Chapter 35 - Pain

In your dreams

Taemin's POV-

Where was she? Where was _____?

'Do you want to join us?' I had said to her.

What a fool.

Does she hate us now? Does she hate me? I winced at the pain which was forming my chest. Panting, I opened the nearest door: ______. Fast asleep she lay there, on my bed! I looked behind me: I could hear my hyungs coming this way. I don't know what got into me, but I didn't want them to be near her! I needed a diversion and quick! I walked back into the passageway and closed my door behind me.

Key and Onew ran up to me, 'Have you found ____ yet?' Onew puffed, the sweat trickling down his face.

I'm sorry Key-umma and Onew hyung~! 'I just saw her run outside.' I lied. 'I was just looking for a torch in my roo-'

'What!? We don't have time to grab torches, WE NEED TO FIND HER NOW!! Onew, you go and get Jjong and Minho. Taemin, you stay here in case she comes back. I'll go look for her!'

They both ran off in different directions. I can't believe I just did that. I lied to umma! And to a hyung! I slipped through my door, making sure that it was locked behind me.

Something wasn't right. I surveyed my room: nothing seemed out of place and _____ was still peacefully sleeping. I shook my head, I was imagining things.

I took a step forward and felt it again. I peeked behind me: no-one there. Now I knew that I must be really going crazy. I hit myself. The dark doesn't leer at you.

'I can't believe you guys actually did that. But then Jonghyun was the instigator, so it's not that surprising…'

'T-'

'Hey~, long time no see~.'

'B-b-but! What are you doing here!? Didn't you say that the next time I saw you, it would be time?'

'I did, did I? ... I guess I did... Sorry about that. Rela-'

'You're hurt!?'

He laughed, 'It's just a little bit of blood, nothing to be worried about.'

'Worried!!? You're DYING!!!'

'Shhh~ Not so loud, you'll wake ____.'

'What happened to you!? Why are you here? Why now?'

'W-wait, just calm down Taemin! Then I can explain.'

My back hit the wall and I slid to the floor, my eyes not leaving the cloaked figure.

'Yes, I am dying. Unfortunately/fortunately, there is nothing that can stop it. It's almost time for me to die, which means it's almost time for that too. I came here to let you know that and to spend the rest of your time with ____ wisely. I know that you really love her. I'd tell you not to get too attached to her, but it seems that it is too late. For me, I hope you stay by her side as much as possible. You remember what I told you right? That promise. Don't forget that promise, whatever you do. It's for your own good. Ah! Goodbye Taemin.'

He vanished. Again. He always does this, talking in riddles and then vanishing. I did remember. What he had told me. And the promise.

I walked over to _____ and flopped onto the bed. I hugged her tightly, tears forming in my eyes.

I don't want this to end!!!   

 

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------

AN- so um yeah, i finished packing and had some spare time and decided that i would suprise you guys and update. i'm sorry that it's really short! (i really should be sleeping) im trying to piece things together slowly so i don't spoil anything, but i think i only seem to be adding more things that need answering >__< sorry~ see you all in 2 weeks time~