling to keep walking underneath Lisa’s dead weight. 

“Why do I have to be the one that carries her?” he asks, unhappy with the set up. 

“Do you suppose Yiseul or I to do it instead?” Jisoo questions back. 

Yiseul looks at Lisa still sleeping soundly and looks down at Lisa’s backpack she’s carrying on her chest. 

Junhoe groans as he tries to shift Lisa comfortably on

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter