The Dream

In your dreams

Taemin's POV-

'Are you talking about me?'

Everyone jumped. There leaning against the wall was none other than that cloaked guy. Why does he always have to make shocking appearances?

He looked worse for wear: the cape that he always wears, torn and covered in dry blood. At least the bleeding seemed to have stopped. If anything: he seemed better. Apart from his outfit, you'd think there was nothing wrong with him. His face still covered by the cloak, but that didn't matter to me, for I already know who he is.

'This is the cloaked guy.' I said, pointing his way.

I think his ghastly appearance only helped create silence. Everyone looked frozen, like time itself had paused. I glanced at _____. Something wasn't right: something seemed off about her. The girl who at every chance would try to question that cloaked figure was instead looking at her hands, almost like if she stared long enough they might transform.

He forced a cough. My eyes followed the direction of that cough. I forgot that this guy liked all attention on him when was around. I guess I was similar sometimes.

'As Taemin mentioned I am the cloaked guy.'

____'s brother spoke, 'And… Who are you?'

'The cloak guy.'

'Who are you really?'

'That would be a secret.'

'Don't bother.' _____ looked at her brother, 'He'll never tell you anything you want to know and when he does tell you something it's usually in riddles. He's a good for nothing, lowlife jerk.'

'Ouch! That’s a bit harsh don't you think?' he pretended to cringe in pain.

She only glared back at him.

The cloaked guy looked at me, his sad smile and with sympathetic eyes, 'Taemin… It's time.'

My eyes widened in shock: did he really mean it! No! He must be joking! Not now! Things were only just starting to get good!       

'What's time?' ____'s sister asked, trying to comprehend everything ____ had said to her about the cloaked guy.     

I was just about to open my mouth to speak, but instead opened it in horror: it almost happened in slow motion as ____ fell off of her chair, collapsing onto the ground and everyone rushing towards her.

 

The doctors said that it was minor concussion and that she should be alright. But none of us believed them. So there sat ____'s family, I and the cloaked guy all waiting in around her hospital bed hoping for some kind of sign that she was alright.

I looked over at the cloaked guy, eying him cautiously. How come he seemed to have healed so well? He looked almost as strong and healthy as the first day I had met him. Something really wasn't right. I mean, to put it plainly: the guy was almost dead! How did he come back from the brink of death? Was that even possible?

Maybe I was just over thinking it. After all since ____ collapsed and the cloaked guy said it was almost time, is it true? My thoughts have gone insane. I clutched my heart: I didn't want it to hurt, not now, not yet. Just give me a little more time, please!?   

'Taemin…'  ____ was calling me!?

I rushed to her side and gripped her hand, 'I'm here ____! Can you hear me? Are you alright!?'

Her eyes slowly opened and closed, adjusting to the brightness of the hospital room. It was over minute which felt an eternity before her eyes must have adjusted and she looked at me.

She smiled, a tear rolled town her cheek, 'Taemin…'

I wanted to wipe it away but I couldn't move: I was paralysed by her gaze.

'I'm dying Taemin…'

'No! ____, you're not!' I reassured, 'Look at me! You were just unconscious, it's nothing serious. You'll be fine.'

She smiled and shook her head, 'No Taemin, I'm dying. You know I love you, right? For your happiness, I hope you find someone who will love you as much as I love you.'

'__-'

'But promise me one thing: when you return, don't forget about me.'

'What are you talking about!? I love you ___, how are you telling me to love someone else? You're not going to die!'

'Tsk, tsk. What am I going to do with you? You need to stop pretending, Taemin. I know about it. I'm sorry I found out. I know you didn't want to tell me. You thought that way you could protect me. That's so sweet of you, but I would have to know in the end.'

'You knew!? Since when!?'

'Ever since I went to Korea, but back then they were only suspicions. Only today when you and the cloaked guy were talking were my suspicions confirmed. Taemin, come here please.'

'But I am here! ___ I'm right beside you!' Was she loosing it?   

I turned my head to where she was looking: the cloaked guy was walking towards the bed. I turned back to her, she was smiling again.

'It's time then, I guess?'

'Yes… It was a pleasure to meet you ____ and to fall in love with you.' I hadn't spoken those words, but it was my voice! I turned to face the other Taemin: he carelessly chucked his cloak to the ground.

So it was time. It really was time to end all of this.

The other Taemin looked at me, 'Do you hate me?'

'You told her?'

His smile grew, 'I had to. I told you that you would be the one soon in pain. I'm sorry Taemin, but I hope you can still keep the promise.'

'Can't I stay here?'

'No…'

'There has to be another way! I can't leave!' I grasped ____'s hand, 'Please say that I can stay!'

'Taemin, listen to Taemin. You do not belong here, you never did, you never will. I'm sorry, I'm sorry for making you fall in love with me.'

'You knew all along!'

Her smile fell, 'Yes. I knew all along about this and that you didn't belong here. I wanted to tell you but Taemin told me not to.' She glanced at the cloaked guy before looking back at me, 'You seemed so happy Taemin, and I thought we could be friends and move on, but I was foolish for not realising your real feelings. I should've known by the other Taemin, that you too would feel the same. I guess I didn't want it to end either… You really need to leave no-'

'No! ____, please! I can't go back! I have to stay here with you! We're supposed to be together forever! We need to-'

'Taemin! There's nothing between us! Whether or not you want to return, you'll return. There's no point to all this arguing. I'm sorry and goodbye.'

'NOO~!'

 

 

 

 

 

'Taemin… Taemin! Taemin get up already!'

I jumped at the voice and bumped my head on the bottom of the top bunk.

'Ooww~'

'Don't blame me that you bumped your head, you're the one who wasn't listening to my calls.'

My eyes focused, 'Key?'

'Who else were you expecting? Now hurry up and have breakfast, we have to go soon!'

I scrambled out of bed and put the clothes lying by my bed on; I'd worry about my hair later.

Sliding into the kitchen I noticed the other members running around getting ready, even manager hyung was here. As I sat at the table, key placed leftover kimchi and some rice towards me. I screwed up my face: I really didn't feel like kimchi this morning.

'Don't screw your face up.' Key said, 'I don't have time to make you anything, now eat.'

'Key…'

'Taemin if it's about the food then I don't really car-'

 'It's not about the food.'

'What's wrong?' He sat in the chair next to me, a worried look on his face.

'Is _____ ok? Has she said anything about getting out of the hospital?'

'Who's in the hospital?'

'_____.'

'Who's ____?'

'What do you mean, "Who's ____?" _____ is _____. Your baby girl. Please don't joke about things like that.'

'Ha! Baby girl, Taemin, what are you talking about? JJong, Minho, Jinki: come here a moment.'

They all came walking over, curious to why they were being summoned.

'What's up?' Minho asked, 'It'd better be quick, we need to hurry and get ready.'

'Do you guys know a _____?'

'No.' Minho said, shrugging.

'Nope.' said Onew, also looking confused.

'Is she y?' asked Jonghyun.

Key smacked the nearest thing on Jonghyun's head. 'Ouch!' he said, pouting, 'I was only curious.'

'See Taemin.' Key said, facing me again, 'There is no ____ girl, ok?'

I couldn't believe what I had just heard. I ran straight to the computer and started searching for her. I went on all the sites I knew she went on and searched all of her usernames: nothing.

'Taemin…' Onew started.

'No!' I cried, 'She's real! I love her! She's real! I swea-'

I paused.

She's not real… I remembered the promise I had made with the other Taemin: that I would let go of her when I woke up. That girl who I loved: never existed.

The girl, the girl from my dreams: my love.

 

 

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------

So that's the end of this story. wow! 30,365 words (the most i've ever written for a story, thank god we never had to do that much at school!)  i didn't really want to stop writing it, but before i realised i was writing the end. (i knew the ending as soon i started writing the start...) hope you enjoyed it, comments are welcomed and if you enjoyed it please vote up my story!

if you're still confused about something, then hopefully i'll be able to answer it for you ^^;

so before i've mentioned about making this into some kind of comic thing, well heres that page i was talking about image

i'm still not sure but if i did it, then it would be soft coloured (i'll try and keep my style the same all the way through, seriously it changes everytime i draw something o.0 its fustrating)

also my da if you're interested

i made a poll, so if you want me to try and make it then let me know

 

 

ANOUNCEMENT

So i will continue with my exo story, but i will be doing some other projects soon as well

i'll be doing a seires of kpop boy group oneshots with my fav members from each group x reader. im planing to do one for each member, so look forward to them

one of my friends has agreed to do a joint interactive SHINee story which hopefully we will start soon also. (you will be able to date all of them)

might be doing in your dreams as a 'visual novel'

and i'll continue doing more stories which i have no idea about yet (want to write an infinite story!!)

feel free to talk to me, and if you cant find me, i'll probably on my deviant art (which i really need to finish some of my art and upload it o.0 )

 

i think that's all i wanted to say... hope you enjoyed the story and will stick around for more of my stories and thankyou so much to my subscribers and all the people who commented and encouraged me, you people are what made me be able to finish this story, so thankyou and i love you~