Chapter 37 - slightly unwanted encounter

In your dreams

'______...'

'Heh! Can't you see that he's not interested in yo-'

Her smirk disappeared as Taemin rushed over to me and kissed me straight on the lips. This time I didn't slap him or try to run away: I kissed him back. Kissed him hard.

He smiled at me, a little laugh escaping from his breath, 'Do you have any idea how long I've been waiting for you to say that?'

'No, tell me.'

'Since I met that girl who I first encountered in my dreams. Actually she has the same name as you and looks like you.'

'Really? What a coincidence.'

He laughed, and turned back to the manager, the waitress and everyone else. His expression turned serious, 'I'm sorry for what happened here and the mess my friend made.' He turned to the waitress, 'I'm sorry, but you're not my type anyway, but I do want to thank you for waking up _____'s feelings about me.' With that he grabbed my wrist and we walked out of the café, leaving the mess behind.

He started to speed up, 'T-Taemin, slow down! What's the rush?'

He turned to me, 'We're going to celebrate your feelings for me. I'm going to buy you something nice.'

'Huh!? You're starting to sound like Key umma. Maybe you've caught his diva bug…'

'Hey!' we both laughed.

'_____? Is that you?'

We both turned around to my group of friends. All of them. Except me.

'Oh! So these are your friends?' Taemin asked.

'Who's this?' My friends had finally noticed Taemin.

'Uh… He's a friend I made from overseas and he's here for a little while…'

'And so is this friend is a close friend?' I looked down and noticed that we were still holding hands. I tried to let go, but his grip only tightened, 'I'm a really, really, really close friend, hey ____?'

My face went bright scarlet, 'W-we're not t-together!' My friends kept giving me the "he's your boyfriend" look.

'It's funny.' One of them said, 'He looks a bit like that Mr Perfect from every angle guy.'

Taemin stifled a laugh, 'Mr Perfect from every angle guy?' he repeated and looked at me, 'Really?'

'What! No! I don't know what they are talking about.'

'What was that guy's name again?' one of them said.

'Taemin.' Said another.

Taemin lost it: bent over double, his laughter escaped.

What the hell was so funny about that!?

'Oh god _____! You are so cute!' he pinched my cheek, 'Why didn't you tell me earlier about your feelings?'

'Because I thought that you could never love me…'

He stiffened. He cupped my chin with his hands, 'You thought that you weren't good enough for me? You thought someone like me would never love you? Why don't you understand!? How many times do we have to tell you for you to understand? We, all of us, SHINee, we love you. I love you. _____ I love you and I always will-'

Taemin glanced around panic-struck. He let go of me and huffed.

'But aren't a famous kpop idol or something? And how are you speaking English?' My friends asked.

He looked at them, his smile returning, 'That's a secret~'

'Awww~ but we wanna know~' they whined.

Suddenly the sky went gray. Observing the surroundings around me, I saw a shadow slip past a building a little down the street. I grabbed Taemin's wrist, 'Taemin!'

He looked at me, 'What?'

'It's him!'

Instantly he understood. Quickly we said goodbye to my friends and started to bolt down the street to the alleyway that I saw the shadow enter.

We pulled to a stop and peered down the alleyway: it was extremely dark and almost impossible to see into. Only something was reflecting at the entrance: blood.

 

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

double update tonight!! i'm really happy and i'm unsure why but when i'm in a good mood i'm able to write (comments are one thing that makes me happy...)